41 Pages«<2829303132>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nightwolf1982  
#581 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 7:59:32 AM(UTC)
nightwolf1982

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 55 post(s)
SimonJM: Basically, that error is happening because the script can't find the CTRLGensC-V7 morph, which should be in \data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Female\Morphs\3feetwolf\NGV7.
thanks 2 users thanked nightwolf1982 for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 1/18/2017(UTC), SimonJM on 1/18/2017(UTC)
SimonJM  
#582 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 11:59:42 AM(UTC)
SimonJM

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post
This is weird, I really can't think of where is the problemcursing
Have you ever tried to use the duf file to add 'blank' new gens to Monique 7, and then use 'Update The Material Of New Gens.dsa' to add material to the new gens?
If this is still unsuccessful, please send me some pictures to show me the file structure of NGV7 you have installed, the user interface of your DAZ Studio, etc. The more information the better.

Same error with the update material script - as nightwolf1982 suggests, it may be that missing morph that is halting the scripts in their tracks - where should this morph originate from, because I certainly do not have it!
SimonJM  
#583 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 1:04:56 PM(UTC)
SimonJM

Ok, we have a winner!
Thank to nightwolf1982 for pointing in the right direction. I looked through all my 3feetwolf products (I save the zip files on an external USB HDD) and found no trace of the morph whatsoever. This confused me a little as I, presumably, has used just these files to install to my earlier machine and it all worked ok! A bit of detective work in the download links here on this site showed that I did not have a local copy of the 3feetwolf_NewGenitaliaForVictoria7UPDATE.zip file. Grabbed, and installed that (after resting downloads) and voila - all works - including the wierd-ass Iray Divya issue! :)
marble51  
#584 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 8:56:01 PM(UTC)
marble51

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I have just had my PC delivered to my new home after emigrating so I'm itching to get back up to speed. I know there have been several updates since I last used the V7NG (and V6NG) so I came to the store to download updates. But I find there are at least 3 download links for each (and also 3 each for the various character add-ons). They are not dated or show release numbers so I have no idea which to download.

Secondly, I have downloaded the helper scripts (from the original post in this thread) ... the Update Script and the NGS scripts for V6 and V7 but I can't find a readme on how to use them or what version of update they are compatible with. Any chance of adding a readme to them, please?

EDIT: Also, the update_log.txt file that comes with the updates is not dated nor does it have a version number. How are we supposed to know which is the latest?

Edited by user Tuesday, January 17, 2017 9:04:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nightwolf1982  
#585 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 9:28:04 PM(UTC)
nightwolf1982

For NGV7, there's the main file, 3feetwolf_NewGenitaliaForVictoria7UPDATE.zip, and a separate Tutorials.zip which explains how to change the labia and anus colors. The other files aren't really important (the product readme and an old update log). For NGV6, there's the main file, 3feetwolf_NewGenitaliaForVictoria6_2-0.zip, and another Tutorials.zip; there are also 4 update files that actually are dated (first 4 digits are the year, next 2 are the month, final 2 are the day) You'll need all 4 of these updates for various morphs and script updates that have been added.

For the V7 Update packs, each has the main product zip, a separate tutorials zip, and the product readme.

The Update Script tool is used to update the main NGV7 script with all of the character updates you have installed, and the NGS scripts are specifically for the NGS Anagenesis Shader sold at DAZ.
marble51  
#586 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 9:38:03 PM(UTC)
marble51

Originally Posted by: nightwolf1982 Go to Quoted Post
For NGV7, there's the main file, 3feetwolf_NewGenitaliaForVictoria7UPDATE.zip, and a separate Tutorials.zip which explains how to change the labia and anus colors. The other files aren't really important (the product readme and an old update log). For NGV6, there's the main file, 3feetwolf_NewGenitaliaForVictoria6_2-0.zip, and another Tutorials.zip; there are also 4 update files that actually are dated (first 4 digits are the year, next 2 are the month, final 2 are the day) You'll need all 4 of these updates for various morphs and script updates that have been added.

For the V7 Update packs, each has the main product zip, a separate tutorials zip, and the product readme.

The Update Script tool is used to update the main NGV7 script with all of the character updates you have installed, and the NGS scripts are specifically for the NGS Anagenesis Shader sold at DAZ.

Thanks but I'm still not clear. For example, here's a screen shot of my downloads page here at this store. As you can see, it has 3 identical downloads for each character with a reset button. How do I know which to choose? The same happened with NGV7.

