Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Erotipixels  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 12:55:41 PM(UTC)
Erotipixels

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

Golden Palace G3F update not working because of a missing default.dsf file. I get a warning message when I try to attach the Golden Palace Gens to the G3F figure. I've got the Golden Palace G8F gens as required and this file does exist in that folder but does not seem to have been included with the G3F Golden Palace zip. I've even tried copying the "default.dsf" from the G8F data folder location to the path indicated in the missing file warning box (as shown in the attached image) but this doesn't work either. All files do appear to be installed in the exact path in my Daz 3D Library as indicated in the unzipped G3F Golden Palace folder and the warning message box.

What am I doing wrong?

nightwolf1982  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 12:37:17 AM(UTC)
nightwolf1982

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 55 post(s)
It looks like you need to do a clean install of both Golden Palace G8F and the update. The error message is pointing to an older directory, "goldenpalace_genitalia"; it should be pointing to "goldenpalace_genitalia_v2", which is the directory for the newest version of GP.
thanks 1 user thanked nightwolf1982 for this useful post.
Meipe on 2/7/2019(UTC)
Erotipixels  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 10:28:26 AM(UTC)
Erotipixels

OK, maybe I'm not getting it but I've installed the GP G8F Update exactly on the path indicated by the unzipped file location as shown by the screen shot. So, if I'm reading your message right, that's not the correct path?
Meipe  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 2:02:02 PM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 1233 time(s) in 614 post(s)
I think the problem is that one of the zips been deleted by mistake from the store, so DS can't find this file anymore. I'll contact the store to fix that.

In the meantime you should be able to fix that manually:

copy this file:

\data\Meipex\GoldenPalace\GoldenPalace_Genitalia_v2\UV Sets\Meipex\Base\default.dsf

to this directory (you'll have to create it, it's the directory DS is looking for, the one in the popup box):

\data\Meipex\GoldenPalace\GoldenPalace_Genitalia\UV Sets\Meipex\Base
Erotipixels  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 10:25:56 AM(UTC)
Erotipixels

Thank you. I had a feeling it was a glitch. I'll give your fix a try when I've got a some time to work on it.
haruchai  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 23, 2019 2:28:00 PM(UTC)
haruchai

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 58 post(s)

Hi,

Thanks for the update, I couldn't get it work initially but it turns out I didn't have the latest G8F version downloaded.

Edited by user Saturday, February 23, 2019 2:39:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TrisG  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 1:26:12 PM(UTC)
TrisG

hi there
Wanna have some fun? - I bought the golden palace for g3 as update from g8 yesterday. In my case it was just the other way round: DAZ couldn't find the directory ...gp_genitalia_v2... - No wonder, there was not such a directory. But the other one was there - the one without the "...v2" - I copied and pasted this directory and changed the name of the copied dir in "...v2..." (practically the same meipe suggested above the other way round) - and it works.. :-)