Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
isaac3d  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2019 12:00:00 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

In my scene I have two characters (G8f) both have Lickalicious tongue applied exactly as instructed in the manual.

One renders normally but the other renders white, no matter what I do. I have tried deleting the second Lickalicious tongue and reapplying it (as per the instructions) but the problem persists: one tongue works fine the second is always white.

The problem persists even if I don't apply the LCK_pose_shader to the second tongue. The tongue is slightly translucent white in the Viewport view but always renders white.

Thunder-3D  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2019 12:17:22 PM(UTC)
Thunder-3D

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 158 post(s)

Originally Posted by: isaac3d Go to Quoted Post

In my scene I have two characters (G8f) both have Lickalicious tongue applied exactly as instructed in the manual.

One renders normally but the other renders white, no matter what I do. I have tried deleting the second Lickalicious tongue and reapplying it (as per the instructions) but the problem persists: one tongue works fine the second is always white.

The problem persists even if I don't apply the LCK_pose_shader to the second tongue. The tongue is slightly translucent white in the Viewport view but always renders white.

If it's rendering white, you probably have multiple geoshells applied to the figure. Try applying the "shell fix" to the geoshells, they can be found in the main Lickalicious folder :)

thanks 1 user thanked Thunder-3D for this useful post.
ProtocolZero on 4/7/2019(UTC)
billyben  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2019 2:21:10 PM(UTC)
billyben

Was thanked: 1504 time(s) in 1278 post(s)

Yep, that's the dreaded goeshell disease courtesy fo DAZ Studio.  DS has an issue with multiple geoshells.  Meipe has provided a fix for the dreaded geoshell disease.  You will find them listed in the GP, Headlights, and Lickalicious folders.  There is a buttin in all three folders names "Shell Fix"  When you have the issue, go to the scene tab and highlight either the GoldenPalace Shell or the Headlights Shell (or the NGV8 color shell if you have NGV8 installed) then double click on one of the Shell Fix buttons.  If you only have Lickalicious on the models, there shouldn't be an issue but if you have GP, Headlights and/or 3feetwolf's NGV8 installed then Lickalicions will go white usually along with the other items that have a geoshell on the same model.  It usually only happens with 2 or 3 items on the same model, not a single item on two different models.  HTH

Bill
I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused
thanks 2 users thanked billyben for this useful post.
ProtocolZero on 4/7/2019(UTC), Meipe on 4/12/2019(UTC)