2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shadoman  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2017 6:31:46 PM(UTC)
shadoman

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 62 post(s)

Just got an email from Smith Micros saying that a upgrade for Paul and Pauline is in the works

Paul and Pauline Never Looked So Good

Poser is not dead. It’s not even on life support. Stay tuned for some exciting news.

It find it hard believe that the second coming of these two will be something awesome.. It just better be a freebie

Regards  Shadoman

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
Floor13  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2017 6:54:15 PM(UTC)
Floor13

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Originally Posted by: shadoman Go to Quoted Post

. It just better be a freebie

Regards Shadoman

I was kind of expecting them to be bundling Project E to be honest.

I barely played with Pauline, so I shouldn't really judge, but nothing I did with her inspired me to carry on.
My CGBytes Store: Use Me
My Renderotique Store: Read Me
My NSFW Renderotica Gallery WARNING!: Obey Me
Facebook for previews: Facials
Twitter for X-Rated previews: Tweet This!
Tumblr: Tumble in the jungle NSFW
contedesfees  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2017 8:28:32 PM(UTC)
contedesfees

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 36 post(s)

Overlooking Paul and Pauline, the pre-set characters in Poser deserve a better hearing. Alyson, James, and Jessi aren't really so awful; neither are Miki or Tyler. Granted, they can't quite compete with V4-M4 and G3F/M leaves them in the dust; but they work as background figures in busy scenes and, given a little TLC, can hold their own as principals. But the vendors didn't support them and subsequently the 3D community treated them like step-children,  unwanted, unworthy, unloved. I suspect that's the real reason we turn our noses up at them. They've got practically nothing to wear.

Still, it's noteworthy that Smith Micro marketing declares that Poser isn't dead and announces new versions of characters the 3D world ignored. Smart move!

The whine you hear is the ambulance rushing the patient to the emergency ward!

Floor13  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 9, 2017 2:26:21 AM(UTC)
Floor13

Just let me change that default grey/brown Poser interface color... They managed to invent a color so boring that it defies description.

Let me resize all windows... I can resize the parent object window but not the parent figure window... Because...

Open windows like Heirarchy and Parent with everything closed... I have to scroll up and down closing every node manually before I can even start... EVERY TIME!
contedesfees  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 9, 2017 10:13:38 AM(UTC)
contedesfees

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 36 post(s)

Poser does not record or display the name of the light set you use.
The light you select is not highlighted in the Lighting Controls palette.

Making dynamic clothing produces gigantic garments. You have to scale them down.

Still, nothing's perfect. Poser works well enough for my amateur ends.

Edited by user Saturday, December 9, 2017 6:47:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: grammar

drafter69  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 9, 2017 2:36:07 PM(UTC)
drafter69

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
If Paul and Pauline are so good then why don't I see people using them? They have skin color that a dermatologist would panic over, they do not look real (as do Michael 8 and Victoria 8) and the only good thing about them is that they are free and even at that price no one seems to like them enough to use them....
mjw  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 9, 2017 4:25:20 PM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Have 'em, but don't use 'em. Something about them not quite realistic to me.
shadoman  
#8 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 3:15:49 PM(UTC)
shadoman

OK what new..  They had a pick of the new Paul and Pauline upgrades..  Not impressed as the Pauline upgrade looked like Mikki 2

NEW! Poser 11.1 and Poser Pro 11.1 Features – COMING SOON!

We’re working hard on the next major release of Poser! In the meantime, we’re excited to present Poser 11.1 and Poser Pro 11.1, coming later this month.

If you’re already a Poser 11 user – CONGRATULATIONS! You’re ready to get these great updates once they’re made available.

If you’re on an earlier version of Poser or Poser Pro, then now’s the time to upgrade to Version 11 so you can be ready to get these great updates once they’re ready! For a limited time, upgrade to Poser 11 for $49.95!

