2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Erogenesis  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 1:33:59 PM(UTC)
Erogenesis

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 75 post(s)

Hey homies!

Where have I been? Making a crazy Poser figure for ya'll! I hope I can release it this Xmas!

The initial Early Edition release won't have very detailed erotica morphs, but those will come later. I needed to concentrate on the base and support first. 

Sorry for being quiet all this time in the process, but this had to be done. I didn't want to bother you guys until I had something to show for. Endless promises get boring after a while.

Check out the promo video and the demo reel (never mind the dark eyes due to the transparency). I hope this will open doors for Poser again. 

There is so much to talk about. More later!

Edited by user Thursday, December 21, 2017 1:47:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Erogenesis attached the following image(s):
basic test tri.jpg
char demo 2d.jpg
clothing Test Render 4.jpg
pe_pr3.jpg
pe_pr2.jpg
Nordic girl 2.jpg
sexy emma.jpg
preggers.jpg
project_e_naughty.jpg
PE toon4.jpg
______
"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all"
thanks 2 users thanked Erogenesis for this useful post.
matt on 12/21/2017(UTC), Teronsuke on 12/22/2017(UTC)
captaintrips  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 2:33:23 PM(UTC)
captaintrips

Looking forward to it.

captaintrips

Zaavaleta  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 6:56:55 PM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Wow! This looks awesome. This could actually tempt me to come back to Poser. I wish SmithMicro would realize that; the program itself works well enough, customers want content.

My Specs: i5-6600 3.3Ghz, 16Gb ram, GTX 1080ti, GTX 770 4Gb
My Gallery
Resist.
thanks 1 user thanked Zaavaleta for this useful post.
dieterderblau on 12/25/2017(UTC)
mjw  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 7:19:00 AM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 63 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Program may work but I cannot fathom how to do most things, which is a shame, because many seem to work better than in DS.
Zaavaleta  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 8:29:31 PM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

I see people making some impressive stuff with Poser, so it definitely works. I started with P5 and ended with PPro2012 before I switched. Daz Studio is more organized and easier for me to use, but the main thing is the store. Daz store blows Content Paradise away hands down. Project Evolution is the first thing I've seen for Poser that can compete with the Genesis line. SmithMicro really needs to get their shit together.

My Gallery
Resist.
mjw  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 6:25:58 AM(UTC)
mjw

"I see people making some impressive stuff with Poser, so it definitely works."
Of that I am in no doubt, but I simply do not seem to be able to work out how to do things. I have just tried to remove the Andy figure from the base scene and could not see how to do it! I am that bad at Poser, but find DS mostly straightforward or at least intelligible. Mind, I spent a long time unsuccessfully looking for an item yesterday; even though I found it in Explorer I could not find it in Content Library or Smart Content - something bought here.
Zaavaleta  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 7:31:06 AM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

My last ditch effort for finding installed stuff is to check the readme file and find out what the actual name of one of the parts is. Then I go into Daz and use the search function. That usually works. Then once you find it, right-click and select 'Show In > Mapped Folder"

If search doesn't find it, it may have installed to a completely wrong folder.

My Gallery
Resist.
mjw  
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 24, 2017 7:34:19 AM(UTC)
mjw

May be I need to do more of the Show in mapped folder stuff.
Sutut  
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 24, 2017 3:40:55 PM(UTC)
Sutut

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Poser is still my fav, though I am a bit concerned and downer over recent developments. I recently upgraded but haven't installed yet.

I think the biggest thing poser could do is:

1 - development curve -

The biggest claim I get from artists who've gone to DAZ is that they spend far less time developing for Daz then poser.

Am I your enemy because I speak the truth?

The thing to recognize about Poser is that like Flash it's amazingly popular MIS-used software.

Believe it or not it's a product of the "Comics Boom" of the 90s. A "Virtual Reality artist's dummy" for the countless "I wanna be the next Rob Liefeld" kids... That's what got me into Poser, and what I still use it for a lot, btw.

But it was only a coincidence that you could make and add new props and figures. The market it spawned was a complete accident.

Simply put it was far more appealing then for people who wanted to make 3d graphics quickly but didn't want to spend $4000 for software alone (Maya) and take a 6 month class to do what you can intuitively do in Poser as far as moving figures, rendering, lights...

So, instead of fading out Poser got bought and the secondary markets kept it afloat and when it bankrupted, like 2x or more, someone ran to buy it.

Daz was simply the free comeptition and it was buggy and painful. Poser artists didn't make things friendly for Daz not in any kind of competition but they didn't want to be flooded with "Tech support" for an inferior product.

