41 Pages«<394041
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
matt  
#801 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 7:23:34 PM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 211 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Gnostic85 Go to Quoted Post
It's been a month and nobody answered my question...

I don't think it matters the order that they're unzipped, as long as they all end up where they should.

And I have no idea where 3feetwolf has been. 

Haxneliel  
#802 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2018 9:00:53 PM(UTC)
Haxneliel

The issue Im having when loading the genitalia is that doesnt hide the base geometry, it just overlaps. Look at the attached picture.

UPDATE from 3feetwolf:

This issue usually means your current actived tool is not 'Node Selection Tool'. So you just need to switch the current actived tool to 'Node Selection Tool', then the problem solved. 

Edited by user Tuesday, January 1, 2019 11:18:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Support my Adult VideoGame Development and VR
https://goo.gl/4Y5a4k
simontemplar  
#803 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 9:06:17 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)
I use NGV7 a lot myself. When you want to use it, it's important that your human figure's root be selected in your scene. Usually works for me.
"That was fun. Let's do it again."
DarkEscence  
#804 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2019 12:24:10 PM(UTC)
DarkEscence

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)

I just purchased the New Gens for V7 and I have a question I have not yet found an answer to on this forum. I use Daz studio 4.10 however in the download there are 5 files.

3feetwolf_NewGenitaliaForVictoria7_DS4-9-3-166

3feetwolf_NewGenitaliaForVictoria7UPDATE

Update_20170213

Update_20170423

Update_for_G8F

Now the readme in the DS4-9-3-166 says that is only for that version of daz studio, but since I use 4.10 is that version backwards compatible so I install it since I am using a newer version of daz?

If I do need to install the 4.9.3.166 do I still need to install the UPDATE version and do I do that before after the above?

What about the other Updates and the G8F version do I install those as well?

Basically, I guess I use 4.10 daz studio and need to know which ones I need to install and in what order

Thanks in advance. 

Those that will sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither. - Benjamin Franklin
Darksoul3D  
#805 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 2:11:15 PM(UTC)
Darksoul3D

Hi 3feetwolf,

I have just started using caymen studio's UV utility on G3.  in particular I'm using a V4 texture on G3.

However I want to use new gen in combination with this product but New Gen requires a V4 uv set, to be able to correctly map the Torso etc

Is there such a UV set available as an update.?

Cheers,

DS3D.

Darksoul3D  
#806 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:12:31 AM(UTC)
Darksoul3D

Aha,

I see that there is a V4 UV set on the very 1st page of this thread.

Thank you very much.

DS3D.

jee75  
#807 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 1:12:19 AM(UTC)
jee75

Hello. This is my first time posting on this forum. I purchased this NGFV7 a while back, and only now am I testing it out. I'm a DAZ Studio newbie so please help me out with these problems.

I see that 3feetwolf has released several updates to this product. I think the naming scheme for the updates could be clearer, just so we know in what order to install these. My first question is, in what order do I install these folders? Is this the correct order?

01 - 3feetwolf_NewGenitaliaForVictoria7UPDATE

02 - Update_20170213

03 - 3feetwolf_NewGenitaliaForVictoria7_DS4-9-3-166

04 - Update_20170423

Secondly, I get an error message no matter what I do when I try to apply the new gen.

"You need to install the update package for this UV (Victoria 7)"

The script didn't do anything for me. I just get:

"Failed to update the script!"

Is the problem that I am applying this to Victoria 7 HD? Is this product not compatible with the HD version?

In advance, thank you.

Edited by user Monday, September 9, 2019 1:21:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Zanussi  
#808 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2020 3:28:26 PM(UTC)
Zanussi

Awesome add on, love it, one problem though: my main girl Summer 7 is getting awful jealous at the attention her sisters are getting! Got my 5 bucks ready if you put up one for her.

Couple of hints for fellow users:

You cannot mess with the installation directories unless you edit the scripts for this product, I routinely move my stuff around, for instance re-naming directories, it will cause the errors often mentioned like "Failed to update the Script!" and V shaped artefacts over the figure. I put them back to standard and all works great.

Got my vote 3feetwolf.
Frustrated wanna-be artist finding solace in computer assisted drawing and painting.
deathD58  
#809 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 10:40:45 AM(UTC)
deathD58

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Damn, my problem came back. I recently did a full reinstall of my g8f library from scratch, including the newgen. Now every time I try to add it to a g8f, I get that vague popup, and no errors in the log at all to troubleshoot with.

