41 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ubdreamin  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2015 11:49:28 PM(UTC)
ubdreamin

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ubdreamin Go to Quoted Post
hi
First off, I'm a big fan of your work! They have brought a lot of "life" to my renders. Thank you so much! heart

I'm having a little problem I'm hoping you can help me with. pray

I was having a problem getting a shape I wanted so I sent the figure to Hexagon. I got the shape just the way I wanted it and sent it back to DS as a morph. It worked great. The problem I had was trying to keep that morph as a permanent addition to the existing morphs. I saved the figure as a figure/prop in a different folder and found my morph in windows explorer. I copied it to your morphs folder and it wont show up at all in DS. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't seem to figure it out. I compared the morph script in Notepad++ to yours and corrected the path. I've cleared the DS cache. No joy. angry

I downloaded your most recent morphs and dropped them in the morphs folder. They are showing up fine. I just can't get any custom morphs I've created to show up.

I'm going to kick myself if it turns out to be something really simple. sobbing

Thanks a bunch!

Hi, please try this method:

1. After send it back to DS, dial you morph to 100%, make sure that all the other morphs at the default value.
2. Then select File > Export ...to export the new gens as obj file. At this point OBJ Export Options window will pop up, just select 'Maya(1 unit = 1 cm)' from the drop-down menu and then accept.
3. Browse to 'New Genitalia For Victoria 7' in the Content Library, and then into its subfolder 'DUFs'. Double-click 'New Genitalia For Victoria 7.duf' to load a blank material new gens.
4. Open Morphs Loader Pro,click 'Choose Morph Files ...' to locate and open the obj file which was exported in step 2.
5. Click the black triangle on the left of the obj name. You can see that the value of Reverse Deformation is 'no'. Right-click on the 'no' and change it to 'yes'. At then click accept.
6. Now go to the Parameters pane, select New Genitalia For Victoria 7 > Morphs > Morph Loader, you will see the new morph。
7. Adjust its parameter settings if you need, and then save it as Morph Assset(s)...done.

That method worked like a charm! Thank you 3feetwolf! happy
3feetwolf  
#22 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 1:48:36 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Xameva Go to Quoted Post
I don't know... you only load Adaline then run the script, right?
I do the same thing on my computer but no errors.

Okay I'm a fool. crazy

I figured it out after looking at the start of your script. var g_IrayPath = getAbsolutePath( "/Shader Presets/Iray/DAZ Uber/!Iray Uber Base.duf" );

I didn't have that file on my system. I didn't know it was a separate install. I thought it was included in the Studio 4.8 install and I haven't needed to use it as the character/clothing products I've bought included iray shaders. (Can you tell I'm a Poser user?). I

Works great now. False alarm, sorry! I love this product. yes

lol, I'm glad you've found the reason. I never expected that it would caused your problemblink
have fun!
3feetwolf  
#23 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 1:50:50 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

hi
First off, I'm a big fan of your work! They have brought a lot of "life" to my renders. Thank you so much! heart

I'm having a little problem I'm hoping you can help me with. pray

I was having a problem getting a shape I wanted so I sent the figure to Hexagon. I got the shape just the way I wanted it and sent it back to DS as a morph. It worked great. The problem I had was trying to keep that morph as a permanent addition to the existing morphs. I saved the figure as a figure/prop in a different folder and found my morph in windows explorer. I copied it to your morphs folder and it wont show up at all in DS. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't seem to figure it out. I compared the morph script in Notepad++ to yours and corrected the path. I've cleared the DS cache. No joy. angry

I downloaded your most recent morphs and dropped them in the morphs folder. They are showing up fine. I just can't get any custom morphs I've created to show up.

I'm going to kick myself if it turns out to be something really simple. sobbing

Thanks a bunch!