Secondly, the update script. When I install updates I manually copy over the old files in the DAZ Studio content library. How does the script compare versions when, at any one time, there is only one version present?
marble51 attached the following image(s):
Capture.JPG
nightwolf1982  
#587 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 9:59:47 PM(UTC)
nightwolf1982

Resetting the download will reset for the entire product; so resetting the first Mei Lin download will reset all 3. The update script identifies which character UVs you have installed in data\3feetwolf\New Genitalia For Victoria 7\UV Sets\3feetwolf, as well as the texture paths, and inserts the necessary changes into the main NGV7 script.
thanks 2 users thanked nightwolf1982 for this useful post.
marble51 on 1/17/2017(UTC), 3feetwolf on 1/18/2017(UTC)
marble51  
#588 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 10:13:52 PM(UTC)
marble51

Originally Posted by: nightwolf1982 Go to Quoted Post
Resetting the download will reset for the entire product; so resetting the first Mei Lin download will reset all 3. The update script identifies which character UVs you have installed in data\3feetwolf\New Genitalia For Victoria 7\UV Sets\3feetwolf, as well as the texture paths, and inserts the necessary changes into the main NGV7 script.

OK - I think that covers my confusion. Thank you very much. :)
marble51  
#589 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 10:31:15 PM(UTC)
marble51

Oh, sorry but to ask again about the NGS scripts - there are 2 in the download. One seems to be an alternative to the New Gens for V7 dsa and the other is an update materials script. What if the NGV7 has been updated after the NGS version?

Secondly, there are .DAT files in some downloads - are they required?

Edited by user Tuesday, January 17, 2017 10:54:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Correction

3feetwolf  
#590 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:15:22 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Originally Posted by: marble51 Go to Quoted Post
Oh, sorry but to ask again about the NGS scripts - there are 2 in the download. One seems to be an alternative to the New Gens for V7 dsa and the other is an update materials script. What if the NGV7 has been updated after the NGS version?

Don't worry, I always update these two versions both.
And The .DAT file is required by 'Upgrade The Script Of New Gens.dsa'.
So you need to download all these files.

3feetwolf  
#591 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:17:50 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Thanks to NightWolf for the detailed explanation :)
3feetwolf  
#592 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:34:27 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: SimonJM Go to Quoted Post
Ok, we have a winner!
Thank to nightwolf1982 for pointing in the right direction. I looked through all my 3feetwolf products (I save the zip files on an external USB HDD) and found no trace of the morph whatsoever. This confused me a little as I, presumably, has used just these files to install to my earlier machine and it all worked ok! A bit of detective work in the download links here on this site showed that I did not have a local copy of the 3feetwolf_NewGenitaliaForVictoria7UPDATE.zip file. Grabbed, and installed that (after resting downloads) and voila - all works - including the wierd-ass Iray Divya issue! :)

yes that's great :-)

marble51  
#593 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 12:56:58 PM(UTC)
marble51

Thank you. So If you announce an update, we go to our downloads page here in the store to update NGV7 and then to the Dropbox link to update the NGS version? I have not even had chance to try the Anagenesis product yet - does anyone have any examples?

While I'm on the subject of trying recent purchases, I bough the Zev0 aging set for G3F and am now worried that it can't be used with NGV7. A quick test showed that the wrinkles/creases/cellulite does not appear to cross the geograft boundary from the abdomen to the NGV7 graft. Is this to be expected and, if so, is there a way to get it to work?
Eevei2no  
#594 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:33:38 PM(UTC)
Eevei2no

One recommendation I'd make for any new items you (3feetwold) make or for others using either NGV7 or NGV6-2 is to use the hip(G2F) or torso (G3F) mats on the main skin surfaces of the gens.  It works out of the box for most UV sets I've tried it on, but there are a few you might need to extend some of the skin near the anus on some texture and UV combinations.

My current process in using either NGV7 or NGV6-2 is to attach the geograf directly, i.e. I don't use the script at all.  If I want the corrective morphs turned on, I do that manually or via a utility script I wrote do it.

I then apply the Iray Uber base shader, since I use Iray pretty much exclusively now, and just copy the material from the hip or torso to the skin parts of the gens.  I then copy that to the pink surfaces as well to use as a base.  Be aware that when you copy from the main model like this, its likely to set the UV set wrong and many times it also turns on Thin Wall.  You'll likely have to manually adjust these after a copy.

