41 Pages«<3536373839>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Optika  
#721 Posted : Wednesday, May 24, 2017 4:03:48 PM(UTC)
Optika

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Optika Go to Quoted Post
Hi there, thought I have the latest version of NG7. At least checked and installed the updated morph packs. But there seems to be a problem with the colors. I applied NG7 to Stevie from Rhiannon just released a couple of days ago at Rendo. But some areas are just plain white and not taking any color from the default texture. What's wrong. Do I need to manually alter colors via LIE. Never had this before.

Hi Optika, please check the material settings of the character's skin to see if Translucency Color is set to white(1.0, 1.0, 1.0).
If so, and because the SSS map of the new gens is grayscale, so the labia and anus are grayed out in the rendering results.

The solution is to manually modify Translucency Color of each surface.
Anus: Use LIE to open the texture of Translucency Color, select 'GensMapSSS_1009' in the layers list, set its 'Resource' to None, and change its color to a reddish color. And then click 'Accept' to save and exit.
Labia Minora: Change the texture of Translucency Color to 'GensMapD_1009.jpg'.
Torso: Use LIE to open the texture of Translucency Color, select 'GensMapSSS_1009' in the layers list, set its 'Resource' to 'GensMapD_1009.jpg'. And then click 'Accept' to save and exit.
Vagina&Rectum: Change the texture of Translucency Color to 'GensMapD_1009.jpg'.

Completely missed your fast reply. Will check this out later. Thanks!
3feetwolf  
#722 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 10:17:10 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Horine Go to Quoted Post

I don't understand... I haven't change anything on my config... 
I don't think it's Daz because i try with Daz 4.8 and the most recently version, and it's do the same ....
And it's do the same thing on the ancient model with NG7...

EDIT : It's working now. But, i don't understand why, because, i've not change everything....

Hello :)

This issue is related to the tool you are currently activated. For example, if you are activating the Node Weight Map Brush, the the issue occurs. If you activate the Node Selection Tool, the the problem will disappear.

deepandsilent3dx  
#723 Posted : Thursday, May 25, 2017 5:03:56 PM(UTC)
deepandsilent3dx

Hello,3feetwolf !

There is a chance that we are allowed someday to experience female genitalia for Centaur 7 Female, created by you?
Grimmblight  
#724 Posted : Friday, May 26, 2017 4:21:19 PM(UTC)
Grimmblight

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cheesymaid Go to Quoted Post
Just to demonstrate... I modified FWSA Grace because Fred Winkler/Sabby figures do not work with lower ISO settings on the camera, from what I have seen. You need higher ISO, and very strong light... which my normal render settings are not. And you can't guarantee that other artist work will do well under that setup, so I don't bother to fuck with my film speed or my lighting rigs just to fix their shit.

So, I modify a few things... Translucency color (not brown. Funny how a pale White girl needs dark brown Tranlucency colors), Translucency maps (because darker grey still fucks with your skin color under normal outdoor settings & film speeds), and I also sometimes need to change the Transmitted Color settings (including Transmitted Measurement Distance) under the Volume drop down of Surfaces... that's just how FWSA does their shit.

This works for the main body... but then you have to account for it in the New Gens scripting. You need to see what the output is, and then adjust it.

First image below is the default New Gens for V7 product, which is fine. The script worked, it did its job.

I want pinker lips. I want a rosy anus. Those require more work.

Look at the Translucency maps for the New Gens prop. Really look. They are, by default, in the grey scale... they pick up color from the Translucency setting, not the grey Translucency maps.

Since I lighten the Translucency map to get FWSA figures to work for me, that means I've lightened the colors in the Genitalia surrfaces... the Labia Minora, Anus, Vagina, and so on.

The fix is obvious. I can't re-darken the color for the Translucency map. That would make the entire surface a different shade.
What is necessary? You have to go in and modify the map itself. I added the colors that I wanted to the areas that I wanted... more pink!

After modifications to the Translucency maps, I get the second image below.

Bottom line: If your surfaces aren't doing what you want, you can easily go in and change them.
The New Gens script isn't broken just because you don't get a perfect image. You just need to be able to use GIMP or PhotoShop.

(Is the second image perfect? No. Probably needs more work. I'm just showing what a couple minutes of GIMP work can do.)

Put those NGV7 textures on the store and we will pay

mjw  
#725 Posted : Saturday, May 27, 2017 7:53:08 AM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 124 post(s)
I confess to not using the very latest version, due to total confusion over what I need to change, how, and where, but I suspect it would not help my particular problem. I want to use shells on the figure, such as wet skin, or dirt overlays, but I cannot make them work over the genitalia. I don't usually need the genitalia, but they offer the best pubic hair add-ons, so I do need to use them. Any suggestions, please, 3FW?
3feetwolf  
#726 Posted : Saturday, May 27, 2017 9:30:01 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: deepandsilent3dx Go to Quoted Post
Hello,3feetwolf !

