Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
2scoops5  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 6:53:19 PM(UTC)
2scoops5

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)

I've just purchased this item and would like to provide some feedback to the author, Ambrosia3d.

This item has an excessively dense mesh for such an low detailed item (almost 162k polys). This results in horrible deformations/wrinkling when applied to any figure not similar enough to the base figure this was designed on (in fact, just loading the item not fitted to any figure shows how unsmooth the original mesh is anyway). Further, overly dense meshes mean the smoothing modifier is ineffective unless cranked up which, due to the poly density, uses excessive cpu.

It seems that best practice would be to provide a lower resolution mesh - 40k at most for this item (probably even less), meaning a subddivision modifier could be used if required, smoothing works more effectively and efficiently and there will be less distortion when applied to non-base shapes. I also note that each section of the mesh has distinctly different densities - there should be consistency (with perhaps an exception for the studs, which could be one subdivision level higher).

I hope you take this as intended - some honest constructive criticism. It would be great if an update were published with the item exported from your modelling/sculpting software 1, or even 2, subdivisions lower, or even a second product - I would buy it. I look forward to your future products as you've filled a gap in the market with products that show potential.

Edited by user Thursday, December 13, 2018 7:03:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: More to add

2scoops5 attached the following image(s):
gsocc.jpg
thanks 1 user thanked 2scoops5 for this useful post.
banditcameraman on 12/15/2018(UTC)
Absinthe  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 11:21:14 AM(UTC)
Absinthe

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 103 post(s)

I've alerted the vendor to this thread.

thanks 1 user thanked Absinthe for this useful post.
2scoops5 on 12/14/2018(UTC)
Ambrosia3d  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 3:35:26 PM(UTC)
Ambrosia3d

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Originally Posted by: 2scoops5 Go to Quoted Post

I've just purchased this item and would like to provide some feedback to the author, Ambrosia3d.

This item has an excessively dense mesh for such an low detailed item (almost 162k polys). This results in horrible deformations/wrinkling when applied to any figure not similar enough to the base figure this was designed on (in fact, just loading the item not fitted to any figure shows how unsmooth the original mesh is anyway). Further, overly dense meshes mean the smoothing modifier is ineffective unless cranked up which, due to the poly density, uses excessive cpu.

It seems that best practice would be to provide a lower resolution mesh - 40k at most for this item (probably even less), meaning a subddivision modifier could be used if required, smoothing works more effectively and efficiently and there will be less distortion when applied to non-base shapes. I also note that each section of the mesh has distinctly different densities - there should be consistency (with perhaps an exception for the studs, which could be one subdivision level higher).

I hope you take this as intended - some honest constructive criticism. It would be great if an update were published with the item exported from your modelling/sculpting software 1, or even 2, subdivisions lower, or even a second product - I would buy it. I look forward to your future products as you've filled a gap in the market with products that show potential.

Thank you very much for your contribution 2scoops5!!

I'm working on the lower resolution mesh and will update the product as soon as possible

Cheers!

thanks 2 users thanked Ambrosia3d for this useful post.
banditcameraman on 12/15/2018(UTC), 2scoops5 on 12/15/2018(UTC)