For the other two surfaces, I sample the color of the skin texture and use that as a background layer with the pink textures provided by 3feetwolf overlayed.  I then use this LIE for both the non-skin surfaces along with any bump, normal or other maps I want (provided by 3feetwolf).

This process lowers the memory required to render and simplifies my tweaking of materials since two of the surfaces are always the same as the corresponding surfaces on the main model.  So, if you're using N.G.S or another similar parameter setup (no N.G.S. is not a shader), just use that to setup your skin surfaces and then copy it to the skin surfaces on the gens.

Remember, each 4Kx4K image costs 64MB of video memory, before any compression you *might* have enabled in your render settings.  The script provided to attach the geograf creates 6 LIEs at 4Kx4K, some of which are copies of others.  I expect in many circumstances you can save between 100MB and 200MB worth of video card memory per model/character and get the same, or nearly the same results.  I've never noticed a difference in render output.

Remapping the pink parts, or just resizing the image(s) used for them can save quite a bit of memory as well.  Changing them to 2Kx2K brings the memory down from 64MB per image to 16MB per image and 1Kx1K takes it down to 4MB per image.  Remapping them to use all of a nice square image and combining that with a smaller texture would be best, but simply resizing gives you most of the benefit.

If the part on in the render is only filling a spot 512 x 512, it makes no sense to have a 4Kx4K texture on the item.  So, resize them to 2Kx2K, or smaller, in your favorite image editing program.

I did have to make my own mask to blend with pink textures onto the skin base.  The ones used by the script don't work well for that as they leave a line.  I also extended the pink area to make it blend better.

I'd be happy to make these available if 3feetwolf wants them.   Its mostly just blurring the edges of the existing masks and extending the pink portions a bit on the original textures. The masks and pink textures work for both NGV6-2 and NGV7 as the UVs for these surfaces are the same (thanks 3feetwolf, :-) ).

These are just some friendly tips or comments for 3feetwolf and anyone else they might help.  Your gens and your support are top notch.  I'm just hoping I can help make them, or future versions, a little bit better, :-).

Edited by user Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:37:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Eevei2no for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 2/7/2017(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#595 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 9:51:20 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Thank you. So If you announce an update, we go to our downloads page here in the store to update NGV7 and then to the Dropbox link to update the NGS version? I have not even had chance to try the Anagenesis product yet - does anyone have any examples?

While I'm on the subject of trying recent purchases, I bough the Zev0 aging set for G3F and am now worried that it can't be used with NGV7. A quick test showed that the wrinkles/creases/cellulite does not appear to cross the geograft boundary from the abdomen to the NGV7 graft. Is this to be expected and, if so, is there a way to get it to work?

Yes, but all my future updates will be added to the download page in the store.

I haven't tried aging settings, how does they work?

3feetwolf  
#596 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 10:40:29 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Eevei2no Go to Quoted Post
One recommendation I'd make for any new items you (3feetwold) make or for others using either NGV7 or NGV6-2 is to use the hip(G2F) or torso (G3F) mats on the main skin surfaces of the gens.  It works out of the box for most UV sets I've tried it on, but there are a few you might need to extend some of the skin near the anus on some texture and UV combinations.

My current process in using either NGV7 or NGV6-2 is to attach the geograf directly, i.e. I don't use the script at all.  If I want the corrective morphs turned on, I do that manually or via a utility script I wrote do it.

I then apply the Iray Uber base shader, since I use Iray pretty much exclusively now, and just copy the material from the hip or torso to the skin parts of the gens.  I then copy that to the pink surfaces as well to use as a base.  Be aware that when you copy from the main model like this, its likely to set the UV set wrong and many times it also turns on Thin Wall.  You'll likely have to manually adjust these after a copy.

For the other two surfaces, I sample the color of the skin texture and use that as a background layer with the pink textures provided by 3feetwolf overlayed.  I then use this LIE for both the non-skin surfaces along with any bump, normal or other maps I want (provided by 3feetwolf).

This process lowers the memory required to render and simplifies my tweaking of materials since two of the surfaces are always the same as the corresponding surfaces on the main model.  So, if you're using N.G.S or another similar parameter setup (no N.G.S. is not a shader), just use that to setup your skin surfaces and then copy it to the skin surfaces on the gens.

Remember, each 4Kx4K image costs 64MB of video memory, before any compression you *might* have enabled in your render settings.  The script provided to attach the geograf creates 6 LIEs at 4Kx4K, some of which are copies of others.  I expect in many circumstances you can save between 100MB and 200MB worth of video card memory per model/character and get the same, or nearly the same results.  I've never noticed a difference in render output.

