Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lalverson  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2018 8:15:05 PM(UTC)
lalverson

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 37 post(s)

If I may, what is the weight of the figure with morphs and textures and all that? Rather what i mean is a V4WWG comes in at about 95MB,  Lalilite comes in at 130MB, where a V4.2 comes in at about 50MB.

Erogenesis  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 2:41:24 AM(UTC)
Erogenesis

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 81 post(s)

Originally Posted by: lalverson Go to Quoted Post

If I may, what is the weight of the figure with morphs and textures and all that? Rather what i mean is a V4WWG comes in at about 95MB,  Lalilite comes in at 130MB, where a V4.2 comes in at about 50MB.

you mean the file size or the weight on the RAM? 

File sizes are...

base crz: 4Mb, base pmd: 23Mb. Base OBJ: 11Mb

Uncompressed, no idea.

RAM load hard to tell. Textures weigh heavily anyway.

______
"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all"
drafter69  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 12:12:06 PM(UTC)
drafter69

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
very nice.... hopefully you'll consider a male version
shadoman  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 1:51:43 PM(UTC)
shadoman

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 73 post(s)

It is really awesom on what you have achieved.. and given the time frame I hope the poster who asked for a male version is good at holding their breath 

Personally I think I can wait for the whole package minus the slight imperfections and with several projects ahead of me I think the wait will be worth it,  but this base mesh is sheer perfection and as a Poser user I can say truthfully. thanks for your efforts and dedication to finally bring some life back to the Poser generation.  I hope that by the time you have a Final or updated version ready, we'll see some Vendor support for products and I will be ready to spend some money or Points if I have them

No doubt some DAZ user will cry foul,  but a lot of have been saying this since V5 and please lets not start some WAR of WORDS saying Poser users could have done this or that.  We get it OK?

Again, I think I speak for all the Die hard Poser users when I say Thank you

Shado

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
sumigo  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 3:17:15 PM(UTC)
sumigo

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 73 post(s)

Originally Posted by: shadoman Go to Quoted Post

No doubt some DAZ user will cry foul,  but a lot of have been saying this since V5 and please lets not start some WAR of WORDS saying Poser users could have done this or that.  We get it OK?

Then why bring it up at all?

Masterstroke  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 4:11:47 PM(UTC)
Masterstroke

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 35 post(s)

this is pretty much a male cow's feces ;-)

I'd call myself a DS user and I do not cry foul. Man, why not getting out that foolish "evil DAZ Empire" conspiracy theory out of your heads? Nobody wants to see Poser down, everybody wants to see Poser better.

Besides, to make it clear:

Evolution is amazing and for sure the best Poser figure ever.

SO:

All the best wishes and congrats. Ero did an outstanding job and has indeed drenched the max out of Poser. The rest is up to SM to get done. E.g.: "DON'T BREAK GEOMETRY !!!".

"Beam me up, this planet sucks"
drafter69  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 4:32:48 PM(UTC)
drafter69

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)

I can see this female character and a male character as the new Michael 4 and Victoria 4 that many have been waiting for.    Daz Studio has some really great new characters and it would be great it Poser had some too.     And yes, I am pretty good at holding my breath  

"It is really awesome on what you have achieved.. and given the time frame I hope the poster who asked for a male version is good at holding their breath "

thanks 1 user thanked drafter69 for this useful post.
Erogenesis on 1/10/2018(UTC)
shadoman  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 6:28:12 PM(UTC)
shadoman

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 73 post(s)

not my intent to incite.  just that I seem to recall an interest by DAZ people that Eros's project be made for both formats Like his TAB project.

But I seem to have been a distraction in all this and I will reframe from further postings

Shado

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
thanks 1 user thanked shadoman for this useful post.
Masterstroke on 1/5/2018(UTC)
Masterstroke  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 6:40:41 PM(UTC)
Masterstroke

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 35 post(s)

not my intent to incite.  just that I seem to recall an interest by DAZ people that Eros's project be made for both formats Like his TAB project.

But I seem to have been a distraction in all this and I will reframe from further postings

Shado

that would have been cool. Well given the amount of energy the product took, it is natural, that she is Poser only. An Iray shader set and a static obj-file should do it as well for static scenes.

"Beam me up, this planet sucks"
thanks 1 user thanked Masterstroke for this useful post.
supafly  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 6:51:33 PM(UTC)
supafly

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 10 post(s)

Ero, you're a godamn legend. Thanks for your efforts.

thanks 1 user thanked supafly for this useful post.
FoggyAsFuck  
#11 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 7:14:01 PM(UTC)
FoggyAsFuck

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 116 post(s)

I'm a DS user and I celebrate that the community has Finally got a worthy Poser figure!
Need not Hope it will sell like hot cakes - 'cause I know it will.
Way to go Erogenesis for giving the poserverse a valid and great alternative to the daz GF series.

I'm chuffed that she works in Poser 10 - Gimme a short recovery from JC's birthday and I'll be able to afford it!

Edited by user Friday, January 5, 2018 7:16:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked FoggyAsFuck for this useful post.
StrongFang  
#12 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 9:07:48 PM(UTC)
StrongFang

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Evolution is truly amazing. I just ran Aino Girl through the PP 11.1 Walk Designer and (1) it works with her, and (2) she moves beautifully. it takes a relatively long time for the Walk Designer to complete Evolution's walk cycle set-up. Worth waiting for. There are a few tweaks necessary to fix her walk. Also, she seems two or three times as sensitive to the blend styles settings as the Pauline2 figures, so go easy on her, folks. I'll post her first walk in the gallery tomorrow, hopefully. She's rendering now. Thanks again, Erogenesis!

