14 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Akirael  
#21 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 5:50:19 AM(UTC)
Akirael

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 26 post(s)

The Light I'm using here is the vanilla Sun-Sky Dome provided by the Studio. 

The MAT is without displacement Maps. Or at least there are no Map attached to the displacement strength and the value is 0.

I got curious and found a thread with a similar issue in your subforum.

http://www.renderotica.com/community/forums.aspx?g=posts&t=118260&cmsg=0&cmsn=#post138292

The solution: To set the optimisation from "memory" to "speed" works here also. I got this artiefacts with different MATs not just the one I showed above.

The one showed was custom made. So my first guess was, that the MATs where  somewhat off. But the Author assured, that the skin was designed especially with your products in mind. So I tested it with the Victoria8 MAT provided by DAZ and got the same result. Optimisation settings set to "Memory" got me artefacts. Set to "Speed" problem solved.

thanks 1 user thanked Akirael for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 10/11/2017(UTC)
Masterstroke  
#22 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 9:38:20 AM(UTC)
Masterstroke

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 171 post(s)
This artefact problem is not a NGV8 only problem. It affects every conforming genital using geometry shells. I found the same solution. Setting to speed avoids those artefacts.
thanks 1 user thanked Masterstroke for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 10/11/2017(UTC)
Akirael  
#23 Posted : Monday, October 9, 2017 12:19:32 PM(UTC)
Akirael

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 26 post(s)

weird. never had that problem with golden palace or the vanilla Genitalia for GF8

3feetwolf  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 11, 2017 9:01:08 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Akirael Go to Quoted Post

The Light I'm using here is the vanilla Sun-Sky Dome provided by the Studio. 

The MAT is without displacement Maps. Or at least there are no Map attached to the displacement strength and the value is 0.

I got curious and found a thread with a similar issue in your subforum.

http://www.renderotica.com/community/forums.aspx?g=posts&t=118260&cmsg=0&cmsn=#post138292

The solution: To set the optimisation from "memory" to "speed" works here also. I got this artiefacts with different MATs not just the one I showed above.

The one showed was custom made. So my first guess was, that the MATs where  somewhat off. But the Author assured, that the skin was designed especially with your products in mind. So I tested it with the Victoria8 MAT provided by DAZ and got the same result. Optimisation settings set to "Memory" got me artefacts. Set to "Speed" problem solved.

Thank you very much.

Because no matter how I modify the render settings, there is no changes on my computer, so I didn't expect the modification of the render settings can solve this problem.

As for why part of the users encountered this issue, I guess may be because of some differences between the operating system and even hardware?

Anyway, if users have this problem again, I will prompt them to modify the render settings first.

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
Akirael on 10/12/2017(UTC)
thedeadjester  
#25 Posted : Friday, October 13, 2017 12:47:01 AM(UTC)
thedeadjester

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 19 post(s)

G8 New Gens Anus area most of the time appears too shiny and has a glare coming off of it whenver I have an HDRI sky dome. Picture attached (skin "Melissa")

EDIT: The problem appears to be with the glossy reflectivity on the effects geo-shell. Cranking this down to .5 makes it much better. Any thoughts on why this is cranked on most figures by the new gens by default?

Edited by user Friday, October 13, 2017 10:13:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3feetwolf  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 8:07:19 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: thedeadjester Go to Quoted Post

G8 New Gens Anus area most of the time appears too shiny and has a glare coming off of it whenver I have an HDRI sky dome. Picture attached (skin "Melissa")

EDIT: The problem appears to be with the glossy reflectivity on the effects geo-shell. Cranking this down to .5 makes it much better. Any thoughts on why this is cranked on most figures by the new gens by default?

Thank you very much for discovering this issue :)

I am making the wet and dry effect of the anus. And I'll test these two effects when using HDRI sky dome and try to find out the best parameter values.

marble51  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 4:05:03 PM(UTC)
marble51

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 20 post(s)

HI, 

I am finding that, with some light skins on G3F characters, when I apply NGV8 the Lab-Maj area appears very dark. I realise this can be the case in real life sometimes but I would like the option of lighter skinned Lab-Maj. How would I edit the settings to achieve this?