Hi, please try this method:

1. After send it back to DS, dial you morph to 100%, make sure that all the other morphs at the default value.
2. Then select File > Export ...to export the new gens as obj file. At this point OBJ Export Options window will pop up, just select 'Maya(1 unit = 1 cm)' from the drop-down menu and then accept.
3. Browse to 'New Genitalia For Victoria 7' in the Content Library, and then into its subfolder 'DUFs'. Double-click 'New Genitalia For Victoria 7.duf' to load a blank material new gens.
4. Open Morphs Loader Pro,click 'Choose Morph Files ...' to locate and open the obj file which was exported in step 2.
5. Click the black triangle on the left of the obj name. You can see that the value of Reverse Deformation is 'no'. Right-click on the 'no' and change it to 'yes'. At then click accept.
6. Now go to the Parameters pane, select New Genitalia For Victoria 7 > Morphs > Morph Loader, you will see the new morph。
7. Adjust its parameter settings if you need, and then save it as Morph Assset(s)...done.

That method worked like a charm! Thank you 3feetwolf! happy

You're welcome :)
WritenWrong  
#24 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 9:10:13 AM(UTC)
WritenWrong

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I notice the GensMapB_49723_1009 etc in the temp file; I wish to customise the images and store them in a seperate content folder, will I need to do anything with the varous GensMap.

In addition, I have also noticed that when more than one instance of your genitals in the scene, one of both will render without textures, even though the show up on the model.
cheesymaid  
#25 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 11:08:05 AM(UTC)
cheesymaid

Was thanked: 219 time(s) in 183 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WritenWrong Go to Quoted Post
I notice the GensMapB_49723_1009 etc in the temp file; I wish to customise the images and store them in a seperate content folder, will I need to do anything with the varous GensMap.

As for the temp files... I have my Daz temp directory mapped to my Favorites in Windows. I offload files from there into a separate directory whenever I want to preserve them for other purposes, and that other directory is also mapped as a Favorite for easy access. It can clutter up your Windows interface, but that's one solution.
WritenWrong  
#26 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 11:34:53 AM(UTC)
WritenWrong

Originally Posted by: cheesymaid Go to Quoted Post

As for the temp files... I have my Daz temp directory mapped to my Favorites in Windows. I offload files from there into a separate directory whenever I want to preserve them for other purposes, and that other directory is also mapped as a Favorite for easy access. It can clutter up your Windows interface, but that's one solution.

Yup, mapping them isn't the issue, it's concern over the 'GensMaps'; there was nothing like that for Victoria 6 gens.

I have them in favourites so they appear in whatever folder is open; I also add and remove links tempoarily, makes for more efficient swapping.
3feetwolf  
#27 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 8:47:16 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

In addition, I have also noticed that when more than one instance of your genitals in the scene, one of both will render without textures, even though the show up on the model.

You can copy this file from the DS temporary directory and paste it into another folder.
Then modify and save it as a new file.
At this time you can replace the corresponding original texture of new gens with this new texture.
Please note that the new gens may have more than one place with the same original texture, you need to replace one by one.

Or you can use LIE to open the original texture of new gens directly in the DS, to see its hierarchy.
And then in photoshop or GIMP, you can manually put the skin textures of character and new gens templates assembled in accordance with the same hierarchy, then modify and save as a new file.
At last, replace the original texture of new gens according to the previous method.
This way would give you more flexibility.
mjw  
#28 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2015 3:40:52 AM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 124 post(s)

Okay I'm a fool. crazy

I figured it out after looking at the start of your script. var g_IrayPath = getAbsolutePath( "/Shader Presets/Iray/DAZ Uber/!Iray Uber Base.duf" );

I didn't have that file on my system. I didn't know it was a separate install. I thought it was included in the Studio 4.8 install and I haven't needed to use it as the character/clothing products I've bought included iray shaders. (Can you tell I'm a Poser user?). I

That is all very well, but what is meant by 'run the script'? How does one do such a thing, please?
WritenWrong  
#29 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2015 5:03:48 AM(UTC)
WritenWrong

You can copy this file from the DS temporary directory and paste it into another folder.
At this time you can replace the corresponding original texture of new gens with this new texture.
Please note that the new gens may have more than one place with the same original texture, you need to replace one by one.

