Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
billyben  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 7:35:14 PM(UTC)
billyben

Was thanked: 1504 time(s) in 1278 post(s)

Okay, with great help from NudeFan I was finally able to create the 5 textures for a character but where do Install them?  I know to go the the surfaces tab but once I get there, not sure where to put which texture.  I tried installing the diffuse texture under Base color and get a bad case of the shinies (Ever seen an anodized penis?).  I installed the bump texture under "Base Bump" and the normal texture under "Normal Map" but do not know where to install the Specular and SSS maps.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill
I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused
NudeFan  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 10:01:55 PM(UTC)
NudeFan

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
When the male figure is loaded including anatomical elements and the material is set to the male, do the following:

Select the 'Surface selection tool', activate the 'Surface pane', go there to the 'Editor'-tab.

Select the torso and look for the shader used there (you see it in the line under 'Editor'), select then the genitalia and check the shader there. If you see different values, apply the same shader used on the torso to the genitalia.

Select then the torso, go to the main menu of the DS and select 'Edit / Copy / Copy selected Surface(s)'

Select then the genitalia and go to the main menu 'Edit / Paste / Paste to Selected Surface(s)'

Then go through all options for the Genitalia offered in the surface editor and replace all used images with the recently generated versions.

That's all

I never had trouble with, but I read it somewhere: For IRay it also may be, that the option 'Thin walled' is available. If yes, check, if the value is the same as on the torso
thanks 1 user thanked NudeFan for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 9/14/2018(UTC)
NudeFan  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2018 2:16:47 AM(UTC)
NudeFan

I found an additional way how to use the merged files: But for that you need to be familiar with script files. It is also a good way to automate the entire steps.

Use for that the 'Surface selection'-tool. Select then the torso of the figure you have created the TF_*.*-Files and save the selected item with Files/Save as ... as Shader preset. Take care, that you do not save it as 'compressed'.

Open this file now with an editor like NotePad++ (it should be able to handle UNIX like files, the default windows NotePad is not the best option)

The most easiest way is, if you save your merged files in the same folder where the files for the torso are located, but replace the word 'Torso' with 'Genitalia':

If - for example - your TF-File is named tf_3duG3MTG2_Torso_DF_1002.jpg you should save the merged file as 3duG3MTG2_Genitalia_DF_1002.jpg. Move those files to the folder where the torso files are located. You will find the location in the Duf-File for the shader preset.

If you did this, replace in the Duf-File the word 'Torso' with 'Genitalia' and save it.
Then you can move this file to the location of the texture for your figure without genitalia (Select the figure in the content library, go to the material-preset, do a right click on a material file and select 'Browse to File location ...', if you want, you can create also a sub directory there).

Do a right click afterwards in the area for the material files, but you must not be on one icon, then you get the option 'Refresh'. Click on it and you will see the Duf-File.
Select then - still with the 'Surface selection'-tool - the genitalia and click on the Duf-File and the textures are loaded. Then you can render it and save the output as *.Png-File. Move this file also to the location where the Duf-File is. Give both the same name with different extensions. Refresh your material zone and it looks like the genitalia are original available.

This works only, if the 'Torso-Files' contain 'Torso' and you want to have the texture files in the same folder like the torso-files.
Especially for the male genitalia we have the problem, that we may have an uncut and circumcised version. In this case you either have to place the texture files in different folders or give them different names. See below how to deal with this:

If you want to place 'Your' files in a separate sub folder, you have to do some steps more with the Duf-file:
In the part "image_library" you will see some "url"'s which represent the location of the torso files. Use the replace function of the editor and replace all occurrences of a string like '/Toon%20Generations/Figure/3duG3MTG2_Torso' with a string like '/Toon%20Generations/Figure/Gen/3duG3MTG2_Torso'. Do not replace 'Torso' here! Depending on the shader setting this path might be used also outside of the part "image_library", so do not try to search them manually.

Then you have to replace all (up to 5) names of the torso textures with the name of your new genitalia textures, means: Diffuse to Diffuse,  Bump to Bump. If you named your files consequent (you named the merged files like the tf_-File without the leading 'tf_' and replaced the alias for torso with always the same alias for the genitalia, e.g. 'tf_3duG3MTG2_Torso_DF_1002.jpg' to '3duG3MTG2_GenCir_DF_1002.jpg' and 'tf_3duG3MTG2_Torso_SP_1002.jpg' to '3duG3MTG2_GenCir_SP_1002.jpg' it is sufficient to replace only '_Torso_' with '_GenCir_'.
Finally you have to search for a block "material_library" and replace below 'Torso' with 'Genitalia' and also in the part "scene" /  "materials" '#Torso' with '#Genitalia'.

That's it!

thanks 1 user thanked NudeFan for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 9/14/2018(UTC)
NudeFan  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2018 1:14:08 AM(UTC)
NudeFan

Update (I found out this later):

At the end of the Duf-File you will find a block "scene" with a sub block "animations".
Most likely you can do this between any object notations, I do it at the end where it succeed for sure.
If you insert there the block:
   {
      "url" : "name://@selection#CTRLUncircumcisedHD:?value/value",
      "keys" : [ [ 0, false ] ]
   }

(Don't forget the comma at the end of the line ahead!)
loading of this file on the genitalia will force that the penis is circumcised. If you want to have it uncut then you need to replace 'false' with 'true' .

Since this work made me a little curios I also dug a little for the meaning of a *.Duf-File. Duf is the abbreviation of DSON User File, and DSON means DAZ Scene Object Notation.
Those files are in the language JSON (=Java Script Object Notation), if you use NotePad++ and select JSON as language, NotePad++ will give you some useful tools to understand and read this content.

If you can not read a DUF-File saved in DAZ, search under 'Save as' for the option 'Compressed' and uncheck it. If you get an 'unreadable' DUF-File form somewhere else: Rename it into *.Duf.Zip (or any compression format where you have an un-compressor installed on your computer) and open it. If this does not work, you should install 7-Zip.

G3/G8:
Due to the fact, that I do not have (until now) any G8M figure without anatomical elements, I had to do my test / work only with G3M. But you can load them also on G8-figures. If it does not work with a click on the Material-Icon, you can try with Drag and Drop to apply the skin from a G3 figure to a G8 figure and vice versa. Also the switch between cut and uncut like described before works for both figures.

3feetwolf  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 1:17:00 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 254 time(s) in 140 post(s)

Hi NudeFan,

Thank you very much for sharing these methods, they are very useful :)

NudeFan  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2018 6:43:40 AM(UTC)
NudeFan

I just tried and succeeded:

I applied a G3F texture to a G8M, ran the script, merged a penis texture to it like described before and have as a result a texture file which fits perfect on a G3F with a penis merged with 'Gender Mix For G3F'.

So you can create for almost any G3F texture a matching penis