By the way, I don't have this dark-tone problem with the same character and NGV7 but I know the method of skin matching is different. I don't have any G8F characters so I don't know if this is just a problem with G3F. The skin I am trying at the moment is Aibell from the DAZ Store.

3feetwolf  
#28 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 9:21:59 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: marble51 Go to Quoted Post

HI, 

I am finding that, with some light skins on G3F characters, when I apply NGV8 the Lab-Maj area appears very dark. I realise this can be the case in real life sometimes but I would like the option of lighter skinned Lab-Maj. How would I edit the settings to achieve this?

By the way, I don't have this dark-tone problem with the same character and NGV7 but I know the method of skin matching is different. I don't have any G8F characters so I don't know if this is just a problem with G3F. The skin I am trying at the moment is Aibell from the DAZ Store.

Hi marble,

Thank you for the product link, I will test this character, please wait a few days.

marble51  
#29 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 9:25:34 PM(UTC)
marble51

No problem. Thanks for taking a look.
WizArt  
#30 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2017 10:16:09 AM(UTC)
WizArt

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)

Should i download only the main file or the main file and the updates to use the latest version?

Any news regarding Zev0s morphs?

marble51  
#31 Posted : Sunday, October 22, 2017 7:51:44 PM(UTC)
marble51

Yes, I was also wondering about the Zev0 morphs - been checking back every day but no sign yet.
Angelus388  
#32 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 10:41:34 AM(UTC)
Angelus388

Hi, thank you for your job.

I have one issue: the different colors available in mats doesn't match with dark/black skinned characters for exemple. So I'd like to know how to change the color of labia and anus. I can find the textures files in my library but when I try to change them in Daz3D under surface tabs for genitalia, it only change the skin around the gens.
3feetwolf  
#33 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 8:50:24 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

HI, 

I've tested Aibell, by default, in the rendering results, I can see her gens part is dark. 
Because the labia majora of NGV8 and the character's skin use the same material settings, so after I apply NGV8 to this character
and render again, NGV8's labia majora is dark too. 
This problem is caused by the default textures of the characters. The color of the gens part of the default textures of Aibell is
very dark. 
The author is also aware of this, so he provides another set of modified textures for the gens rendering. 
You just need to change the textures of Aibell's Torso Surface to these modified textures before you apply NGV8 to she: 
Aisbell torso sss_1002.jpg -> Aisbell torso for gens sss_1002.jpg
Aisbell torso translucency_1002.jpg -> Aisbell torso for gens translucency_1002.jpg
Aisbell torso 1002.jpg -> Aisbell torso for gens_1002.jpg

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
marble51 on 10/25/2017(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#34 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 8:56:30 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Wizard1200 Go to Quoted Post

Should i download only the main file or the main file and the updates to use the latest version?

Any news regarding Zev0s morphs?

Hi:) to get the latest version, you need to download the main file and all the updates. Please install these updates in their chronological order. 

3feetwolf  
#35 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 9:07:25 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Angelus388 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, thank you for your job.

I have one issue: the different colors available in mats doesn't match with dark/black skinned characters for exemple. So I'd like to know how to change the color of labia and anus. I can find the textures files in my library but when I try to change them in Daz3D under surface tabs for genitalia, it only change the skin around the gens.

Hi :), if you want to manually modify the color of labia and anus, please first select New Genitalia For Victoria 8 - Color Layer in the Scene pane, then go to Surfaces and select new_gens_V8_1840_Anus or new_gens_V8_1840_Genitalia in the pane. Modifying these two surfaces can change the color of anus and labia. 

marble51  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, October 25, 2017 4:20:42 AM(UTC)
marble51

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

HI, 

I've tested Aibell, by default, in the rendering results, I can see her gens part is dark. 
Because the labia majora of NGV8 and the character's skin use the same material settings, so after I apply NGV8 to this character
and render again, NGV8's labia majora is dark too. 
This problem is caused by the default textures of the characters. The color of the gens part of the default textures of Aibell is
very dark. 
The author is also aware of this, so he provides another set of modified textures for the gens rendering. 
You just need to change the textures of Aibell's Torso Surface to these modified textures before you apply NGV8 to she: 
Aisbell torso sss_1002.jpg -> Aisbell torso for gens sss_1002.jpg
Aisbell torso translucency_1002.jpg -> Aisbell torso for gens translucency_1002.jpg
Aisbell torso 1002.jpg -> Aisbell torso for gens_1002.jpg

Thanks for your investigation. I will try what you suggest - I was not aware that any modified textures were available. I'll certainly check my runtime for them.

