3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Erogenesis  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2015 8:05:21 PM(UTC)
Erogenesis

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Hey guys. Someone asked me to write up a post about how to convert Genesis 2 to make it native Poser CR2... in other words, no DSON. If you hate DSON, this option *might* be for you. The reason why I do it is it gives me more freedom over the figure, I can delete morphs (after unhiding them), save it the way I want, without DSON interfering. Plus DSON always seemed to crash Poser. This might have changed now, but if you have your own reasons for hating DSON then try this method.

No I am not migrating to Genesis haha! I've got Project E and I'm happy with her. But its always good to have more figures as background props, and Genesis male is not too bad.

Warning1: materials? no idea how to convert them yet. You'll still need DSON for that I think, or just do it like me: manually!

Warning2: I just tried to export the M6 gens, and in Poser it seems to be missing his cohones??? I tried both as a base figure and as a conforming figure. No idea why. Would you mind using ULF gens instread?

________________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer

Anyway, the export is a real simple process. Now before I go off telling you the good news, a disclaimer: I have only played around with this briefly. I have very little experience with Genesis and DS compared to Poser. Knowing the love between Poser and DAZ, you're bound to come across issues, so don't come to me if your Poser explodes into little Smith Micro pieces. I'm most likely going to be too busy with other shit. For me it seems ok, but this is at your own risk. Ok?

shades

I have only done this fully with Genesis2 Male, with clothing and that; yes, I have converted the base figure for the female, but not the clothes... (I have project E, I don't need G2F) but I assume its the same for Genesis 2 female. It should theoretically work for her too.

Ok now so, I have done it, and it seems to work. The process is very simple, but you need to make sure everything is tidied up in your runtimes, and you need to make sure you select the right things (you can tell I have experience with helpdesk).

"Listen carefully, I will say this only vonce!!!" sly

________________________________________________________________________________

Runtime location!

This might be the trickiest, runtime structure is not everyone's cup of tea it seems. Anyway, here goes: Anything that you will be exporting from DS will go in a folder under Runtime/Libraries/Character/*Foldername of choice*. But this will be in the SAME runtime as all your other DS content. Why? if you start shifting shit around, Poser will not know where to look for the base geometry and textures. Where your Genesis is stored, make sure it is in that same runtime! My folder is this:

D:/DSContent/Runtime/Libraries/Character/Working Genesis/

Because all my genesis models and textures are in here somewhere: D:/DSContent

Make it now, in fact.

DAZ Studio stuff

Make sure you have DS 4.7! Ok so now there are two separate processes. The processes are similar but there are certain things you need to be sure of as you go along. The two processes are:

1) Exporting the base figure

2) Exporting clothing

1. Exporting G2M base figure:

- Load up G2M
- Apply all the shit you want him to have, like morphs and character shapes (NOT clothes)
- make sure he's zero'ed (this is just a precaution, it might still work posed. But fresh characters will be zero'ed)
- make sure he's selected
- goto: File > Export...
- make sure 'Poser CR2 file' is selected
- go to your 'Working Genesis' folder you made before
- Give it a name and press Save
- Copy these settings:

gen2

- Save it, depending on how big your fella is, this could take a while
- Goto Poser
- in your DSContent character Library look up your 'Working Genesis' folder (maybe refresh)
- Load the motha up!

Now to get SubD to work you need to make sure Figure > Skinning Method > Poser Unimesh. then SubD works (in figure body properties).

2. Exporting G2M clothing

same as with the base figure, except now this:
- Load up G2M first (make sure it has all the character morphs you want the clothing to have)
- then apply the clothing
- select the item you want to export (through one of the TRILLION dropdown menus scattered around DS)
- start the process like with the base figure... File > Export... etc etc
- stop at the little window with export options and copy these settings:

gen1

- Save it, preferably in a separate folder like "Clothing"
- Goto Poser
- look up your new stuff
- Drag and drop it on G2M (who was already in your scene)
- It should work! If not, then the following:

1) you exported the clothing based on an empty G2M, redo the process but this time setup your base G2M properly
2) check the body properties and make sure all the "When Conforming" checkboxes are selected (Include morphs, scales, macth endpoints, follow origins)
3) you sinned and you're getting punished! Go to church. I can't help you!

Now this should also work for G2F. Let me know if it works for you. I'll be around for the next few hours, so if there's anything, I might be able to help. But after that I really need to get on with my work.

cheers for now!
e

Edited by user Sunday, May 3, 2015 11:05:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

______
"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all"
thanks 1 user thanked Erogenesis for this useful post.
dullboy on 5/7/2015(UTC)
Floor13  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 12:58:18 AM(UTC)
Floor13

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Godamit Ero... I've had 3 hours sleep, I need to start making breakfast for 30 host guests, I need to disinfect every surface in the house, I need to clean bodily fluids off lots of floors, I need to work out which of this mountain of toys we keep and which we throw away.

And then I see your post. Grrrrrr.

I'd given up on G2, and now you're trying to suck me back in. I want to sit down and try now, but don't have the time or energy.

