14 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bbsakura90  
#61 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2019 8:57:49 AM(UTC)
bbsakura90

Hi. i tried to apply the New Gens for a genesis 8 female. But it gave me an error saying that it failed to apply to the character. Some help pls. Thanks

simontemplar  
#62 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2019 12:48:37 PM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)
The first thing to do is making sure that your character is selected. At root level. Then you can double-click the gens icon to load it up on her.
"That was fun. Let's do it again."
deathD58  
#63 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 12:05:13 PM(UTC)
deathD58

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Haddixx44 Go to Quoted Post

2. Moved the figure to the following location (X = -9726, Y = 724.24, Z = -3315, Yrotation = 122.12).  Rerendered and the problem appears.  

Why would it be location dependent?  That makes no sense to me.

This is a known iray bug. The farther from center you get, the more wonky the renders get. Remember seeing it in daz forums.

I am also having the issue with the popup message saying failed to apply to the character . I recently had to reinstall OS, and of course DS with it. Thankfully, my libraries are on a different hard drive, so did not have to reinstall that as well! At first I thought the issue was because I was using beta, but I am still getting the popup on 4.10.123 now.

Log says this:
2019-03-30 13:44:45.081 Loading script: E:/G8F/People/Genesis 8 Female/Anatomy/!!New Genitalia For Victoria 8/New Genitalia For Victoria 8.dsa

2019-03-30 13:44:50.045 Script executed successfully: E:/G8F/People/Genesis 8 Female/Anatomy/!!New Genitalia For Victoria 8/New Genitalia For Victoria 8.dsa

2019-03-30 13:45:39.806 Loading script: E:/G8F/People/Genesis 8 Female/Anatomy/!!New Genitalia For Victoria 8/New Genitalia For Victoria 8.dsa

2019-03-30 13:45:42.716 Script executed successfully: E:/G8F/People/Genesis 8 Female/Anatomy/!!New Genitalia For Victoria 8/New Genitalia For Victoria 8.dsa

2019-03-30 13:45:45.854 WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 8 unknown for DzActionMgr)

OK, this is retarded. I just on a whim decided to try and reinstall newgen it where it was, and give it a go. That worked. Why it worked, I have no idea. It sounded like a dumb idea lol. I guess my issue is solved for the time being :D 

Edited by user Saturday, March 30, 2019 10:04:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

WritenWrong  
#64 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2019 1:44:38 PM(UTC)
WritenWrong

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Cheers for the free update
beam95  
#65 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 6:32:14 PM(UTC)
beam95

(Reposting this to the "Official Support Thread")

After running 00 - Customize genitalia for current character' on P3D's Libby character,

I wait for it to complete all 6 maps.

However when I try to apply the new gen I get the error:

This character doesn't have genitalia textures.

Please run 'Customized genitalia for current character' first.

I've tried restarting and rerunning the customizer, but nothing has worked so far.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

2_good_2_be  
#66 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2019 12:11:06 PM(UTC)
2_good_2_be

Hi

I need help.

My NVG8 has been working great.

But suddenly the underlaying texture from the G8F doesn't hide when I press the "update script" or  Expansion pack script (same result). So it's basically "poke" through the NGV8.

Guess it's something simple that I need to do. 

Thanks

Seven-ol  
#67 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2019 3:54:18 AM(UTC)
Seven-ol

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)

A big thank you for the NGV8 update and the neat HD nipples addon !

It's great to have real competition on these essential parts !

It's nice to see you back also.

Anyway I'l still struggling with geoshell layers interfering, specifically for wet or dirty Gen8 bodies. This also applies to Meipe products ....

I'm dreaming of a "simple universal shell fix system...

simontemplar  
#68 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2019 4:20:45 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Originally Posted by: yvesab Go to Quoted Post

Anyway I'l still struggling with geoshell layers interfering, specifically for wet or dirty Gen8 bodies. This also applies to Meipe products ....

The only way so far to solve this is te tick off the visibility of the interfering shell on the specific body part where it annoys you. It works well for me.

cervcity  
#69 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 3:39:32 AM(UTC)
cervcity

Hi all

I have this issue, when I apply the NGV8 to the selected character, the original materials get copied apparently just fine (in the texture shaded view), but if I try the IRAY view this is the result. I checked the genitals surfaces tab, and all maps and settings match exactly the "torso" maps. Even if I try to update the materials with the specially provided icon it won't help.