Or you can use LIE to open the original texture of new gens directly in the DS, to see its hierarchy.
And then in photoshop or GIMP, you can manually put the skin textures of character and new gens templates assembled in accordance with the same hierarchy, then modify and save as a new file.
At last, replace the original texture of new gens according to the previous method.

TY 3fw :)

Got an error using a free Genesis 3 character from Daz Creative; the character is Amy by SilverRaziel.

http://issuu.com/philatdsc/docs/ds_creative_13

Logs:
Loaded image AmyTorsoS_1002.jpg
Loading script: ...Renderotica/People/Genesis 3 Female/Anatomy/New Genitalia For Victoria 7/New Genitalia For Victoria 7.dsa
File loaded in 0 min 0.0 sec.
Loaded file: New Genitalia For Victoria 7.duf
Loaded image AmyTorso_1002.jpg
Saved image: ...AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\GensMapD_88118_1009.dsi
Loaded image GensMapD_88118_1009.dsi
Saved image: ...AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\GensMapD_81046_1009.dsi
Loaded image GensMapD_81046_1009.dsi
Loaded image AmyTorsoSSS_1002.jpg
Saved image: ...AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\GensMapSSS_80333_1009.dsi
WARNING: Script Error: Line 695
WARNING: TypeError: Result of expression 'oProperty' [null] is not an object.
WARNING: Stack Trace:
<anonymous>()@...Renderotica/People/Genesis 3 Female/Anatomy/New Genitalia For Victoria 7/New Genitalia For Victoria 7.dsa:695
Error in script execution: ...Renderotica/People/Genesis 3 Female/Anatomy/New Genitalia For Victoria 7/New Genitalia For Victoria 7.dsa
Loaded image GensMapT1_1009.jpg
Loaded image GensMapT2_1009.jpg
Saved image: ...AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\d371.png
Loaded image GensMapD_1009.jpg
Saved image: ...AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\d370.png

OK, i've started getting that error with all characters. I've not changed anything, but to be sure I deleted and re-installed all files from your product.

I've tried both the original script and the new one you wrote.

EDIT:
Actually a character in the scene works, none of the others I try and load do; it uses: "Daz 3D Library\Runtime\Textures\Raiya\Jeane".
Which is weird as when I load a new genesis 3 default character I get the same error and that model uses the same textures.

Edited by user Saturday, July 25, 2015 5:55:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jogitech  
#30 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2015 5:55:45 AM(UTC)
Jogitech

load first the gensis 3 ground firgur the mark she. now install amy is only head morph. the install textur of 3 deligth or iray. then gen . this have funktion by my with no error
3feetwolf  
#31 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2015 9:15:20 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: mjw Go to Quoted Post

Okay I'm a fool. crazy

That is all very well, but what is meant by 'run the script'? How does one do such a thing, please?

Hi,
When you apply new gens V7 to your character, the file you double-click is called 'New Genitalia For Victoria 7.dsa'.
This .dsa file is a script of DAZ Studio.
So 'run the script' means that apply new gens V7 to the character.
3feetwolf  
#32 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2015 9:23:38 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Got an error using a free Genesis 3 character from Daz Creative; the character is Amy by SilverRaziel.

Logs:
Loading script: ...Renderotica/People/Genesis 3 Female/Anatomy/New Genitalia For Victoria 7/New Genitalia For Victoria 7.dsa
<anonymous>()@...Renderotica/People/Genesis 3 Female/Anatomy/New Genitalia For Victoria 7/New Genitalia For Victoria 7.dsa:695
Error in script execution: ...Renderotica/People/Genesis 3 Female/Anatomy/New Genitalia For Victoria 7/New Genitalia For Victoria 7.dsa

OK, i've started getting that error with all characters. I've not changed anything, but to be sure I deleted and re-installed all files from your product.

EDIT:
Actually a character in the scene works, none of the others I try and load do; it uses: "Daz 3D Library\Runtime\Textures\Raiya\Jeane".
Which is weird as when I load a new genesis 3 default character I get the same error and that model uses the same textures.

