2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
choppski  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2018 11:25:11 PM(UTC)
choppski

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I feel so dumb. Tab DOES have M8 UV capability because M8 base is the same as M7 Base UV. You can use any M7 texture on M8. I tried the Owen dick texture and it worked like a charm. Also, with the expansion pack I don't get that grey area on the groin anymore at all in iray.
whoah  
#22 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 9:58:46 AM(UTC)
whoah

Maybe I'm just slow. But when I attempt to apply TaB to G8M, all of the morphs break. Is there an update or some other technique you guys are doing? I also attempted to "parent" it to the pelvis instead but not having much luck there either.
thedeadjester  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, February 13, 2018 7:29:04 PM(UTC)
thedeadjester

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Originally Posted by: choppski Go to Quoted Post
I feel so dumb. Tab DOES have M8 UV capability because M8 base is the same as M7 Base UV. You can use any M7 texture on M8. I tried the Owen dick texture and it worked like a charm. Also, with the expansion pack I don't get that grey area on the groin anymore at all in iray.

Glad that works! I am still getting discoloration around the shield, it usually manifests itself by being lighter than the skin around it. Still hoping we can get a geo-graphed G8 version of this somehow. If I knew how DAZ geo-graphing works I would try myself to make it myself but sadly I can't find good documentation on it.

choppski  
#24 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2018 9:17:53 AM(UTC)
choppski

Originally Posted by: whoah Go to Quoted Post
Maybe I'm just slow. But when I attempt to apply TaB to G8M, all of the morphs break. Is there an update or some other technique you guys are doing? I also attempted to "parent" it to the pelvis instead but not having much luck there either.

WOw, not sure. I did not FIT it to M8. I loaded it separately, used the Fix morphs to align it and then parented it to hip and it worked fine. With some poses of the body I had to adjust afterwards, but that happens even when it is fit to an M4, 6 or 7

choppski  
#25 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2018 9:23:09 AM(UTC)
choppski

If geografting is not an easy option for M8, what about creating the morph that will hide the m8 gens like we have for M7? I tried using M7 genitals on M8 but they don't fit correctly, and the morph to zero the gens to the ass is still there creates something appropriate for that botched plastic surgery show.

Until we get something, all my M8 figures have to be tops or bottoms with small weenies. I am surprised there are not more morph sets for the original gens out there.

Also, I am surprised by all the issues with lighter skin around the base. That never happens to me with 3dl, and even with iray, if I use the correct opacity shader for the type of gens texture, it never happens. But maybe that's because I have the expansion set which by the way is phenomenal, especially since many of ht gens textures that come with M7, M6, etc suck. I have noticed that some of the m8 figures have gens textures with vein displacement or normals which is nice.
thedeadjester  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2018 3:23:25 PM(UTC)
thedeadjester

If geografting is not an easy option for M8, what about creating the morph that will hide the m8 gens like we have for M7? I tried using M7 genitals on M8 but they don't fit correctly, and the morph to zero the gens to the ass is still there creates something appropriate for that botched plastic surgery show.

Until we get something, all my M8 figures have to be tops or bottoms with small weenies. I am surprised there are not more morph sets for the original gens out there.

Also, I am surprised by all the issues with lighter skin around the base. That never happens to me with 3dl, and even with iray, if I use the correct opacity shader for the type of gens texture, it never happens. But maybe that's because I have the expansion set which by the way is phenomenal, especially since many of ht gens textures that come with M7, M6, etc suck. I have noticed that some of the m8 figures have gens textures with vein displacement or normals which is nice.

This is not an issue with the proper transparency or the expansion set; I have that product update as well. Multiple people have reported it so if you have any instructions or guides you would like to post on how you approach fitting the product please share.

Personally, I would really like to hear from Euro on this.

Ero,

I have some examples to share of that and other issues I have found while trying to use the product in its current state:

With no Markup

Light Area

Dark Area

Obvious Transparency from the side

These are what make this product difficult to use. I have played around with positioning the gens on the figure for a long time; trying different distances and morphs. I can reduce the dark area but I can't fully remove it when I am using Iray.  The light area is a combination of reflection, angle and an issue with the texture itself. The first two issues can be mitigated but the texture problem cannot. Finally, the obvious transparency. This affects the product whenever it is at an angle to the viewer. Again, you can mitigate this with not rendering the product at these angles but it adds to what makes working with the product difficult.

I know you are busy with E but I would really like to use this product on the G3M/G8M figures I have already. Any suggestions on how to address these issues or possible product enhancements in the pipeline would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time!