All of this happens only with the "Aurore G8" character (www.daz3d.com/aurore-for-genesis-3-and-8-female), NGV8 works just fine on other characters. 

Aurore comes with 3 different skin tones, but I double checked several times and I repeat, the diffuse map of the genitals matches the one of the torso, as well as all other maps.

Oh, and the NGV8 Expansion Pack makes it even worse, as the brown color will involve abdomen, back, glutes and legs.

I am pretty new at this, so I'd be very grateful if someone could help me out. Cheers

EDIT: Found the issue. The Reflectance Tint parameter, for some reason, had the limits active set to a range of 0-1, while the original textures required to have it up to 3. Changed the reflectance color to match the torso texture one, and the problem disappeared.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 12, 2019 2:04:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: SOLVED

FuegoAhegao3dx  
#70 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 8:55:10 PM(UTC)
FuegoAhegao3dx

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 6 post(s)

Thank You! I was having this same problem! A lot of people neglect to follow up after finding a fix.

Originally Posted by: cervcity Go to Quoted Post

Hi all

I have this issue, when I apply the NGV8 to the selected character, the original materials get copied apparently just fine (in the texture shaded view), but if I try the IRAY view this is the result. I checked the genitals surfaces tab, and all maps and settings match exactly the "torso" maps. Even if I try to update the materials with the specially provided icon it won't help.

All of this happens only with the "Aurore G8" character (www.daz3d.com/aurore-for-genesis-3-and-8-female), NGV8 works just fine on other characters. 

Aurore comes with 3 different skin tones, but I double checked several times and I repeat, the diffuse map of the genitals matches the one of the torso, as well as all other maps.

Oh, and the NGV8 Expansion Pack makes it even worse, as the brown color will involve abdomen, back, glutes and legs.

I am pretty new at this, so I'd be very grateful if someone could help me out. Cheers

EDIT: Found the issue. The Reflectance Tint parameter, for some reason, had the limits active set to a range of 0-1, while the original textures required to have it up to 3. Changed the reflectance color to match the torso texture one, and the problem disappeared.

mjw  
#71 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2019 10:43:00 AM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 124 post(s)

I expect that this has been explained, but I have problems with others' pubic hair and with LIEs such as dirty textures. They apply fine to the character, but not the NGV8. 

I attach an image of the problem (no pubic hair) as this is most common. Otherwise NGV8 works fine for my rendering. I can't work ut how to place an image so gallery item at https://www.renderotica.com/sys/GetGalleryItem.ashx?ID=bf0fa732-af33-4992-a5e2-cad0d634a69b&FORMAT=Large

Thanks.

BrotherHades  
#72 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2019 12:44:32 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 296 time(s) in 236 post(s)

mjw

You will probably have to manually apply the LIE texture as most presets are set to apply to specific surfaces. Likely when you are applying the preset it is not seeing or ignoring New Gens because the surfaces are not matched ie There is no Genitalia Surface or Anus Surface on G8F by default so a full body or partial body material preset will not have these surfaces for it apply to. And while New Gens is set to use the torso texture map, the main surfaces on New Gens are named differently so most presets will not apply to New Gens automatically.

You can try running the Update materials of New Gens script after applying the LIE preset to the skin (I don't know if it will work though as I'm not sure if the LIE presets actually change the torso texture map in the Daz Temp files or if the LIE preset just creates an overlay in Daz Studio, so I'm not sure if the script will update the torso from a LIE enabled temporary texture or just apply from the base torso settings sans LIE.) Another option may be to apply the LIE preset, go to G8F's torso surface, and copy the torso, then paste that on the Genitalia surface of New Gens.   