So - the biggest savior of Poser should be to bridge the creation curve. I'm sure from the perspective of a person who took 3d college classes it's not that bad, but it can be a real pain if you aren't in that specialized knowledge set. There's no reason with modern computers why they couldn't improve the rigging room so even someone choppign out a "Look mommy I maded my fiwst blob that survived Zbrush!" and turn it into a working figure, later adding morphs without doing directory driving, painting onto it, even using a 2d image like a sticker...

2 - Cross Clothing..

This is where Daz had an edge that it used to get ahead.

Imagine a dumb fantasy where a big troll comes by and sees some panties. He's a secret perv so he puts them on and g-d knows what kind of material they are made from they stretch to fit him. Then a petite elven woman comes along and either uses magic or just shrieks so loud the Troll is embarassed and takes them off and runs. She then goes "Grody grody grody..." but washes them and wears them and they fit her tiny petite body perfect...

Well you can do that to a large point in Daz.

Poser needs to bridge that gap. Comuters are 3x as powerful and memory about 10x since along with 1TB being the norm. Make that program.

3. Back compat - I've heard issues with earlier SSS. Also I used to use a wet/bloody shader that didn't work when we got to 2014 and the artist was absent so it was removed from 'Rosity. No reason for that. Even if there's a new "Ultra" whatever, should be easy to "Apply legacy" to earlier.

4. Content library - that does need work. The simplest would be to expand the favorites library. I just need to add categories, morphs in trees - as it is I can only dump favorite items/morphs but "SSS Skin" - that's several different V4 characters with no connection to library for morphs, makeup, etc. Another thing Daz seems to have used as an easy way to get an edge. And easy for them to fix.

5. Machinima. This would be a bonus but what they should have done along with /instead of that GameDev thing... Make it so you can make characters walk around enviornments as a quicky sub minecraft but better graphics sandbox game. And allow scripting, behaviors, etc.

Imagine just for fun walking around a castle, dungeon, cave, forest you slapped together? And then have that path recorded so you could render it into an animation?

And then for say an animation, have the Marquis walking through his dungeon and the buxom semi-undressed ladies tied to the wall struggle against their chains or huddle in their cages? If we had the framework it'd be easy to script. Or for a current project have naked buxom ladies walk, run and crawl in a semi-organic hive with bug and worm creatures chasing...
Zaavaleta  
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 24, 2017 7:35:10 PM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Those are all good points. I don't know much about 3d design, but I know the basics of running a company and the Poser people don't seem to have a very good business model.

I started with Poser when they gave away Poser 5 back in 2006. Since then I've bought PPro 2012 for $88 and Manga Studio for $40. That's all the money I've ever given to SmithMicro.

Since I started using Daz in 2014, I've probably spent about $400+ in their store (and I'm not a power user at all). Plus a few bucks at Renderotica and Renderosity.

Like I said, I'm no expert at 3d design, I just want Poser to be an all around better program, but it's not going to happen without money. And the money is in selling content. Sadly, it may be too late for them to fix it. By the time Kodak decided to start offering digital cameras and film, they'd lost the market. Same with 3dfx, by the time they decided to provide full OpenGL and D3d support, Nvidia had eaten their lunch. Looking at the Content Paradise store, I don't know what it would take to get quality 3d artists to sign up (aside from taking their pets hostage or something.)

Renderosity is the next biggest content seller (as far as I know). Maybe they'll buy Poser and actually start developing it.

I don't criticize Poser because I hate it. I like Poser but I point out their flaws because I want them to improve. These are rookie mistakes. Poser has a lot of things that need fixing, but the first and probably most important is their store. You can't do anything without money.

I'll stop here. I could rant about this all day. Cheers.

Update: I finally got up the nerve to look at my total spend on Daz Deals order history. It was a little more than I estimated: $2,147.58
F*ck my life.

Edited by user Sunday, December 24, 2017 7:58:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: updated post

My Gallery
Resist.
Erogenesis  
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 24, 2017 11:10:32 PM(UTC)
Erogenesis

Hehe I don't criticize Poser because I hate it either, I criticize it because it can do so much more. Project Evolution is a testament to that. Honestly I don't even know if Project Evolution is going to be even remotely effective, with Smith MIcro being so inept at responding to trends. But Poser, for now, still works better for me as a tool to make comics with. I've made several figures inside of Poser, with ease, its definitely not that Poser cannot do it, but DAZ has just taken the formula that Poser came up with and perfected it. Plug-n-play content. DAZ crafted it to perfection. SM are about software I doubt they'll ever get this. Even in the technical department I'm worried about Poser, but still, I can do this, and its really not that hard. PE is pretty easy to use, its not easy to rig for that's for sure, but do you want to sit back and let one company determine what your girl looks like? Err... no? SM /Poser need to be drilled / PESTERED into understanding how things work for you. Do not let up!
______
"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all"
birdlikefellow  
#12 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2017 6:34:07 AM(UTC)
birdlikefellow

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

No one makes figures like DAZ, it's the sad truth, so much so that V4 and M4 remain popular among Poser users, and they're four generations old. If you come up with a half decent male and female pair maybe the Poser content world will be revitalized.

