Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Daugue  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 9, 2018 11:04:13 PM(UTC)
Daugue

I keep getting a seam around my gen mats. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the textures generated being 2048x2048 when most of the maps im using have 4098x4098. Maybe i'm merging the layers incorrectly by flattening the image? I tried using the edited map on a geo shell while base character used a a nice torso copying UV from one of meipies products but that also didn't look good.Would appreciate any ideas, thanks.

3feetwolf  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 1:37:50 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Hi,
Please give me the product link of the character you are using. And please also send the maps you made to my email(1033085906@qq.com).
I will try to find out the problem.
Daugue  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 2:13:28 AM(UTC)
Daugue

https://www.daz3d.com/mo...-hd-for-genesis-8-female using this on gen8 male to make them more femanin. using https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-zander-hd-for-michael-8 gens for details. I am hoping its not that im using a female characters textures, thought they worked on either.will send maps i made too.
3feetwolf  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 7:59:41 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Yes, I am afraid this is the cause of the problem.
I have compared the UVs of G8F and G8M, and there are many differences between them.
The Texture Exchanger is based on G8M UV. If you use the Texture Exchanger to convert the G8F textures, it will read the color information from the wrong coordinates and get the wrong results.
However, this problem can be solved. If you can wait, I will make the data files corresponding to G8F for the Texture Exchanger when I have time. You can manually replace the original data files with them, so that you can convert the G8F textures.
Daugue  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 4:19:52 AM(UTC)
Daugue

Wow that would be great, I look forward to trying it out. Thanks!
DeepSpace3D  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 10:12:41 AM(UTC)
DeepSpace3D

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Any plans to add normal maps to the product. Only thing stopping a good product from being great!
Knarf  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 12:17:38 PM(UTC)
Knarf

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Look here! 3feetwolf, the Emperor of the women genitals is back in town! Nice to see you back here pal and I hope you're doing well :-)
 I had a lot of fun already with those art-genials you've made for Vicky7, Vicky8 and all the others... And now you've thrown yourself also on the men-genitals, I see ;-)
Well, as a fan of your art-products I'll buy them soon and try them within 2 weeks when I've a few holidays :-)

3feetwolf  
#8 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2018 8:55:14 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: DeepSpace3D Go to Quoted Post
Any plans to add normal maps to the product. Only thing stopping a good product from being great!

Hi, adding support for normal maps is very simple.

However, I think the normal map is different from the other textures.

Deformation of the normal map may destroy its effect? I am not very sure.

Now I still need to be busy with my real life, I temporarily can't find time to test this...

3feetwolf  
#9 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2018 8:59:02 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Knarf Go to Quoted Post

Look here! 3feetwolf, the Emperor of the women genitals is back in town! Nice to see you back here pal and I hope you're doing well :-)
 I had a lot of fun already with those art-genials you've made for Vicky7, Vicky8 and all the others... And now you've thrown yourself also on the men-genitals, I see ;-)
Well, as a fan of your art-products I'll buy them soon and try them within 2 weeks when I've a few holidays :-)

Thank you, I sincerely hope that this new product will help you make great art works :)

DeepSpace3D  
#10 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2018 1:36:21 AM(UTC)
DeepSpace3D

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 10 post(s)

Hi, adding support for normal maps is very simple.

However, I think the normal map is different from the other textures.

Deformation of the normal map may destroy its effect? I am not very sure.

Now I still need to be busy with my real life, I temporarily can't find time to test this...

I understand. I tried plugging a normal map into the diffuse channel and it worked but there was a noticeable seam. Maybe next time.
thanks 1 user thanked DeepSpace3D for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 7/17/2018(UTC)
manekineko  
#11 Posted : Saturday, July 14, 2018 2:33:17 PM(UTC)
manekineko

absolutely awesome product!
even the manual alone is so useful, way better PS (well, gimp) method to adapt gen maps than my fumbling up to now.
now a bit offtopic - didn't wanna make a new thread just for this: it would be amazing to have this for older generations too, like G3M and G2M.. do you intend to make it for them too?
3feetwolf  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 1:50:11 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: manekineko Go to Quoted Post
even the manual alone is so useful, way better PS (well, gimp) method to adapt gen maps than my fumbling up to now.
now a bit offtopic - didn't wanna make a new thread just for this: it would be amazing to have this for older generations too, like G3M and G2M.. do you intend to make it for them too?

Hi, thank you for your support and yes, I have plans to make the g3m version.

manekineko  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 5:21:39 AM(UTC)
manekineko

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: manekineko Go to Quoted Post

Hi, thank you for your support and yes, I have plans to make the g3m version.

YAY! looking forward to it ^^