Godless8  
#37 Posted : Monday, October 30, 2017 8:55:33 AM(UTC)
Godless8

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 30 post(s)

Hey 3feetwolf!

I got this really weird issue with the gens. When I apply a premade pose to my model, the model shifts to a position in the plane, then the pussy seems to stay stuck on its original position but warps with the model to the new position aswell ,stretching it over the area.

I have to note that this is G8 gens applied to a G3 model. Now these models were created by a friend of mine and he doesn't have this issue for some reason.

Tentacles! Tentacles everywhere!

Jaralaxle  
#38 Posted : Thursday, November 2, 2017 9:43:17 PM(UTC)
Jaralaxle

Hey 3feetwolf,

I'm having an odd issue where having the new gens attached to a G8F who is in anything but a T-pose or A-pose and applying clothing with dforce enabled results in a disaster after clicking simulate. See screenshot for example.

Anyone else had this issue? I can repeat it consistently by simply doing the following.

1. Open a new scene.
  2. Add G8F
  3. Add new gens
  4. Add any clothing.
  5. Apply a pose to G8F.
  6. Add dforce Modifier: Dynamic Surface to clothing. (Not neccsary for dforce enabled clothing).
  7. Click Simulate
  8. Make popcorn.
  9. Come back to above picture.

EDIT: Wanted to point out that if I do the above and I don't add newgens to G8F, everything works fine (most of the time... we're talking about dforce here.)

Edited by user Thursday, November 2, 2017 9:46:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thedeadjester  
#39 Posted : Thursday, November 2, 2017 11:57:45 PM(UTC)
thedeadjester

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 19 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Jaralaxle Go to Quoted Post

Hey 3feetwolf,

I'm having an odd issue where having the new gens attached to a G8F who is in anything but a T-pose or A-pose and applying clothing with dforce enabled results in a disaster after clicking simulate. See screenshot for example.

Anyone else had this issue? I can repeat it consistently by simply doing the following.

1. Open a new scene.
  2. Add G8F
  3. Add new gens
  4. Add any clothing.
  5. Apply a pose to G8F.
  6. Add dforce Modifier: Dynamic Surface to clothing. (Not neccsary for dforce enabled clothing).
  7. Click Simulate
  8. Make popcorn.
  9. Come back to above picture.

EDIT: Wanted to point out that if I do the above and I don't add newgens to G8F, everything works fine (most of the time... we're talking about dforce here.)

Hey there, I don't know if my two cents will be useful to you or not but I thought I would comment because I do a lot of cloth simulations in other apps. I don't use dforce that much (I used the old dynamic cloth plugin a lot in the past) in my current renders but I do a ton of cloth simulations in Blender and have worked with both clothing items that are bought from the DAZ store (and elsewhere) there; so I'll comment from that perspective. As you seem to be aware already, cloth simulations are extremely temperamental (dforce seems to suffer similar finickiness). If this is a pair of shorts, it might be having issues with either the GeoShell or the more complex geometry of the new gens. I am not sure how DAZ calculates their collisions or if they use angular bending springs (something promised in Blender 2.8), but in either case I would suggest that you add newgens post simulation and fix any poke through with Daz's Dformers. I know that isn't the answer you are looking for but it is a work-around for now. My guess is that 3feet won't really be able to tell you much more than what I have said (unless he/she knows about the intricate details of how dforce works) but maybe they will. Hope you get the answers you seek!

thanks 1 user thanked thedeadjester for this useful post.
Jaralaxle on 11/3/2017(UTC)
Jaralaxle  
#40 Posted : Friday, November 3, 2017 9:02:23 AM(UTC)
Jaralaxle

Thanks for taking the time to reply. This is basically the workflow I've fallen back to. I don't have a lot of experience with d-former's but I've also not hit a situation where there was poke through after adding the gens back.

Do you happen to have any links to resources on how to get up to speed on d-formers (other than just trial and error, of course).

I found this but I wondered if there was a better resource.
http://docs.daz3d.com/do...pub/software/dform/start

Thanks!