Masterstroke  
#13 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2017 6:44:01 AM(UTC)
Masterstroke

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 34 post(s)

G3 and G8 are very good versatile and high quality figures, but DAZStudio only. There is no reason, why something like those wouldn't be possible in Poser. That's what's use to enrage me about Poser. IT is possible and they just don't do it. PE is the proof. It is possible. It does take a lot of time and work, but if one single man can do it, it should be doable for a company. From what I've seen, PE has a lot of features, G3 and 8 have. So I guess DAZ Genesis users will feel quite at home with ProjectEvolution.

"Beam me up, this planet sucks"
thanks 1 user thanked Masterstroke for this useful post.
Erogenesis on 12/25/2017(UTC)
mjw  
#14 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2017 7:28:41 AM(UTC)
mjw

Zaavaleta said: "Update: I finally got up the nerve to look at my total spend on Daz Deals order history. It was a little more than I estimated: $2,147.58"
Are you sure that is actually what you paid, or is it the non-discounted pricing? I need to back off - I have single-handedly kept Daz in business this year.
Zaavaleta  
#15 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2017 8:35:19 AM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Originally Posted by: mjw Go to Quoted Post
Zaavaleta said: "Update: I finally got up the nerve to look at my total spend on Daz Deals order history. It was a little more than I estimated: $2,147.58"
Are you sure that is actually what you paid, or is it the non-discounted pricing? I need to back off - I have single-handedly kept Daz in business this year.

I thought it might be a mistake at first, so I copied every page and pasted the figures into an OpenOffice spreadsheet. It's correct. It just goes to show how effective their business model is. You don't realize you're being bled dry. The non-discounted price is like 30k, so I don't feel so bad. Looking at the list, about half my purchases were freebies. I'd been planning to let my PC+ membership expire. I guess this is the motivation I needed. Hell, I could be running 1080's with that kind of money.

My Gallery
Resist.
terrancew_hod  
#16 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2017 9:21:50 AM(UTC)
terrancew_hod

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 19 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Masterstroke Go to Quoted Post

From what I've seen, PE has a lot of features, G3 and 8 have. So I guess DAZ Genesis users will feel quite at home with ProjectEvolution.

This would be a incorrect statement. There will be things PE will **emulate** but at best there will be a weightmapped figure, with chips for the face, and things to help convert clothing over. That's not what Genesis is. The issues in what vendors have been asking to help with can never be resolved with by just popping in yet another girl. That is something the SM needs to do, so let's not make this comparison. Genesis is not just a weightmapped girl. This figure will never provide what the base software cannot support.

That said, this is a MUCH better looking girl than what's been offered in the last 7 years, so I'm sure it will have its use in the Poser community. 

thanks 1 user thanked terrancew_hod for this useful post.
shadoman  
#17 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2017 11:54:26 AM(UTC)
shadoman

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 63 post(s)

I am also looking forward to this new Item especially since it will work within the Poser enviroment.

with that said...  what about support clothing and gear.. or is she V4 items compatable?

Regards  Shadoman

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
thanks 1 user thanked shadoman for this useful post.
Erogenesis  
#18 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2017 12:59:21 PM(UTC)
Erogenesis

Most of the ideas in this figure came from seeing figures in C4D, Houdini, and Max with facial rigs, Darkseal's experimenting, as well as ideas I developed in V4 while making comics. I'm not sure where Genesis is at, I know they have a facial rig. I remember seeing it when G3 came out, that was definitely a good idea. But yeah PE is not like Genesis, she cannot morph into Anubis or anything like that haha. She's comparable to a very pimped up V4 with handles, nice bends, extras... and is native to Poser.

Yep content will be a challenge, but there's a way to convert V4 stuff if you want to. Its pretty effective, depending on the complexity of the garment of course. But don't expect everything to work perfectly straight away. This is just the start! The technical side is pretty ok now, but there's plenty of things that can be refined.

Edited by user Monday, December 25, 2017 1:12:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

______
thanks 1 user thanked Erogenesis for this useful post.
dieterderblau on 12/25/2017(UTC)
dieterderblau  
#19 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2017 1:40:32 PM(UTC)
dieterderblau

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 11 post(s)
She looks amazing... Looking forward to her...

PROST!
Dieter der Blaue
Premier Artist, Renderotica
thanks 1 user thanked dieterderblau for this useful post.
Erogenesis  
#20 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2017 2:03:00 PM(UTC)
Erogenesis

merry xmas all!

Erogenesis attached the following image(s):
merryxmas2017.jpg
______