There is a chance that we are allowed someday to experience female genitalia for Centaur 7 Female, created by you?

Hello, I have just got Centaur 7. Because its horse model is a new model, so if I'm going to make the genitals prop you want, then I need to create it from scratch. And before that, I have to learn the body structure of the horse, lol

3feetwolf  
#727 Posted : Saturday, May 27, 2017 9:36:43 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: mjw Go to Quoted Post
I confess to not using the very latest version, due to total confusion over what I need to change, how, and where, but I suspect it would not help my particular problem. I want to use shells on the figure, such as wet skin, or dirt overlays, but I cannot make them work over the genitalia. I don't usually need the genitalia, but they offer the best pubic hair add-ons, so I do need to use them. Any suggestions, please, 3FW?

Hi,
No matter the new version or old versions of NGV7, they can work with the geometry shell prop.
You just need to follow these steps:
1. Apply new gens to your character, the add the geometry shell prop to her.
2. Select the geometry shell prop in the Scene pane, go to the Parameters pane. Browse to Shell > Visibility > Surfaces, find out new_gens_V7_4948_Labia Minora and new_gens_V7_4948_Vagina&Rectum. Change their visibilities to Off.
3. Go to the Surfaces pane(Make sure that the geometry shell prop is still selected), find out new_gens_V7_4948_Anus and new_gens_V7_4948_Torso, change their shaders to Iray Uber.
4. Copy material settings of Torso and paste them to new_gens_V7_4948_Anus and new_gens_V7_4948_Torso.
Done.

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
mjw on 6/9/2017(UTC)
kooroe  
#728 Posted : Saturday, May 27, 2017 2:15:08 PM(UTC)
kooroe

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: deepandsilent3dx Go to Quoted Post
Hello,3feetwolf !

Hello, I have just got Centaur 7. Because its horse model is a new model, so if I'm going to make the genitals prop you want, then I need to create it from scratch. And before that, I have to learn the body structure of the horse, lol

You make the best female genitalia and if you make one for Centaur 7. It would be a must buy for myself and maybe some others as well.
mjw  
#729 Posted : Saturday, May 27, 2017 3:18:42 PM(UTC)
mjw

Thanks, but somewhere I must still be doing something wrong. I will try again, but the systems are really playing me up today. Thanks again.
RobinsonUK  
#730 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2017 3:08:41 AM(UTC)
RobinsonUK

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 22 post(s)
So I wanted to apply Wet Body material to my character but the gens on her don't see it.  I found instructions for doing it which I've followed closely:

Hi, please try these steps: 
1. apply new gens to V7, then add the Wet Body.
2. select the Wet Body prop in the Scene pane, go to the Parameters pane. Browse to Shell > Visibility > Surfaces, find out new_gens_V7_4948_Labia Minora and new_gens_V7_4948_Vagina&Rectum. Change their visibilities to Off. 
3. go to the Surfaces pane(make sure that the Wet Body prop is still selected), find out new_gens_V7_4948_Anus and new_gens_V7_4948_Torso, change their Shaders to Iray Uber. 
4. copy material settings of Torso and paste them to new_gens_V7_4948_Anus and new_gens_V7_4948_Torso, done. 

This didn't make any difference though, i.e. this is what I get.  What did I do wrong?  (I have latest gens btw and this is G3).

sikosan  
#731 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2017 11:22:34 AM(UTC)
sikosan

How can I change the clitoris hood's color, can't find anywhere.

Sometimes it looks too bright pinkish.
3feetwolf  
#732 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2017 9:17:29 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: RobinsonUK Go to Quoted Post
So I wanted to apply Wet Body material to my character but the gens on her don't see it.  I found instructions for doing it which I've followed closely:

Hi, please try these steps: 
1. apply new gens to V7, then add the Wet Body.
2. select the Wet Body prop in the Scene pane, go to the Parameters pane. Browse to Shell > Visibility > Surfaces, find out new_gens_V7_4948_Labia Minora and new_gens_V7_4948_Vagina&Rectum. Change their visibilities to Off. 
3. go to the Surfaces pane(make sure that the Wet Body prop is still selected), find out new_gens_V7_4948_Anus and new_gens_V7_4948_Torso, change their Shaders to Iray Uber. 
4. copy material settings of Torso and paste them to new_gens_V7_4948_Anus and new_gens_V7_4948_Torso, done. 

This didn't make any difference though, i.e. this is what I get.  What did I do wrong?  (I have latest gens btw and this is G3).

Hello, because the camera is far away from the body, I can not see very clearly. So I would like to ask if the pubic hair prop you are using is also a Geometry Shell prop?
If so, please do above steps to this pubic hair prop too.
Hope this answer helps you :)

3feetwolf  
#733 Posted : Monday, June 5, 2017 9:34:47 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: sikosan Go to Quoted Post
How can I change the clitoris hood's color, can't find anywhere.
Sometimes it looks too bright pinkish.

