Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dareshiranu  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 11:41:32 AM(UTC)
Dareshiranu

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

How difficult do you imagine it would be to adjust G8F figures to Dreadworks 5 props? I'm trying to use the latest figures exclusively now. Also, how well do they scale? I have some of your earlier stuff, but it isn't all as easy to use as I'd like, takes a fair amount of tweaking. I don't always use standard height females.

I scale women from abnormally tall (like basketball player tall) to fairly petite (five foot or so, and sometimes I'll throw in a midget). I like variety in my figures, rather than having them all look like they came out of a mold. 

Don't take what I'm saying as criticism, I find your products most inventive and have several. I just have found myself abandoning them after they don't adjust to altered scales. The mechs come to mind - those tentacles I could never articulate properly if they changed size (they always moved around).

davo  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 3:54:40 PM(UTC)
davo

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 11 post(s)

Multiple figures is the bane of every vendors existence I'm afraid.  I work in Poser exclusively and try to do G3F poses as best I can since it's the only Genesis figure I am able to import (rather poorly) into poser.  From there my DS conversion partner tweaks the G3F poses to fit as best as possible to what I did.  On top of that, if you, as you mentioned, tweak your figures sizes and shapes, then the poses won't fit anyway and will need adjustments.  I do try to accommodate most people by having my figures very articulated and morph adjustable so you can lengthen or shorten most parts, I don't know where DS puts those morph dials, if it's another drop down menu or some such, but they should be there.

Which mechs are you refering to (with the tentacle arms?)

Cheers,

Davo

freeone1  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 4:39:36 PM(UTC)
freeone1

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
When to switch to or to switch to G8F/V8 that is the question. I certainly can but so far to keep things coordinated with Davo I haven't. I am wondering how many people
still want support for V4 such as we offer. Maybe with the Legacy stuff we could move to V7/V8. Trying to match customized figures specifically for poses would be impossible
however, as Davo mentioned here there are lots of morphs to all of the Davo figures. In Daz Studio they can be found in the "Parameters" tab. Of course Daz Studio had to be different there are no dials more like sliders...lol. I say fit you say conform, you say magnet I say deform. Thank you for you post..we do like attention comments, suggestions
criticism gratefully accepted!
UserPostedImage
Alch6560  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 3:47:43 PM(UTC)
Alch6560

For G8F I use the G3F pose from Davo and than Bose Doctor Pose Control from Artist RiverSoft Art. This works fine for me. The only issue is that the cuffs for hands and foots are not working correctly.

Is it possible for you, Davo, to add the cuffs for hands and foots for G8F, because you used these cuffs for the most of your product?
davo  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 3:55:52 PM(UTC)
davo

I think I can get a G8F fitted set of smart cuffs pretty soon.

freeone1  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 3:59:45 PM(UTC)
freeone1

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Never fear Freeone is here...lol I can come up with something for us here...should be soon
UserPostedImage
davo  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 7, 2018 4:04:37 PM(UTC)
davo

That would be cool Freeone, THANK YOU!

Alch6560  
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 8, 2018 4:51:51 PM(UTC)
Alch6560

Thank you for your support
Hamer66  
#9 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 2:39:29 AM(UTC)
Hamer66

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
A cuff set for G8 would be great :) thank you!

The G3 poses are easy to correct for G8 (either manually or with the pose corrector from zev0)
Dareshiranu  
#10 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 10:21:18 AM(UTC)
Dareshiranu

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Originally Posted by: davo Go to Quoted Post

Multiple figures is the bane of every vendors existence I'm afraid.  I work in Poser exclusively and try to do G3F poses as best I can since it's the only Genesis figure I am able to import (rather poorly) into poser.  From there my DS conversion partner tweaks the G3F poses to fit as best as possible to what I did.  On top of that, if you, as you mentioned, tweak your figures sizes and shapes, then the poses won't fit anyway and will need adjustments.  I do try to accommodate most people by having my figures very articulated and morph adjustable so you can lengthen or shorten most parts, I don't know where DS puts those morph dials, if it's another drop down menu or some such, but they should be there.

Which mechs are you refering to (with the tentacle arms?)

Cheers,

Davo

The Imperial Probes. The articulated arms I suspect you'd call 'em.When you change the scale of the probe they disconnect from the body of the probe or do other odd things. I would guess they are somewhat independent of the central figure. I also ran into issues when trying to adjust them after scaling - or even before, they tend to rotate on an axis as I recall. It has been awhile since I gave up on them. As I indicated earlier, I rarely use G8 at the default scale, or proportion for that matter. It isn't that I have anything against that particular shape really.