Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Erogenesis  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2018 9:31:11 AM(UTC)
Erogenesis

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 94 post(s)

This year and last year have all been about getting several major things crossed off my list. First PE and then it will be TaB. Thereafter I'm taking a step back from content creation. Its a wild and interesting world for sure, full of temptation, opportunity, but its too much for me. I just made a whole figure package, probably the most insane Poser figure ever made, almost entirely by myself. Its getting a little too crazy lol. I won't give up on supporting my products, in fact I'm going to do my best to let others step in and keep them alive for you.

Project Evolution

So as some of you can see, the official Project Evolution is nearly done. I'm sorry but that took priority above all else. I know that many of you use DAZ Studio and won't be interested, but like you might appreciate, I took example from DAZ, broke free of the conventions, and took initiative to help try break the curse of Poser figures. They can be awesome, you just need to dare make them that way. I did my best, and I hope it worked.

Poser

Yes PE took priority. I found it unacceptable that Poser was sinking and that my fellow vendors have been struggling. To me there's nothing wrong with Poser, but there's everything wrong with her situation. I am too invested in this application, and I still have fun with her on a daily basis, and it made no sense that I felt alone there. And that needed to change. I hope PE can spark some sense of initiative in others, especially companies, to take back a bit of control and just have fun again alongside our DAZ brothers and sisters.

TaB

But I have also learned not to make promises anymore. I've made far too many, and people have waited for too long. I will round off as much as I can this year. I'm sorry to have kept my TaB customers waiting. But I feel even worse for my comic customers. They've had absolutely nothing for too long.

But about TaB, something will happen here. More specifically: last time I posted here I mentioned a TaB geograft for M8. A prototype was made by a willing DAZ tech and it kind of works, but still much needs to be done. I cannot force this since those guys are also very busy with their own project. But it looks like I might have a willing contender to see it through. I have chosen to go with M8 only because otherwise its going to take even longer. TaB is a huge product. And I still have monster morphs to make available, I just haven't had the time to make the textures.

Moving on

But guys after that, I'm done. The reason I'm so erratic and unreliable with my content creations is because I never planned for all that, they were mostly impulsive decisions in response to calls for help. My main thing is comics, and I haven't been able to do any of that, its depressing me to no end. The content market is so tempting, so many people I can make happy, but just as many that can be disappointed. And I see lots of people making art with my stuff, which is great, but I never get to play anymore myself. I make my own content all the time and thought it would be easy to make some for commercial use... boy was I wrong lol. Making stuff for the store is a very different process, it needs to work straight out of the box, and I need to plan 20 steps ahead, and once its in the store it doesn't end there. I'm not cut out for this job at all.

That said, if I ever do get involved with content again, it will be together with another vendor. And that is very possible, but no more promises.

EDIT: I will never stop supporting my products, in fact I am going to try my best to get others involved so that they keep moving. TaB seems to be going that way, and it might guarantee a more reliable upkeep relevant to what is happening in the Poser/DS world!

Edited by user Saturday, July 21, 2018 12:03:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

______
"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all"
SnarltheWerewolf  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2018 10:01:20 AM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Was thanked: 122 time(s) in 77 post(s)

I actually made a big fix with Tab for G3M. I'm about to release the instructions on it later today.

Erogenesis  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2018 10:03:17 AM(UTC)
Erogenesis

Originally Posted by: SnarltheWerewolf Go to Quoted Post

I actually made a big fix with Tab for G3M. I'm about to release the instructions on it later today.

Dude that's brilliant! Thanks! Where can I find more information on that?

______
"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all"
SnarltheWerewolf  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2018 10:19:43 AM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

I'm just wrapping up instructions on it. Unfortunately, it involves using the G3M base mesh so I can't redistribute it, but the instructions are pretty easy and anyone can make it in 10 minutes. PM me Erogensis if you want to see them beforehand. I'm just having a beta tester try them out before I post them up.

But this, for instance, is Hercules 7 with Tab on it using Michael 7 textures. My fix is for handling different shapes than base and better flexibility.

thanks 1 user thanked SnarltheWerewolf for this useful post.
Erogenesis on 7/21/2018(UTC)
Erogenesis  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2018 10:33:33 AM(UTC)
Erogenesis

@snarl, that looks really fabulous. Would you mind if I show my DAZ people this? I'm not a DAZ tech but maybe there's more we can do with this. I'll PM you.
______
SnarltheWerewolf  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2018 11:40:56 AM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

And the instructions are up: Can be found here. http://www.renderotica.c...338&cmsg=0&cmsn=
Tigerste  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 2:22:24 AM(UTC)
Tigerste

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Erogenesis Go to Quoted Post

TaB

But I have also learned not to make promises anymore. I've made far too many, and people have waited for too long. I will round off as much as I can this year. I'm sorry to have kept my TaB customers waiting. But I feel even worse for my comic customers. They've had absolutely nothing for too long.

But about TaB, something will happen here. More specifically: last time I posted here I mentioned a TaB geograft for M8. A prototype was made by a willing DAZ tech and it kind of works, but still much needs to be done. I cannot force this since those guys are also very busy with their own project. But it looks like I might have a willing contender to see it through. I have chosen to go with M8 only because otherwise its going to take even longer. TaB is a huge product. And I still have monster morphs to make available, I just haven't had the time to make the textures.

Content creation is a stressful job for sure and not for everyone, so I wish you all the best in your endeavors, Ero!

Is there any update on geograft TaB for M8, given that it's been half a year since the last one? I'd be more than happy to get involved in the project to keep it going.

Many thanks :)

thanks 1 user thanked Tigerste for this useful post.
nptblu16 on 1/11/2019(UTC)