Thanks for the info Ero, I'll read it later and try it. I have the tedious job of thumbnail making for a product, this will be a welcome distraction.

S
My CGBytes Store: Use Me
My Renderotique Store: Read Me
My NSFW Renderotica Gallery WARNING!: Obey Me
Facebook for previews: Facials
Twitter for X-Rated previews: Tweet This!
Tumblr: Tumble in the jungle NSFW
Erogenesis  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 1:04:31 AM(UTC)
Erogenesis

Originally Posted by: Floor13 Go to Quoted Post
Godamit Ero... I've had 3 hours sleep, I need to start making breakfast for 30 host guests, I need to disinfect every surface in the house, I need to clean bodily fluids off lots of floors, I need to work out which of this mountain of toys we keep and which we throw away.

And then I see your post. Grrrrrr.

I'd given up on G2, and now you're trying to suck me back in. I want to sit down and try now, but don't have the time or energy.

I love you too Floor baby heart

just give up on genesis, its a piece of sh... lol no that's not fair. Its good but its, rather DS'sy... ahem... I hope this trick helps

Jenne Sistou

Thanks for the info Ero, I'll read it later and try it. I have the tedious job of thumbnail making for a product, this will be a welcome distraction.

S

That sounds all too familiar *slaps head and turns back to rendering comics*

.... oh and Project E. BTW there is some movement in PE regarding store availability *cough I'm just shit scared of dropping news without being absolutely sure of it... stay tuned... ahem!

worry

Edited by user Monday, May 4, 2015 1:16:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

______
"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all"
Floor13  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 4:15:12 AM(UTC)
Floor13

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Erogenesis Go to Quoted Post

.... oh and Project E. BTW there is some movement in PE regarding store availability *cough I'm just shit scared of dropping news without being absolutely sure of it... stay tuned... ahem!

worry

Wow. I'd heard that masturbation affected your eyesight, but I thought that was just for boys.

heart Fingers crossed. I'll hold off on playing with G2, and I'll stop playing with my vagina...

Erm, I meant I'll stop trying to add a vagina to V4 characters. hungover

My CGBytes Store: Use Me
My Renderotique Store: Read Me
My NSFW Renderotica Gallery WARNING!: Obey Me
Facebook for previews: Facials
Twitter for X-Rated previews: Tweet This!
Tumblr: Tumble in the jungle NSFW
contedesfees  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 9:57:48 PM(UTC)
contedesfees

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Thanks, Ero, you've been wonderfully generous with your time.

facepalm
revbayes  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 12:15:16 AM(UTC)
revbayes

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Warning2: I just tried to export the M6 gens, and in Poser it seems to be missing his cohones??? I tried both as a base figure and as a conforming figure. No idea why. Would you mind using ULF gens instread?

The geometry checked out fine. Got to be something in the CR2 itself. This is one case where I'd say it was ok to use a straight export of M6 while using DSON to get the gens into Poser. Seems to work ok.
Schrödinger's cat looked at himself and promptly collapsed.
Poison  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 7:47:08 AM(UTC)
Poison

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Quote:

Here is the trick to get your cohones back :)

-Start a new DS4 scene, add the male genital;
-Select the "Testes" bone;
-Select the Joint Editor Tool (Alt+Shift+J on PC)
-Right click over the select bone on the viewport;
-On the popup menu select "Edit > Rename Node";
-Replace both "Testes" with "testes". Accept it.
-Export the figure as described on this thread.

IOW, it's just a capitalization problem and all you need to do is rename the testicles bone.

The origin of this problem is in the DUF file that loads the figure, that uses a wrong capitalization to define the figure.

DS4 is the future.
gazukull  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:13:16 AM(UTC)
gazukull

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have been doing this method for some time now and using Lali's vag on G2F and using Ulfgens on G2M (I just prefer it, the g2m dong exported fine).

Could you share how to do the unhiding of the hidden morphs, I just need the "other" category. :)

Also, I just use the V4 / M4 UV set and maps. Daz has a script in there store that does the applying of a poser mat to a G2 figure... super handy!
Erogenesis  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:25:17 AM(UTC)
Erogenesis

Wow. I'd heard that masturbation affected your eyesight, but I thought that was just for boys.

no, the priest always told me it affected the size of something else baaa
heart Fingers crossed. I'll hold off on playing with G2, and I'll stop playing with my vagina...

flapper

Erm, I meant I'll stop trying to add a vagina to V4 characters. hungover

wtf noooo it was just getting fun!!!

Originally Posted by: revbayes Go to Quoted Post

The geometry checked out fine. Got to be something in the CR2 itself. This is one case where I'd say it was ok to use a straight export of M6 while using DSON to get the gens into Poser. Seems to work ok.

Hey maybe we should ask GrandMeistro Poison to take a look at this...

... well what do you know!!!:

Originally Posted by: Poison Go to Quoted Post
Quote:

Here is the trick to get your cohones back :)

A man from South America just told me how I can get my cohones back!

wha

(lol thanks senior Poison! I'm such a Pendejo I should have known that actually, about the capitalization. Makes total sense.)