Hello, in general, you can change the color of clitoris hood by modifying the corresponding diffuse map and SSS map.

For example, if your character's UV is Base Female, then you can find GensMapD_1009.jpg and GensMapSSS_1009.jpg by going to Runtime\Textures\3feetwolf\NewGenitaliaForVictoria7\BaseFemale.
Then, use the image editing software to open these two textures, make their colors darker, and save them. When you render again, the clitoris hood's color will be changed.

You might need to try several times to get the most satisfying result.

RobinsonUK  
#734 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 2:08:49 PM(UTC)
RobinsonUK

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 22 post(s)

Hello, because the camera is far away from the body, I can not see very clearly. So I would like to ask if the pubic hair prop you are using is also a Geometry Shell prop?
If so, please do above steps to this pubic hair prop too.
Hope this answer helps you :)

Bah.  I screwed up copying torso mats.  That's why it didn't work.  Works beautifully now.  Sorry to have wasted your time.

asta128  
#735 Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2017 7:20:03 PM(UTC)
asta128

So I have an issue, at least I think I do. 
The issue is that you can still see a good portion of the genital textures that comes with the character, in this case Adaline. But it doe manifest itself to a smaller degree with other models. 

This is what happens, and I'm talking about the odd coloration that happens just above the genitals which is a residue of the default texture(I think). 
Link to image

So is this a bug or is it intended to look like this?

I have tried to apply the gens to just the base of Adaline, this character is a morphed victoria base. But the issue is persistent. I also went through all pages of this thread and the rest of the support forum to see if anyone else had a similar issue, but I was not able to find anything.

Thanks and have a nice day!

nightwolf1982  
#736 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2017 1:52:18 AM(UTC)
nightwolf1982

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 55 post(s)
asta128: That is from the default torso map, the easiest way to fix it is to edit the torso map to remove the genitals.
thanks 1 user thanked nightwolf1982 for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 6/8/2017(UTC)
nekkid4812  
#737 Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2017 2:17:57 PM(UTC)
nekkid4812

Hope this is the right thread for my question: is there an update of NGV7 available for tween Julie, she has another uv set than Victoria.
Yes, i know, she originally is a teen figure, but it is the first G3 female figure, that, mixed with other adult body shapes, results in a wonderful realistic woman with small breasts without
distorted parts of her breasts. Would be nice, if i would be able to 'complete' her.
3feetwolf  
#738 Posted : Thursday, June 8, 2017 10:32:10 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: asta128 Go to Quoted Post
So I have an issue, at least I think I do. 
The issue is that you can still see a good portion of the genital textures that comes with the character, in this case Adaline. But it doe manifest itself to a smaller degree with other models. 

This is what happens, and I'm talking about the odd coloration that happens just above the genitals which is a residue of the default texture(I think). 
Link to image

So is this a bug or is it intended to look like this?

I have tried to apply the gens to just the base of Adaline, this character is a morphed victoria base. But the issue is persistent. I also went through all pages of this thread and the rest of the support forum to see if anyone else had a similar issue, but I was not able to find anything.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Hello :)

Even if they use the same UV, in the torso textures created by different artists, the position of genitals are not the same.
So sometimes the new gens can not perfectly cover the genitals in the torso map.
It is not a bug, and it can not be completely avoided.
The solution is like nightwolf said, edit the torso map to change the position of genitals or completely remove it.
If you need to, please email me([email protected]) and I can modify the torso map for you.

mjw  
#739 Posted : Saturday, June 10, 2017 3:44:59 AM(UTC)
mjw

Hi,
No matter the new version or old versions of NGV7, they can work with the geometry shell prop.
2. Select the geometry shell prop in the Scene pane, go to the Parameters pane. Browse to Shell > Visibility > Surfaces, find out new_gens_V7_4948_Labia Minora and new_gens_V7_4948_Vagina&Rectum. Change their visibilities to Off.
3. Go to the Surfaces pane(Make sure that the geometry shell prop is still selected), find out new_gens_V7_4948_Anus and new_gens_V7_4948_Torso, change their shaders to Iray Uber.
4. Copy material settings of Torso and paste them to new_gens_V7_4948_Anus and new_gens_V7_4948_Torso.
Done.

Thanks for this. I can apply the shells after adding the genitals etc, but is there no way to do so before adding them? I often don't bother with genitals in figures if they are not relevant, but then use the same basic character when they are. 
3feetwolf  
#740 Posted : Saturday, June 10, 2017 8:55:39 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Hi,
Done.

Thanks for this. I can apply the shells after adding the genitals etc, but is there no way to do so before adding them? I often don't bother with genitals in figures if they are not relevant, but then use the same basic character when they are. 

Hi, I can not do anything before people add a geometry shell to their character, but I guess I can write a script, so that you can do all these steps with a double-click.