-DJ

choppski  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 2:49:08 PM(UTC)
choppski

Originally Posted by: thedeadjester Go to Quoted Post

This is not an issue with the proper transparency or the expansion set; I have that product update as well. Multiple people have reported it so if you have any instructions or guides you would like to post on how you approach fitting the product please share.

Ero,

I have some examples to share of that and other issues I have found while trying to use the product in its current state:

With no Markup

Light Area

Dark Area

First off I LOVE the nuts on that texture. Very nice.

I see what you mean regarding the perineum, but I would mostly just fix it with photoshop. But what you are showing as dark and light, I would have attributed to the texture itself. That is, I have MANY textures where the shaft is darker than the base which, because the pubic hair is gone, looks lighter than the skin around it. If this IS because of the trans I am not sure what to do. Though one could apply the trans to everything--balls, skin and hip and see what happens. With m4 gens (my go to for years), the trans was on the entire gens to keep the gens the same color.

I am not debating the strengths of a graft, and if he made one that was a graft with anus and morphs, I would only use tab. I have held off on Dicktator for m8 solely because I use both 3dl and iray, and it has no 3dl settings. I also don't like that, with dicktator 3gm you are NOT using the gens texture but the torso texture with a shell over it. Often the dick does not look like it is the same skin. But the graft aspect is great. I guess I am just so accustomed to using photoshop (once you morph these puppies, if you pose them, you get lines and creases and other shit you have to photoshop away), that fixing that underneath part with a clone tool seems like cake. Honestly, if someone developed GOOD morphs for the basic gens, I would use that more. I do sometimes with M7, because I have about 30 morphs for it, but even with ALL of those, the dicks don't look as real.

thedeadjester  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 10:37:59 PM(UTC)
thedeadjester

Ero,

With no Markup

Light Area

Dark Area

First off I LOVE the nuts on that texture. Very nice.

I see what you mean regarding the perineum, but I would mostly just fix it with photoshop. But what you are showing as dark and light, I would have attributed to the texture itself. That is, I have MANY textures where the shaft is darker than the base which, because the pubic hair is gone, looks lighter than the skin around it. If this IS because of the trans I am not sure what to do. Though one could apply the trans to everything--balls, skin and hip and see what happens. With m4 gens (my go to for years), the trans was on the entire gens to keep the gens the same color.

I am not debating the strengths of a graft, and if he made one that was a graft with anus and morphs, I would only use tab. I have held off on Dicktator for m8 solely because I use both 3dl and iray, and it has no 3dl settings. I also don't like that, with dicktator 3gm you are NOT using the gens texture but the torso texture with a shell over it. Often the dick does not look like it is the same skin. But the graft aspect is great. I guess I am just so accustomed to using photoshop (once you morph these puppies, if you pose them, you get lines and creases and other shit you have to photoshop away), that fixing that underneath part with a clone tool seems like cake. Honestly, if someone developed GOOD morphs for the basic gens, I would use that more. I do sometimes with M7, because I have about 30 morphs for it, but even with ALL of those, the dicks don't look as real.

Thanks for the advice about photoshop. I don't own photoshop and, honestly, I am trying to reduce the amount of 3rd party tools I use in my workflow. I am already having to use blender for cloth morphs (until DAZ susses out all the issues with dForce).

I do understand the thought behind the approach that was taken here (more versitility and future-proofing against a G9M... which you know they will eventually release) but these issues cause me too much time and frustration to sort out. I don't want those who use the current Tab to be left out in the cold either... If you like the current product then you should still have this non-graphed option.

I do like the third party dicks offered through the site here. After all, in my opinion, a good woman needs a good leading man. I like Tab a lot and, to your point, the nutsack seems more realistic and is a Hell of lot better than the DAZ gens. If it were not for these issues it would be my exclusive go-to product.

One last thing to mention: I would love to keep using the Genesis products rather than jump ship to a whole new product (thinking about the male equivalent to E that was hinted at) that has less support from the greater DAZ/Poser industry. It isn't a slam on E or any Male equivalent product; competition is wonderful and can only make things better for artists. I just want to have a pair of Male Gens that look as good as some of Tab looks but has less texture/fitting issues. I also don't want to have to buy new clothes and wait for new body/facial/texture options to be supported by the multiple vendors that support the current line of DAZ figures (thinking about Zev0 and others)... I spend thousands on these products and I don't want to double those costs.

I was hoping Tab can/will be my savior here. Perhaps this is me just speaking into the wind... If I knew how to do the graph myself I would try my hand but I am still working on custom clothes and have no idea where to begin. 

