Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cowrie  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 3:42:37 PM(UTC)
Cowrie

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Could someone give me some advice on how to handle texturing Futalicious gens for characters that have various fantasy nonhuman skintones?  I've seen a number of renders in the gallery or in promos for buyable artwork where genitals that look like either futalicious or dicktator have fantasy colors such as green or bright red, as well as some of the promos for the Dickgirl Wallbanger Poses pack that outright states that it uses Futalicious, but I can't reproduce the results.  Just using the colorizer on the geoshell lands me with incredibly plastic-looking skin and using the colorizer after one of the base materials tends to end up too dark.  The same is true of the times I've tried doing this with the Headlights nipples, and I know of a piece in the gallery the artist said used those that has blue-grey nipples.  So, how do I manage this sort of thing?  Are these things I've seen made using custom texture maps made in a graphic editor, or am I missing some trick that can be performed inside Daz Studio?

matt  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 8:21:34 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 24 post(s)

There WAS a product from Daz called Fantasy Skins for G3F, but it doesn't seem to be available anymore. It altered the shaders under the texture to achieve basically any skin color you wanted, and if you applied it to the figure before you applied the genital graft, it would transfer over. It works great, but like I said, it doesn't seem to be available anymore. You can still do it manually, by messing with the diffuse, translucency, and emission colors on the skin and than transferring that to the graft. 

Cowrie  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 8:33:45 PM(UTC)
Cowrie

Yes, but I'm talking stuff that appears to use the detailed genital textures, just in a different color, presumably with the geoshell. With Futalicious, you can still use the material copy utility included with it to transfer the skin color over to the geograft, but that doesn't make for a detailed genital texture.
matt  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 8:59:53 PM(UTC)
matt

Originally Posted by: Cowrie Go to Quoted Post
Yes, but I'm talking stuff that appears to use the detailed genital textures, just in a different color, presumably with the geoshell. With Futalicious, you can still use the material copy utility included with it to transfer the skin color over to the geograft, but that doesn't make for a detailed genital texture.

The genital texture is applied over the shaders. Here's the workflow:

Load G3 (or G8, or whatever)

Apply the skin you wish to use, in the case of the image I've provided it's just the default G3F texture. Other skins like V7 will have a different look.

Modify the shader colors to get the look you want. Do several test renders until you're happy. Use the custom color pallette to save the colors you use, and apply them to every skin surface; ears, head, torso, arms, legs, lips, etc. You'll be changing the base color, translucency color, transmitted color, and so on. Transmitted and translucency seem to have a stronger effect than base. Save the colors you use, and apply them to every skin surface. Play around with it until you have the inhuman look you want, and save it.

Load Futalicious and the geometry shell. If you're using G3 and you don't have Meipe's Shellmaster, go get it. It's free. If you're using G8 Futalicious comes with a shell. With the main figure selected, run the copy materials script. Then select the geometry shell and load the genital texture you wish to use. In the case of my image, it's the medium('yellow') texture. You'll see that the custom shaders you applied earlier are working with the texture to match the rest of the figure. 

Render.

matt attached the following image(s):
purple.png
Capture.JPG
Cowrie  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:26:02 PM(UTC)
Cowrie

Thank-you, that's very helpful!

However, will this technique still work properly if the skin being used on the character has a non-human skintone before you mess with those parts of the shader?  For example, using one the grey skin that comes with the Grey Alien available at Daz?

Edited by user Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:31:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

matt  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:39:26 PM(UTC)
matt

Originally Posted by: Cowrie Go to Quoted Post

Thank-you, that's very helpful!

However, will this technique still work properly if the skin being used on the character has a non-human skintone before you mess with those parts of the shader?  For example, using one the grey skin that comes with the Grey Alien available at Daz?

Short answer: No.

This is a technique that uses human skin and genital textures that work together already, and modifies the shaders beneath them. I'm sure if you were really good with Photoshop or GIMP, you could modify the genital texture to work with anything. I'm not good enough, LOL. You could certainly use the Alien morph and use a human texture with gray shaders underneath, but I've never tried that and can't say how it would turn out. But any texture that doesn't fall within the normal human skin range is going to be tough to match without modifying the genital texture in an image editing program. My experience does not extend that far, unfortunately.