Remapping the pink parts, or just resizing the image(s) used for them can save quite a bit of memory as well.  Changing them to 2Kx2K brings the memory down from 64MB per image to 16MB per image and 1Kx1K takes it down to 4MB per image.  Remapping them to use all of a nice square image and combining that with a smaller texture would be best, but simply resizing gives you most of the benefit.

If the part on in the render is only filling a spot 512 x 512, it makes no sense to have a 4Kx4K texture on the item.  So, resize them to 2Kx2K, or smaller, in your favorite image editing program.

I did have to make my own mask to blend with pink textures onto the skin base.  The ones used by the script don't work well for that as they leave a line.  I also extended the pink area to make it blend better.

I'd be happy to make these available if 3feetwolf wants them.   Its mostly just blurring the edges of the existing masks and extending the pink portions a bit on the original textures. The masks and pink textures work for both NGV6-2 and NGV7 as the UVs for these surfaces are the same (thanks 3feetwolf, :-) ).

These are just some friendly tips or comments for 3feetwolf and anyone else they might help.  Your gens and your support are top notch.  I'm just hoping I can help make them, or future versions, a little bit better, :-).

Thank you very much :) you have provided a very good idea to reduce the memory requirements. I will also give full consideration to how to reduce the performance requirements of the customer's computer when I create new products in the future.

You mentioned that the current mask leaves a line, I haven't found this issue before. Could you please describe it in detail?

marble51  
#597 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 11:09:37 PM(UTC)
marble51

I haven't tried aging settings, how does they work?

These are what I'm using:

http://www.daz3d.com/agi...e-for-genesis-3-female-s

For example, the stomach may have stretch marks or the buttocks have cellulite but these are not appearing on the NGV7 geograft. 
Eevei2no  
#598 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2017 5:28:25 PM(UTC)
Eevei2no

Thank you very much :) you have provided a very good idea to reduce the memory requirements. I will also give full consideration to how to reduce the performance requirements of the customer's computer when I create new products in the future.

Anytime.

You mentioned that the current mask leaves a line, I haven't found this issue before. Could you please describe it in detail?

It probably doesn't leave a line if I use your script to setup the materials, but its been a long time since I used the script.  I think your script handles this with the LIE used for the hip/torso as it has blending on it to blend the skin into the pink areas.

I copy whatever is on the hip/torso of the main model to this hip/torso and anus surfaces on the gens.  This doesn't include the blending area you have, so I have to blend on the surfaces that use upper areas of the GensMapD_1009.jpg image using a LIE.

The process I use is:
  1. Select the gens and apply the iray uber shader to all the surfaces.
  2. Select the main model and the torso/hip surface and copy that, noting the UV set in use.
  3. Paste the copied surface to the hip/torso and anus surfaces on the gens and fix the UV if necessary and ensure that the Thin Wall setting is correct as copying a surface normally gets that wrong.
  4. I also normally do the same for the labia/internal surfaces as well to get the SSS and other settings in the ballpark.
  5. I then eyeball or sample the color (in GIMP) from the middle of the crotch on the hip/torso image.
  6. I select both pink surfaces and load the GensMapD_1009.jpg image I'm going to use and apply the mask to that image.
  7. I add another solid color image below that and tweak the opacity of the GensMapD_1009.jpg layer.
  8. Once I'm happy with the LIE in the Base Color slot, I normally use that same image in the Transluceny Color slot.  If you don't manually select the same LIE, you will have two LIEs, possibly with the same contents, sent to Iray when you render.

Below are the images I use, including the modified GensMapD_1009.jpg file.  If necessary, I'll delete either or both.  I haven't resized them yet for my own use.

Edited by user Friday, January 20, 2017 5:37:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Eevei2no attached the following image(s):
GensMapD_1009-cleaned-MASK5.png
GensMapD2_1009@-25Lightness2.png
thanks 1 user thanked Eevei2no for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 2/7/2017(UTC)
Mrduck  
#599 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2017 5:56:13 PM(UTC)
Mrduck

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Is it possible to make New Gens compatible with this http://www.daz3d.com/mrl-mutations
nightwolf1982  
#600 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2017 10:24:31 PM(UTC)
nightwolf1982

NGV7 should already be compatible, as that product uses the base female UVs.