Upgrade to Poser Pro 11 for $49.95   Upgrade to Poser 11 for $49.95

In addition to the many improvements made, here’s some brand new features making their way into Poser 11.1:

NEW! 3D Animation Path

Now you can create and manipulate a 3D path on the project scene and have an object travel that path while animating it at the same time.

NEW! Keyframe Identification and Categorization on the Animation Palette

Group keyframes by categories and/or themes and easily identify the existing keyframes within each group. Additionally, the Animation Palette now shows the number of keyframes that a group contains at any given frame and also allows for management and assigning of categories to keyframes

NEW! Paul v2 and Pauline v2

New versions of the Poser 11 figures Paul and Pauline that include a number of enhancements and improvements as well as new photo realistic textures and variations

The Shado Knows
captaintrips  
#9 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 3:58:55 PM(UTC)
captaintrips

OK what new..  They had a pick of the new Paul and Pauline upgrades..  Not impressed as the Pauline upgrade looked like Mikki 2

NEW! Poser 11.1 and Poser Pro 11.1 Features – COMING SOON!

We’re working hard on the next major release of Poser! In the meantime, we’re excited to present Poser 11.1 and Poser Pro 11.1, coming later this month.

If you’re already a Poser 11 user – CONGRATULATIONS! You’re ready to get these great updates once they’re made available.

If you’re on an earlier version of Poser or Poser Pro, then now’s the time to upgrade to Version 11 so you can be ready to get these great updates once they’re ready! For a limited time, upgrade to Poser 11 for $49.95!

Upgrade to Poser Pro 11 for $49.95   Upgrade to Poser 11 for $49.95

In addition to the many improvements made, here’s some brand new features making their way into Poser 11.1:

NEW! 3D Animation Path

Now you can create and manipulate a 3D path on the project scene and have an object travel that path while animating it at the same time.

NEW! Keyframe Identification and Categorization on the Animation Palette

Group keyframes by categories and/or themes and easily identify the existing keyframes within each group. Additionally, the Animation Palette now shows the number of keyframes that a group contains at any given frame and also allows for management and assigning of categories to keyframes

NEW! Paul v2 and Pauline v2

New versions of the Poser 11 figures Paul and Pauline that include a number of enhancements and improvements as well as new photo realistic textures and variations

Are there any compelling reasons to upgrade to Poser Pro 11 from Poser Pro 2014?

Floor13  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 9:40:03 PM(UTC)
Floor13

I am rendering an animation right now... I have no idea what that keyframe grouping thing is. I already have enough issues with layers polluting each other, this sounds like more to confuse my aging mind.

Thanks Shado for the update.
shadoman  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 12:16:25 PM(UTC)
shadoman

Capt.

I have always upgraded but for me P-11 pro was a bit of a dissapointment.

I did not like the library arrangement on the render board and the super fly render engine would not process the V4 M4 textures that had SSS shaders . 

Now new textures posted after the release offer SSS shaders for both render engines  However I don't have the time to tag the older textures that newer textures so I know when to use them or not.

However since they updates will be free I will take them,  but it will take a huge difference in the makeup of Paul and Pauline for me to make Pro 11 my primary Poser program

Regards  Shado

The Shado Knows
captaintrips  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 12:29:57 PM(UTC)
captaintrips

Capt.

I did not like the library arrangement on the render board and the super fly render engine would not process the V4 M4 textures that had SSS shaders . 

Now new textures posted after the release offer SSS shaders for both render engines  However I don't have the time to tag the older textures that newer textures so I know when to use them or not.

However since they updates will be free I will take them,  but it will take a huge difference in the makeup of Paul and Pauline for me to make Pro 11 my primary Poser program

Regards  Shado

Shado,

thanks for the info. I think I will still spring for the 50 buck upgrade. Poser 11 was the only one I never did upgrade to, but for that price, I'll pick it up. 

captaintrips

Masterstroke  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 1:28:10 PM(UTC)
Masterstroke

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 33 post(s)

Capt.