2020-07-08 12:27:26.718 Loading script: E:/G8F New/People/Genesis 8 Female/Anatomy/!!New Genitalia For Victoria 8/New Genitalia For Victoria 8.dsa
2020-07-08 12:29:08.214 Script executed successfully: E:/G8F New/People/Genesis 8 Female/Anatomy/!!New Genitalia For Victoria 8/New Genitalia For Victoria 8.dsa

Katsuyaki  
#810 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2021 1:50:43 AM(UTC)
Katsuyaki

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)

I've had New Gens for V7 and its expansions for quite a while, but only just got around to actually using it. Great product, but one thing that was immediately noticeable was that DAZ HD morphs don't work with it, as far as I can tell. When the HD morphs are active, you can clearly see the outline of the New Gens figure. There's the whole rest of the G3F figure with all this lovely sculpted detail covering every last inch of its surface -- and then there's this big flat area with no sculpted detail where the New Gens figure is. This is a huge drawback for me, because I love the added realism that the HD morphs provide. It's basically a situation of use one or the other, but not both -- or is it? Is there any way to the two to work together? I'm still reading through the thread, so if the answer is already in here, I haven't found it yet. Thanks for any help you can provide with this. Later...

BrotherHades  
#811 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2021 11:41:56 AM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 296 time(s) in 236 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Katsuyaki Go to Quoted Post

I've had New Gens for V7 and its expansions for quite a while, but only just got around to actually using it. Great product, but one thing that was immediately noticeable was that DAZ HD morphs don't work with it, as far as I can tell. When the HD morphs are active, you can clearly see the outline of the New Gens figure. There's the whole rest of the G3F figure with all this lovely sculpted detail covering every last inch of its surface -- and then there's this big flat area with no sculpted detail where the New Gens figure is. This is a huge drawback for me, because I love the added realism that the HD morphs provide. It's basically a situation of use one or the other, but not both -- or is it? Is there any way to the two to work together? I'm still reading through the thread, so if the answer is already in here, I haven't found it yet. Thanks for any help you can provide with this. Later...

Sadly HD Morphs won't work with grafts at all, and Daz keeps the tools needed to adapt a graft to use HD morphs to their PAs only. So until Daz releases the tools to make HD morphs to third party vendors, it is either use HD morphs or use Grafts, not both. So far whenever releasing the HD tools is brought up in the forums Daz's reply has been they are not needed by users.

thanks 1 user thanked BrotherHades for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 12/16/2021(UTC)
Katsuyaki  
#812 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2021 5:17:37 PM(UTC)
Katsuyaki

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)

Originally Posted by: BrotherHades Go to Quoted Post

Sadly HD Morphs won't work with grafts at all, and Daz keeps the tools needed to adapt a graft to use HD morphs to their PAs only. So until Daz releases the tools to make HD morphs to third party vendors, it is either use HD morphs or use Grafts, not both. So far whenever releasing the HD tools is brought up in the forums Daz's reply has been they are not needed by users.

Yeah, I thought that's how it was, but I wasn't sure. O.K., thanks for the quick answer. Later...

RenderoticaChu  
#813 Posted : Saturday, March 23, 2024 11:55:54 AM(UTC)
RenderoticaChu

Hello,

I tried to make a custom morph through Blender, I successfully reimport it back through Morph Loader Pro, but it becomes something like this:

Looks like it's scaling the whole thing, but I didn't change its scales or anything, apart from the 1% when export from Daz to Blender and 100 from Blender to Daz, could you or somebody please be so kind telling me where did I do wrong? Much appreciated!

3feetwolf  
#814 Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2024 5:11:24 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 254 time(s) in 140 post(s)

Originally Posted by: RenderoticaChu Go to Quoted Post

Hello,

I tried to make a custom morph through Blender, I successfully reimport it back through Morph Loader Pro, but it becomes something like this:

Looks like it's scaling the whole thing, but I didn't change its scales or anything, apart from the 1% when export from Daz to Blender and 100 from Blender to Daz, could you or somebody please be so kind telling me where did I do wrong? Much appreciated!

Hi, 

I think there is nothing wrong with your setup. Have you selected "Daz Studio (1 unit = 1cm)" when using Morph Loader Pro?