Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
krakenjuice  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 12:25:47 AM(UTC)
krakenjuice

I'm using a G8 female model (current version of Daz), many of the Director's cut G8 poses create deformations (like the waist being crunched unrealistically or a ridge running along the perineum).  Somehow, these models can be applied to G3 female models and still work, and don't create these deformations. 

Is it user error (ie. is there a setting I am not applying)? Is anyone else experiencing that?

2scoops5  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 6:16:35 AM(UTC)
2scoops5

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Might help to know the character morph you're using, whether or not the deformations appear on just the base G8F shape and also post a screenshot of the problem in order to evaluate.
thanks 1 user thanked 2scoops5 for this useful post.
krakenjuice on 12/14/2018(UTC)
krakenjuice  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 7:44:06 AM(UTC)
krakenjuice

I hosted three images on a google drive https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Qu_O9bArfmDTIa2xfVnx9QBcPS3CQtwM?usp=sharing  (not sure how to embed inline here) 

This was with basic G8 from Daz (same thing happened with all the other G8 figures I have, including V8, Gia 8, Steph 8, charlotte 8  ). It occurs in many but not all of the Layla G8 Director's cut (pretty much any that aren't standing straight up). It seems to works fine with G3 base and the few g3 models I tested. The pictures listed are poses Layla's director's cut G8 bj 01F and 04F applied to G8 base model.

Edited by user Friday, December 14, 2018 7:47:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Absinthe  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 11:12:16 AM(UTC)
Absinthe

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 103 post(s)

Originally Posted by: krakenjuice Go to Quoted Post

I hosted three images on a google drive https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Qu_O9bArfmDTIa2xfVnx9QBcPS3CQtwM?usp=sharing  (not sure how to embed inline here) 

This was with basic G8 from Daz (same thing happened with all the other G8 figures I have, including V8, Gia 8, Steph 8, charlotte 8  ). It occurs in many but not all of the Layla G8 Director's cut (pretty much any that aren't standing straight up). It seems to works fine with G3 base and the few g3 models I tested. The pictures listed are poses Layla's director's cut G8 bj 01F and 04F applied to G8 base model.

here is how to attach images

Edited by user Friday, December 14, 2018 11:17:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Absinthe attached the following image(s):
images.jpg
images2.jpg
thanks 1 user thanked Absinthe for this useful post.
krakenjuice on 12/14/2018(UTC)
krakenjuice  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 5:32:54 PM(UTC)
krakenjuice

here are the pics

krakenjuice attached the following image(s):
g8 bj 04f front.png
g8 bj 04f.png
g8 bj 01f.png
diogenese19348  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2018 5:29:22 PM(UTC)
diogenese19348

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I ran into this type of thing with G8. In my case the chest distorts when either the upper abdomen or lower chest is bent forward. It probably isn't the pose set though, if you can replicate the problem with standard genesis 8 and just moving one body part you can isolate the problem. My question would be, what are you using for genitals? If you have any applied I'd try the pose it no genitals geografted. If you don't get the distortion that way it narrows it down to what's causing it. If you still get it, something isn't right in your gene pool for G8.
They make clothes for V4? Why??
Layla  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2018 11:11:00 AM(UTC)
Layla

Hi, thank you for bringing this issue to my attention.

What exact Director's Cut Poses are you experiencing this issue with? Is it a specific chapter in the series or do you get this with all of the Director's Cut Poses?

If you get this with all of the poses I recommend reinstalling Daz with default settings and trying again (or trying on a different computer to establish where the issue lies).

I've tested these poses and don't seem to get any of these issues - could you please provide me with following information:

• Version of Daz3D that you're using
  • Custom Morphs that are active on the Genesis figure that you are applying the poses to

Even though I'm not familiar with this issue please try the following, it might work:

• Zero Figure Shape ( Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure Shape)
  • Zero other parameters, create new scenes, load new figure and try to apply the poses again

Also, there are people on the official Daz3D forums who seem to experience similar issues, please check these forum threads for a possible solution:

• https://direct.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/218861/weird-deform-after-applying-pose
  • https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/268661/genesis-3-gets-deformed-when-posing

I hope this was helpful to you, if the solutions above don't work I do recommend reinstalling Daz3D with default settings, as I've just done a test with a clean install to make sure that the pose files aren't corrupted. In the meantime I will try to investigate further.

I hope you resolve this issue and enjoy this product line up!

Thank you & all the best!