Guttersnipe  
#29 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 7:04:03 AM(UTC)
Guttersnipe

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 54 post(s)

Pubic hair has always been my best friend when it comes to tricky-to-match genital grafts – it hides a multitude of sins.

I favour proper hair (like MIKE1954's) rather than the LIE based tattooed on hairs (like SFD's)...

thedeadjester  
#30 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2018 10:25:05 PM(UTC)
thedeadjester

Originally Posted by: Guttersnipe Go to Quoted Post

Pubic hair has always been my best friend when it comes to tricky-to-match genital grafts – it hides a multitude of sins.

I favour proper hair (like MIKE1954's) rather than the LIE based tattooed on hairs (like SFD's)...

Yeah, I've used that technique in the past but that doesn't work well for characters who you don't want to be touting giant bushes down there lol. It would be nice if there was no need for work-arounds.

choppski  
#31 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 10:47:56 AM(UTC)
choppski

Yeah, I've used that technique in the past but that doesn't work well for characters who you don't want to be touting giant bushes down there lol. It would be nice if there was no need for work-arounds.

THis example doesn't quite work because I did add pubic hair in photoshop, but only because the texture pubes were brown and not blonde. But this is the M8 gens texture on tab with the tab opacity and I cannot see any discoloration. Maybe it is my computer. www.renderotica.com/gallery/shorturl/440521/Blondie-(2)

thedeadjester  
#32 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 7:30:39 PM(UTC)
thedeadjester

THis example doesn't quite work because I did add pubic hair in photoshop, but only because the texture pubes were brown and not blonde. But this is the M8 gens texture on tab with the tab opacity and I cannot see any discoloration. Maybe it is my computer. www.renderotica.com/gallery/shorturl/440521/Blondie-(2)

Nice picture! Well at that distance it might be hard to tell. The sides of the scrotem appear lighter than rest of the body but at this distance any other discoloration or the issues I raised with lightness/Darkness/transparency issues would be less noticeable.

To your point the textures are perhaps partially to blame for some of the issues I describe. However, there is definitely some issue with the transparency and the overall approach; which is why I have to spend hours mitigating these issues on skins, fitting and refitting the product only to have a light circle or a dark ring around everything when it is all said and done. The whole reason why I added my voice to this thread was to try and get answers as to what I can do to mitigate these issues with the skins that I have in my library. Perhaps that isn't possible unless you use one of the default skins. If that is the case then I guess I have my answer.

I don't want to keep having a debate as to whether or not there is an issue to begin with. I think my screenshots speak for themselves and I'm not the only one who has experienced issues either. It is also why other people besides me have asked for a geo-graft version. Let me give you an example of another product with the exact same skin but geo-graphed. The product isn't important because I am not trying to promote it in any way, as I would like to use a geo-graphed version of tab in the future as I like the morphs for it and the topology overall:

That took less than 1 min to fit and skin properly vs 45 min to an hour I usually spend fiddling with Tab.

I know geo-graphing won't solve any texture problems but it would fix the transparency issues, reduce the fitting time and prevent the light penetration/shadow issues I have seen.

Perhaps the answer is that is the product and it isn't going to change. Perhaps it is a product not suitable for close, detailed shots but for more broad shots/distance shots. Perhaps you can only use certain base skins with it; any or all of these could be true.

I just wanted to see if there was something I was missing in my fitting process or some advice Euro could give me that could reduce the time I spend fitting Tab and getting it to match the skins I want to use. Also, this thread was suggesting some changes with the product and an update on the possible direction the product might take would be good. 

Thanks Euro for making this product, I look forward to hearing anything more about tab in 2018!

Guttersnipe  
#33 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2018 2:33:56 AM(UTC)
Guttersnipe

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 54 post(s)

Isn't the issue really that Tab is a product designed for Genesis 3? Yes, you can get it to work with Genesis 8 if you're willing to jump through hoops creating work-a-rounds and invest the time to get it to work, but in the end it isn't entirely compatible.

This is a shame since it's the most realistic and best featured penis available for your digital man. It's my cock of choice but I will often opt for a Genesis 3 figure to wear it as I can't be arsed with all that jiggery-pokery to get it to work. 

With Genesis 8 figures I'll mostly use Dicktator (dialed back from unrealistic-monster size) or the Daz3D Genital Prop (jazzed up with Powerage's G8M Genitalia Tool Box).

