2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
choppski  
#21 Posted : Thursday, May 31, 2018 4:53:38 PM(UTC)
choppski

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Meipe Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: choppski Go to Quoted Post

The balls on TAB are the best anywhere IMHO

I'm always open to suggestions! ;) Jus tell me what you would like.

Some wrinkle morphs, and ways to make them look like balls in skin--not sure how to explain, but Tab does that really well. Dicktator's are good, don't get me wrong.

Regardin the foreskin, the more I play with it, the more I like it. The options are there. The other issue I am having, though, and this happens mostly with m4 textures, is that the surfaces that are supposed to match the torso, often don't. Sometimes the torso is hairless but for some reason the texture matching the torso has hair or looks different or is a lighter color, and nothing changes it. But I can always use photoshop or add pubes. I am most impressed with the anus--you see the tightened puckered sphincter which is nice.

pinehilldog  
#22 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2019 9:13:28 AM(UTC)
pinehilldog

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Hi.  I just got the Dicktator base for g3m.  I love the geometry and morphs.  as a big fan of Foreskin, i'm thrilled to have it look so natural.  But i'm having trouble with textures. It may have been explained, above, but i'm missing something.  I have made a number of textures for g3m characters with complex coloring and specific displacements. the maps are consistent with the G3/G8 gens from Daz. and work on both those parts.  My understanding was that having a g3 UV set, meant that i could apply a g3 gens texture to the character, and while it may not fit perfectly, it should still look fairly consistent.  However, when i apply those textures, i get a single point color from the lower middle of the texture, coloring his entire unit.  Am i doing something wrong, or was my expectation incorrect that a g3 uv should take a g3 texture?

Thanks for the great work, on this beautiful Cock.

--Thomas

pinehilldog/ilikemagicalmen
sumigo  
#23 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2019 1:38:04 PM(UTC)
sumigo

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 121 post(s)

Originally Posted by: pinehilldog Go to Quoted Post

Hi.  I just got the Dicktator base for g3m.  I love the geometry and morphs.  as a big fan of Foreskin, i'm thrilled to have it look so natural.  But i'm having trouble with textures. It may have been explained, above, but i'm missing something.  I have made a number of textures for g3m characters with complex coloring and specific displacements. the maps are consistent with the G3/G8 gens from Daz. and work on both those parts.  My understanding was that having a g3 UV set, meant that i could apply a g3 gens texture to the character, and while it may not fit perfectly, it should still look fairly consistent.  However, when i apply those textures, i get a single point color from the lower middle of the texture, coloring his entire unit.  Am i doing something wrong, or was my expectation incorrect that a g3 uv should take a g3 texture?

Thanks for the great work, on this beautiful Cock.

--Thomas

It's my understanding of this product is that this isn't going to work, though Meipe himself might contradict me later. But the displacement and primary coloring is done with the Geo shell and not the actual texture, which is simply copied as a base on the actual gens by the script Meipe provides.

I recommend trying to see if you can duplicate your textures with this method and I am sorry that is probably a lot of work but it would be worth it once you do.

His texture wizard product has more options and variations plus standard character textures for the geo shell (Michael 7, Darius 7 etc) so you might also consider getting that too if you decide to continue to use Dictator.

I hope this helps.

pinehilldog  
#24 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2019 4:51:13 PM(UTC)
pinehilldog

Thanks for responding.  The problem is that my textures are hand drawn/composited and involve a fair amount of time investment. One of the most challenging was the "Forest King." aligning the bark lines and vines/veins :). Even with the geoshell, the g3 uvs don't take the materials from the g3 gens (even standard ones). (copy material/paste material).   I'm thinking i don't understand what a UV map really represents, in this case, and as a result, I am not sure why i would choose one UV set over another.  I hoped it was for compatibility.  The resources i've found online have not helped me understand this, so any links that explain how different UVs provide different outcomes, i'd love that. Otherwise, for those characters, i may have to go back to the basic GX gens, which are not nearly as glorious.

--Thomas

Meipe  
#25 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 3:03:34 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1225 time(s) in 611 post(s)

If I correctly understand your problem, you need an UV set compatible with DAZ G3M gens. Dicktator G3M uses two UV sets by default: one on the graft in order to use any character's torso texture  on the gen and allow the blending at the edge, and a custom one on the shell (v1 or v2, depending on DCK version), as DCK default shape is huge and DAZ gens UVs would stretch a little.

Using the Texture Wizard add-on, you can choose to use your DAZ G3/8M gens UVs or M4 gens UV sets on the shell instead.

thanks 1 user thanked Meipe for this useful post.
pinehilldog on 1/7/2019(UTC)
pinehilldog  
#26 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 9:16:59 AM(UTC)
pinehilldog

That's great. i got confused by the g3 uv, part, but now i understand it. I'll pick up the wizard, soon. It looks like it also reduces the need for the shell.  

Given the great quality of these Parts, i will consider manually recreating the complex texture ones for the Dicktator UVs. Thanks for the great work, and the assistance.

--Thomas

pinehilldog  
#27 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2019 1:37:51 PM(UTC)
pinehilldog

I looked at your UVs and i really like them better than the standard GX gens UVs.  It gives a lot more growing room for the shaft, without losing quality.  I decided to rebuild some of the textures i use for non human characters without gens materials with the Dicktator UVs, and i think they came out great. Thanks again for your work and for supporting the product so well.  Forest King for G3 by RawArt.

pinehilldog attached the following image(s):
Forest King Dicktator Materials.jpg
thanks 1 user thanked pinehilldog for this useful post.
Meipe on 1/19/2019(UTC)
Meipe  
#28 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 1:58:12 PM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1225 time(s) in 611 post(s)

Incredible render! :)

Yep, standard UVs are good for tiny or flacid bits. If you have a monster cock, textures get stretched.

BTW, for those wanting to use Blender to project DCK textures from one UV set to one other:

https://www.dropbox.com/...xturingTutorial.pdf?dl=0

Same stuff can be done with the Map Transfer utility.

For example it can be useful if you want to export the gen without a shell to another app: you first project the torso texture on the DCK UV set as in the tutorial, then in Photoshop you add a DCK texture as a layer, using the DCK transparency map as a layer mask.

Edited by user Sunday, January 20, 2019 3:26:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

pinehilldog  
#29 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 2:14:12 PM(UTC)
pinehilldog

I finally figured out the UV business. I used a layered image editing/drawing app for all the layers - (i use procreate on my phone) i used layers of the torso texture/spec/translucency/displacement maps, some symmetry to ease the joins, and some transparency blending to make sure the joins look smooth without being too symmetrical. I'm going to try it on the Barbaric model big and powerful, and Dylan from DTG studios -he's quite attractive, but the torso part needs to match his specific freckle and color density.. It's nice that the Forest King can have such big wood. Thanks again for this.
thanks 1 user thanked pinehilldog for this useful post.
Meipe on 1/23/2019(UTC)