Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
juststan  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 7:38:14 AM(UTC)
juststan

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Hey,

I'm trying to export the morphs to Unity, but it doesn't work when I export FBX, I just don't see the Gens, but if I switch to Collada export I can export them, but I only use FBX.

Can you help me out?

Meipe  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 11:29:53 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1225 time(s) in 611 post(s)
juststan  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2017 1:25:52 PM(UTC)
juststan

Okay, please let me know, I spent all day looking online for solutions and I found
A) Badly explained workaround for 3ds max (I have never used that program) and couldn't really set it up properly

B) Blender solution, where I lost the character's UVs and the rig was messed up, because of the bad blender export.

I'd like to buy the UVs pack and the other items, but for now the gens are useless for me if I cannot use the morphs with a normal FBX export.

Meipe  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 5:12:47 AM(UTC)
Meipe

RobinsonUK  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 5:23:52 AM(UTC)
RobinsonUK

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 22 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Meipe Go to Quoted Post
Did you experience the problem only with GP? It looks like fbx export do not 'see' morphs when exporting parented grafts... only if they are unparented. Maybe it's a topic to post in DAZ forums...

My experience with grafts was the same.  I think Daz 3D FBX export is "broken", or rather the interpretation of FBX format is not shared amongst packages.  I've tried many too (3DS Max, Maya, iClone, etc.).  Apart from my previous thread (the incorrect weighting of the glans on export), I found that merging fitted geometry and then deleting the graft, so the graft is part of the mesh so to speak, worked.  But of course you are then baking in things like morphs and pose (even if you "map unused bones" in 3DXchange, it's still not possible to reasonably apply transforms to the shaft nodes).  I don't think fixes/workarounds will be incoming either as the Daz team aren't focused on animation and engines.  Basically if you want it to work you have to put in a lot of effort to re-rig the graft.  Beyond my skillset and mny others I'm sure.

Edited by user Friday, December 15, 2017 5:39:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked RobinsonUK for this useful post.
Meipe on 12/15/2017(UTC)
juststan  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 7:11:23 AM(UTC)
juststan

I also found out that merging them works before export and you can select the morphs.

I don't really understand what the "Shell" Prop does, I can include it with the export, but once I import the whole thing in Unity the "Shell" doesn't animate as I change the weight of the morph, the Shell textures look bad and it's better if I disable it. When it's disabled I get genitals colors similar to the one of the G3F anatomy. The only problem that I have is with Sunny 7, When I apply everything the genitals are not fully colored, it looks like this

I'm wondering if I get the UVs pack, will that fix this issue and is it safe to say that I can delete the "Shell" before the export?

EDIT: You can replicate the issue where the shell is not following the genitals morphs by merging the genitals into the main figure then export the FBX, in daz make a new scene and then import the FBX witht the shell and genitals, the morphs will be on the main body, but won't affect the shell state.

Edited by user Friday, December 15, 2017 7:36:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RobinsonUK  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 7:56:56 AM(UTC)
RobinsonUK

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 22 post(s)
The shell is a useful way of applying materials without having to mess with the base mesh material at all. The maps used on the shell should work on the geograft itself however, though I'm not sure about GP and how that works. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway I don't use the shells at all. The FBX export/import doesn't parent them properly in any case. What I do (not for female gens but Futalicious) is remove the shell and use one of the base materials. Then merge the geometry. Once merged delete the geograft and export in t-pose.

I still don't have a reliable, robust pipeline for dealing with Daz content which is why I've put my project on hold for now. The closest I got was animating a character in Daz, exporting it (as above) with animation, passing it through iClone's 3DXchange in T-pose after characterising as non-standard and mapping extended bones. Then in Unity I imported her and fixed up the maps. Seeing her moving around in 3D with my Rift was amazing, but that's as far as I got.
juststan  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 10:17:22 AM(UTC)
juststan

This is what I'm doing as well, the only problem is with Sunny 7 anus textures, they don't appear properly judging by the pic I posted above. I'm wondering if I buy the UV package, are they meant to work with the shell or with the basic genitals?

Meipe  
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 5:37:16 AM(UTC)
Meipe

juststan  
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 16, 2017 4:05:15 PM(UTC)
juststan

Yes, For Sunny, you need the UVs included in the expansion pack. They will apply to the torso texture copied to the graft, the shell have independent UVs with the genitalia details blending with the skin underneath.

So if I buy the UVs, I can use them without the shell right?

Meipe  
#11 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 3:11:48 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Originally Posted by: juststan Go to Quoted Post

Yes, For Sunny, you need the UVs included in the expansion pack. They will apply to the torso texture copied to the graft, the shell have independent UVs with the genitalia details blending with the skin underneath.

So if I buy the UVs, I can use them without the shell right?

Yes, Sunny's UVs are not applied on the shell, but on the graft. Only, it is the main figure torso texture that is copied on the graft, so it won't look pink between the labia without the shell.

fvzeppelin  
#12 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 4:51:41 PM(UTC)
fvzeppelin

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Has anybody meanwhile found a solution to exporting the genitals to fbx WITHOUT merging? Would help in order to use it in CC3...
FredSavage  
#13 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2019 4:03:13 PM(UTC)
FredSavage

I've been getting reasonable results with both Futalicious and Golden Palace by using the merge geometry "hack" in Daz, then bringing into iClone via 3dxchange (many of the morphs can be brought in manually using iClone's Morph Creator). However, I haven't had much luck with the Roasty add-on. If I try to merge geometry after applying both Futalicious & Roasty, Roasty disappears (and Futalicious's scrotum reappears). I tried merging Futalicious & Roasty *first*, then merging everything, but then the geometry of Futalicious is no longer seamlessly attached to the figure in iClone. Any ideas?