If Erogenesis does release a G8M version I'll buy it immediately, regardless of it being geografted or not, but I know the release of the Genesis 3 version was such a torturous nightmare for him (he's a Poser guy, not a Daz guy) so I'm not expecting it any time soon...

thedeadjester  
#34 Posted : Saturday, March 10, 2018 3:00:12 PM(UTC)
thedeadjester

Isn't the issue really that Tab is a product designed for Genesis 3? Yes, you can get it to work with Genesis 8 if you're willing to jump through hoops creating work-a-rounds and invest the time to get it to work, but in the end it isn't entirely compatible.

This is a shame since it's the most realistic and best featured penis available for your digital man. It's my cock of choice but I will often opt for a Genesis 3 figure to wear it as I can't be arsed with all that jiggery-pokery to get it to work. 

With Genesis 8 figures I'll mostly use Dicktator (dialed back from unrealistic-monster size) or the Daz3D Genital Prop (jazzed up with Powerage's G8M Genitalia Tool Box).

If Erogenesis does release a G8M version I'll buy it immediately, regardless of it being geografted or not, but I know the release of the Genesis 3 version was such a torturous nightmare for him (he's a Poser guy, not a Daz guy) so I'm not expecting it any time soon...

No, I don't agree that issue is that it is designed to work for Genesis 3. I had the same issues with Genesis 3 and Tab that I have now with Genesis 8. Same light areas, same hour to fit... etc. The two meshes aren't even that different in the hip region. Again, if you have tips for fitting please share. I would love to use the product more but I don't want to spend nearly an hour on getting it to look right in the A pose. Only to have to re-adjust if I repose.

choppski  
#35 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:24:32 PM(UTC)
choppski

No, I don't agree that issue is that it is designed to work for Genesis 3. I had the same issues with Genesis 3 and Tab that I have now with Genesis 8. Same light areas, same hour to fit... etc. The two meshes aren't even that different in the hip region. Again, if you have tips for fitting please share. I would love to use the product more but I don't want to spend nearly an hour on getting it to look right in the A pose. Only to have to re-adjust if I repose.

Apologies if this is too obvious, but I am surprised by the hour to fit factor. Under pose there is the move xyz set of morphs and with that I can get it to fit in a matter of minutes, max--on G3 or G8. The discoloration is another issue--and Yes, I have now seen a REALLY bad example so I think there is a combo of transparency and type of texture. In one case it was a giant white band. With another texture, though, I did what I suggested and put the trans on all three parts of the gens (glans, skin, and hip) and the difference diminished. Oddly I notice it less in 3dl than in iray.

Tigerste  
#36 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 3:19:43 AM(UTC)
Tigerste

Whilst I sympathise with your position Ero, it's been almost three months since your last update - is there any more news on someone doing a grafted version?

TaB is by far the most realistic and advanced gen replacement which is probably why so many people would like to see a grafted version that works out of the box with new generation skins.

I know you're not that familiar with DAZ Studio at the moment but do think it would be worth you investing some time in the future learning it. I find its UI easier to use than Poser but appreciate that's a personal preference.

Given the quality of your modelling I don't think it would take you long to pick up, and there are loads of easy to follow video tutorials when the time is right :)
Shanzie  
#37 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 10:45:54 AM(UTC)
Shanzie

Mate (or anyone else out there), I really need some basic help. Sorry, an annoying newbie. Ive downloaded the TaB DS G3 Core Pack v1.03a. Ive extracted the Data, People and Runtime files into Daz3D-Studio-My Library and I should be good to go with morphing the Genesis 3 males and females right? Well the products all appear in my Content Library but I simply cannot drag them onto the character and apply them. When I do, it reacts as you can see in the attached screenshot. Ive tried for 3 days to work this out on my own, scoured the web for a tutorial and finally have to admit defeat and come begging for help from those much wiser than me. So, please, help a newbie out. This is killing me. Thanks.

Tigerste  
#38 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 3:43:37 AM(UTC)
Tigerste

@Shanzie you're applying the TaB material to the figure, rather than the gen attachment - if you go up three levels in your folder structure on the left (from 'Core' to ''TAB), you should have an icon to double-click on to add the gens.

You'll then need to expand 'Genesis 3 Male' in your 'Scene' tab and select 'TAB' before applying the materials (You may also need to expand the 'hip' bone to see TAB as I think it might be parented to that.)
Shanzie  
#39 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 2:14:09 PM(UTC)
Shanzie

Tigerste. Dude. Thank you! I cannot believe how stupid I am, but really appreciate you pointing out how. Life-saver.