All characters? It seems that you met the same problem with Xameva : )
http://www.renderotica.c...&m=117379#post117379
Please check if you have installed Iray Shader.
WritenWrong  
#33 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2015 2:17:05 PM(UTC)
WritenWrong

Logs:

EDIT:

All characters? It seems that you met the same problem with Xameva : )
http://www.renderotica.c...&m=117379#post117379
Please check if you have installed Iray Shader.

LOL I was about to say I've done nothing at all, but I'd renamed to shader folder. :)

Damn me, but customers are idiots. facepalm Well this one is at least.
WritenWrong  
#34 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2015 3:53:15 AM(UTC)
WritenWrong

New character, crashes daz when adding new gens in IRAY, not in 3Dlight.

I made sure it would add to another character and checked that that other character had IRAY in the surfaces section.

http://www.daz3d.com/ill...s-for-genesis-3-female-s

She's hot imo, the new model.

(I also tried the script in the first post and still crashes.)

EDIT
I loaded Genesis 3 default character; loaded the Illicites 3Delight tectures, then used Materials > Victoria 7 Iray and used Ctrl to keep the Illicites textures. It worked that way.

Edited by user Sunday, July 26, 2015 9:44:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nightwolf1982  
#35 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2015 5:48:35 AM(UTC)
nightwolf1982

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Whooo! Just looked at Eva 7's textures, and WOW, somebody did a horrible job of cleaning those up! Totally NOT what I've come to expect from DAZ!

Is there going to be any method for creating our own textures for NGV7? I feel kinda bad always asking for new presets or texture updates, but I totally suck at making them!

Looking forward to the EVA 7 update, by the way ;p
Rockmongrels  
#36 Posted : Sunday, July 26, 2015 11:21:47 AM(UTC)
Rockmongrels

I tried to render in Reality 4.0 and the materials do not match in the render, the skins are not matching the rest of V7. Should I just wait till Reality 4.1? I understand reality 4.0 is not set up for V7 skins yet... I always use Reality because you can adjust lights on the fly, something Iray is not even close too. Ohh BTW I contacted Reality a few days ago about what maps to use in Reality, they said to use the 3delight maps not the Iray maps, if that helps.
TIA
-R confused

Edited by user Sunday, July 26, 2015 6:47:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rockmongrels attached the following image(s):
reality_scene.png
3feetwolf  
#37 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 1:59:13 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

New morph pack has been uploaded : )
3feetwolf  
#38 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 2:00:00 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

New character, crashes daz when adding new gens in IRAY, not in 3Dlight.

I made sure it would add to another character and checked that that other character had IRAY in the surfaces section.

http://www.daz3d.com/ill...s-for-genesis-3-female-s

She's hot imo, the new model.

(I also tried the script in the first post and still crashes.)

EDIT
I loaded Genesis 3 default character; loaded the Illicites 3Delight tectures, then used Materials > Victoria 7 Iray and used Ctrl to keep the Illicites textures. It worked that way.

I have updated the script, please try again.
The main problem of this character is that she uses a temporary texture generated by LIE.
So my script could not recognize this temporary texture correctly.
3feetwolf  
#39 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 2:02:09 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Rockmongrels Go to Quoted Post
I tried to render in Reality 4.0 and the materials do not match in the render, the skins are not matching the rest of V7. Should I just wait till Reality 4.1? I understand reality 4.0 is not set up for V7 skins yet... I always use Reality because you can adjust lights on the fly, something Iray is not even close too. Ohh BTW I contacted Reality a few days ago about what maps to use in Reality, they said to use the 3delight maps not the Iray maps, if that helps.
TIA
-R confused

Hi,
I will do some tests to see what's the problem :)
3feetwolf  
#40 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2015 2:06:37 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: nightwolf1982 Go to Quoted Post
Whooo! Just looked at Eva 7's textures, and WOW, somebody did a horrible job of cleaning those up! Totally NOT what I've come to expect from DAZ!

Is there going to be any method for creating our own textures for NGV7? I feel kinda bad always asking for new presets or texture updates, but I totally suck at making them!

Looking forward to the EVA 7 update, by the way ;p

I have just finished the morphs, still working on Eva 7 update :)
thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
Rockmongrels on 7/27/2015(UTC)