Update:  Here's my first Walk Designer test video post.

http://www.renderotica.com/gallery/shorturl/432242/Evolution-Walk-Test?m=388485&#post388485

I put an unmodified Evolution's Aino Girl through the Walk Designer of PoserPro 11.1.  She took a comparatively long time to load into the Walk Designer, but she did load seamlessly, so be patient with her.  She is following the generic 2D Walk Path out of the Figure menu.  I decided to add a bit of "P11 sexy" into her movement.  Once loaded, the walk designer follow path calculations seem a bit slower to run to completion, but not much slower.  I quickly found Aino is very responsive to the Walk Designer settings.  This setting is a very modest 27 percent sexy.  Her head is following the "end of path" option.  I twiddled with Aino's head morph settings only slightly to animate her expression a bit.  I did this render twice, once with the "bright sunlight" out of the box setting, which I did not particularly like.  This is my second try, with a "soft warm" HDRI light set. I think she came out pretty well.  If you look closely, you will notice some slight leg collisions.  I presume fiddling around with the walk settings more would take care of this, but I didn't think it was sufficiently noticeable to worry about.  Enjoy!

Edited by user Saturday, January 6, 2018 11:54:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked StrongFang for this useful post.
Floor13  
#13 Posted : Saturday, January 6, 2018 7:05:30 AM(UTC)
Floor13

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Can we all agree to tag our renders with Evolution so we can keep track?
My CGBytes Store: Use Me
My Renderotique Store: Read Me
My NSFW Renderotica Gallery WARNING!: Obey Me
Facebook for previews: Facials
Twitter for X-Rated previews: Tweet This!
Tumblr: Tumble in the jungle NSFW
Floor13  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:12:59 AM(UTC)
Floor13

Is there any official feedback method for Project Evolution?
I'm sure Ero is being bombarded...

I just wanted to ask/mention the default height of the default character: 1.9 meters / 6'2" is a little above the average height of ladies :) Don't get me wrong, I love tall powerful ladies. It just seems an odd starting point.
Erogenesis  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:17:10 AM(UTC)
Erogenesis

Originally Posted by: Floor13 Go to Quoted Post
Is there any official feedback method for Project Evolution?
I'm sure Ero is being bombarded...

I just wanted to ask/mention the default height of the default character: 1.9 meters / 6'2" is a little above the average height of ladies :) Don't get me wrong, I love tall powerful ladies. It just seems an odd starting point.

getting a reply from me seems to be like a lottery thing lol. Yes I am being bombarded!

There was no real reason for her height other than to make converting V4 stuff a little easier.

The height is no big deal, there's a dial that sets the girl to the height you want (metric and imperial). My Erogirl character is the same height (1.90cm) but I never use the figure's full height. Lali is 1.63c, Laila 1.60cm, Julie 1.85, Maria 1.67, Xtina 1.70 etc... 

______
"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all"
Erogenesis  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:21:16 AM(UTC)
Erogenesis

Thank you everyone for the awesome comments and compliments! I'm so glad its working out for most of you.

@shado: (edit, misread yer post) thank you, take your time! Use whatever works.

Originally Posted by: drafter69 Go to Quoted Post
very nice.... hopefully you'll consider a male version

I need one myself, and I've already got the beginnings done, but I first need to recover from this stunt! lol

Edited by user Wednesday, January 10, 2018 10:52:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

______
Floor13  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 2:23:54 PM(UTC)
Floor13

Originally Posted by: Erogenesis Go to Quoted Post

There was no real reason for her height other than to make converting V4 stuff a little easier.

The height is no big deal, there's a dial that sets the girl to the height you want (metric and imperial).

Ah, I see! I've only played with her in isolation. I'm making a pose set for her and wondered how it might work when combing her with v4 (E + V4, V4 + E, E + E, too many combinations!)

Erogenesis  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 2:34:57 PM(UTC)
Erogenesis

Originally Posted by: Floor13 Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Erogenesis Go to Quoted Post

The height is no big deal, there's a dial that sets the girl to the height you want (metric and imperial).

Ah, I see! I've only played with her in isolation. I'm making a pose set for her and wondered how it might work when combing her with v4 (E + V4, V4 + E, E + E, too many combinations!)

ohh shit that's a good point. You know what I was thinking? Since hand contact with herself or another actor is usually the problem with poses when it comes to characters that vary in height and/or proportions, maybe it might be an idea to work with contact points. I've already developed a kind of script that loads a pre-posed hand placeholder, and then poses the hand of whatever figure to exactly that position. It works pretty decently for M4. I'll see if I can somehow expand this further so that vendors like you can create more elaborate poses for your sets without worrying about proportions etc.

______
StrongFang  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 3:38:01 PM(UTC)
StrongFang

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Has anyone figured out how to make the Evolution girls breathe? I was looking for something similar to the V4 "inhale" morph.
Erogenesis  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, January 10, 2018 3:45:02 PM(UTC)
Erogenesis

Originally Posted by: StrongFang Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone figured out how to make the Evolution girls breathe? I was looking for something similar to the V4 "inhale" morph.

probably not because its not there lol. Added to the list!

______