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
mjw on 11/7/2019(UTC)
mjw  
#73 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 7:57:34 AM(UTC)
mjw

Thanks BrotherHades, but I can't get that to change anything.
BrotherHades  
#74 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 9:28:05 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Drat, I had hoped the suggestions would work for you. The only other option I know of would be going to surfaces for the new gens and manually applying the LIE texture, like I said the Genitalia surface is mapped to use the G8F torso map, so you should be able to open the genitalia under surfaces, go to the diffuse channel click on the little square with the map, click on Layered Image Editor, Under the layers click the + then Add layer, then making sure you have the new layer selected browse to the texture map for the Dirty Textures for the torso, select it and then reposition it if necessary. After you are satisfied with positioning and blend mode, press accept and you should have the Dirty texture LIE overlay working with New Gens

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
mjw on 11/9/2019(UTC)
mjw  
#75 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2019 5:18:59 PM(UTC)
mjw

BrotherHades,
I think I have tried that, but been unable to find base textures. Then it seems I cannot add a new LIE. It also seems to be the case that in some situations I cannot switch off the original texture....
These things are sent to try us.
BrotherHades  
#76 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 11:50:23 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

As for location of the base LIE textures short of the default My Library/Runtime/Textures/Vendor/Product folder setup I can't help much.

hansolocambo  
#77 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2020 4:04:02 AM(UTC)
hansolocambo

Hi everyone, Hi 3feetwolf ;)

I've been using New Gens for Victoria 8 for a very long time. Never have issues.
But I'm facing something really weird right now and I hope you'll come up with an idea of the reason why, and even better : a possible solution ;)

1/ How it happened :
If I have multiple characters in a scene, I usually apply the Genitalia on each Genesis : one by one. Today I tried to select all of my 3 Genesis8 females in the Scene + the Parameters Tab. Thinking I'll have 1 Genitalia on each in with just 1 click on the script. And then textures should update the genitalia according to their respective G8. It didn't work. Only one Genesis got its Genitalia. No big deal... but now comes trouble.

2/ Issue :
Since I did that, 2 out of the 3 Genesis 8 Females won't receive New Genitalia for Victoria 8. The scripts tells me the usual "please select a G3 or G8" as if I selected something else than the root of a character. But : I can still apply to all 3 Genesis : the official DAZ Genitals or Golden Palace and most scripts, like if everything was fine. But some other scripts (New Genitalia, Ultimate iRay Skin Manager, ect) recognize only 1 out of the 3 Genesis as actually being a Genesis ! 

So I guess that of course I could export the poses, save somehow my custom clothes, skin parameters, etc. etc. And redo the scene from scratch loading 3 new Genesis female then merging poses, props, etc. .... but it's gonna take forever and it won't explain what's happening now since I tried applying the Genitalia to multiple Females in 1 go. 

How to reproduce the bug : A. Ctrl+Select 3 Genesis 8 Females in the Scene Tab / B. Select all three Genesis also in The Parameters Tab / C. Apply The Genitalia for Victoria 8.

It's very weird. Never experienced that before. Any idea or solution would be very much welcomed ! :)

SCENE Attached to this message : I stripped the scene from everything but the 3 Genesis 8 Females. File attached as a .zip to this message. This way you can test and see by yourself. Hope it'll help.

Edited by user Saturday, August 15, 2020 11:50:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
New Genitalia For Victoria 8_Bug.zip (2,149kb) downloaded 28 time(s).
nabob212  
#78 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 2:12:04 PM(UTC)
nabob212

Hello,

It seems that NGV8 will not install on the new Genesis 8.1 character because it doesn't recognize it. Does anyone know if there will be an update, or if there is a work around for this?

simontemplar  
#79 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 2:38:18 PM(UTC)
simontemplar

That might get a bit dicey. Ideally, 3feetwolf himself could have fixed that but we haven't have win d of him for ages, to the point I even worry for him.
If anyone who's good with scripting can look under the hood, I guess it could be fixable.
BrimstoneOmega  
#80 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2021 4:49:26 PM(UTC)
BrimstoneOmega

Was thanked: 125 time(s) in 86 post(s)

Originally Posted by: simontemplar Go to Quoted Post
That might get a bit dicey. Ideally, 3feetwolf himself could have fixed that but we haven't have win d of him for ages, to the point I even worry for him.
If anyone who's good with scripting can look under the hood, I guess it could be fixable.

Yeah, I've been wondering about their well being myself. Hopefully, everything is okay.