Regards  Shado

same here, but since it is for me a free upgrade, there is nothing to loose. Poser can only get better. I am actually curious.

I get constantley ignored. That's why I can behave like a pig and nobody gives a shit.
Mallard  
#14 Posted : Friday, December 15, 2017 5:22:02 PM(UTC)
Mallard

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

This just in:

Version 11.1 Available December 18th!

We’re happy to announce an early Christmas gift to you, our loyal customers. Poser 11.1 (available for both Poser and Poser Pro users) will be made available for digital download on December 18th!
Unquote

"Sir, I think we are surrounded!"
"Perfect, now we can attack in every direction!"
Masterstroke  
#15 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2017 3:41:22 PM(UTC)
Masterstroke

My opinion on Pauline and Paul V2:

(O.k. the Face characters look good, but as long you don't touch any expression dials.)

Sure Poser isn't dead yet. It still can be used as a "create-a-scene-with-ProjectE-and bring-it-to-DAZStudio" Plug In.

Edited by user Monday, December 18, 2017 3:43:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I get constantley ignored. That's why I can behave like a pig and nobody gives a shit.
captaintrips  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 11:53:42 AM(UTC)
captaintrips

I did the upgrade to 11.1 but the new figures did not load, even thought the installations says successful. I've seen other messages on Renderosity about failures as well.

shadoman  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 12:14:41 PM(UTC)
shadoman

I did the upgrade

Is it just me or was this sort of overkill.. The Pauline Character is still useless,Yeah we got some face morphs and some minor variations in the material room,  but this was really a big letdown..

I might eventually start working with P-11 pro in the near future,  but future version of Poser may no longer be considered for purchage or upgrade.  Just not impressed

Captain you should be able to reload it and try to install it again..

shado

The Shado Knows
Masterstroke  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 12:30:24 PM(UTC)
Masterstroke

this upgrade could have been an important upgrade. Sending a message saying:" we know, things gone wrong, but now we take care and address some of the most important issues." Ahm No. That failed. Paul and Pauline have been a slap in the face and P&PV2 have been a second slap. SmithMicro did not learn a single thing from their past. I just don't know. Is it blindness or disrespectfulness? Fact is, that the future of Poser is in the hand of one single vendor and his helping beta-testers.

ratbat  
#19 Posted : Friday, December 29, 2017 6:39:47 PM(UTC)
ratbat

Originally Posted by: contedesfees Go to Quoted Post

Poser does not record or display the name of the light set you use.
The light you select is not highlighted in the Lighting Controls palette.

Making dynamic clothing produces gigantic garments. You have to scale them down.

Still, nothing's perfect. Poser works well enough for my amateur ends.

You can have a different camera selected than the one you're viewing through... Saving a .png resets .jpg quality... There are loads of these scattered throughout the program...  Oh yeah, how about you can't re-save an item to the library without typing it's freaking name, and the text dialogue has no auto-complete of file names already in that folder..  Or that you CAN re-save a scene without having to type its name using the file menu, but doing so doesn't update the thumbnail in the library.  Wahh-wahhhhhh...
There was a huge compiled list of these over at RDNA (when it was the official forum) leading up to Poser 11's release. When not a single one of them was addressed in that version it actually caused me to skip it.  I only just now bought it because of the update/sale.  I swear though, it's like they have grandfathered in some of these usability issues. 

Zaavaleta  
#20 Posted : Sunday, December 31, 2017 4:11:06 AM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Maybe I'm a bit slow and I missed something, but is there a link to a picture of Paul and Pauline? I don't even know what they're supposed to look like. I mean, if these are Poser's flagship characters, shouldn't they give us promo images or something? That'd be like trying to promote Victoria and Michael 9 by saying "They're good. Trust us. No, we don't have sample renders. Just buy them."

I'm just sayin'.

My Specs: i5-6600 3.3Ghz, 16Gb ram, GTX 770 4Gb
My Gallery
Resist.