Originally Posted by: gazukull Go to Quoted Post
I have been doing this method for some time now and using Lali's vag on G2F and using Ulfgens on G2M (I just prefer it, the g2m dong exported fine).

Could you share how to do the unhiding of the hidden morphs, I just need the "other" category. :)

Also, I just use the V4 / M4 UV set and maps. Daz has a script in there store that does the applying of a poser mat to a G2 figure... super handy!

Respect my man! the way to unhide shit is with Snarlygribbly's Python plugin for poser called 'Scene Fixer'. Anyone have the link? (too lazy to find it). its a brilliant item to have for Poser, you can do a lot with it! They should pay the dude millions for it!

I also have good news, I JUST managed to find out how to transfer V4 maps to Project E! Things are looking up now.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:29:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: because I'm a pendejo

______
gazukull  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:35:50 AM(UTC)
gazukull

Got the script thanks! Actually I already had it, I just did not apply it (oooops...)

If DazStudio could get it's pipeline to Octane worked out OR make Iray as good as Octane, I would probably switch full time I think. The clothing instafit with little to no zbrush work is giving me envy big time.

With doing about 10k frames of animation per title, the Poser -> Octane pipeline is invaluable.

Poison  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:39:05 AM(UTC)
Poison

Quote:
A man from South America just told me how I can get my cohones back!

I also can teach voodoo if you want ...
Quote:
I JUST managed to find out how to transfer V4 maps to Project E!

as you learn the miracles that a good text editor can do.
derp
...i hate to use emoticons...
DS4 is the future.
Erogenesis  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:39:50 AM(UTC)
Erogenesis

With doing about 10k frames of animation per title, the Poser -> Octane pipeline is invaluable.

do you need to set up mats per frame of can you save presets?

why not just use firefly? its so much faster!

______
Erogenesis  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:43:10 AM(UTC)
Erogenesis

I also can teach voodoo if you want ...

we have black magic where I live, I wonder which is more powerful!

Quote:
I JUST managed to find out how to transfer V4 maps to Project E!

as you learn the miracles that a good text editor can do.

are you kidding? I was about to break out the visual studio!!!

______
gazukull  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:46:23 AM(UTC)
gazukull

do you need to set up mats per frame of can you save presets?

why not just use firefly? its so much faster!

Actually, all materials are handled in Octane... So yeah, when you open a PZ3 and push it to Octane it is all done in there. Most of my scenes in poser are just white figures with maybe red lips and black pupils to see where they are looking :)

Firefly speed lol!!!!!!!!!
Erogenesis  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:48:38 AM(UTC)
Erogenesis

something tells me I'm missing something?????????

wha
______
Poison  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:55:38 AM(UTC)
Poison

wrote:

I don´t know, but voodoo looks better to Hollywood producers, for sure.

Quote:

You should know that a genius like you should not waste your time with these issues. I'm always here to help you on dirty jobs ...

DS4 is the future.
gazukull  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:59:26 AM(UTC)
gazukull

something tells me I'm missing something?????????

wha

I know we have chatted about this before - but a frame on 1080p under Octane with my infratructure is about 45 seconds of render:

45 seconds to render

If we could get DazStudio with that sort of performance... I guess the Octane plug for DS doesn't do network render nor out of core... but if they get that working I would jump ship :) I think I would miss the dynamic hair and even the soft body...

Erogenesis  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 10:04:13 AM(UTC)
Erogenesis

wrote:

I don´t know, but voodoo looks better to Hollywood producers, for sure.

that is because none of those producers dare set foot in afrikaaaa!!! bite - rawr!

Quote:

You should know that a genius like you should not waste your time with these issues. I'm always here to help you on dirty jobs ...

...said another genious...

My people will contact your people!

cool

... which might make a lot of other people very happy....

Edited by user Wednesday, May 6, 2015 10:08:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

______
Erogenesis  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 10:14:47 AM(UTC)
Erogenesis

I know we have chatted about this before - but a frame on 1080p under Octane with my infratructure is about 45 seconds of render:

45 seconds to render THAT??? hm. But how long does it take for you to set up the mats in that scene? or can you make octane remember a specific character's mats? have they sorted out displacement maps yet?

I think I would miss the dynamic hair and even the soft body...

yeah someone recently sed that you use the hair room. Respect! But also soft body? I tried it a few times, I found it easier just to morph it... or has it improved?
______
Poison  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 10:16:43 AM(UTC)
Poison

Quote:
that is because none of those producers dare set foot in afrika

Haiti is not better ...

@gazukull
so you are using an impressive system... 45 seconds, 1080 px , this quality ... even with octane is a great performance.

I'm an old Octane DS plugin user. It development is actually stucked, but I like it and I have great results with it.

The question here is not if you can render using OcDS plugin. If you are working with animation you must stay with Poser, DS4 has a very poor animation tool.
DS4 is the future.