2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
StrongFang  
#21 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2017 2:59:37 PM(UTC)
StrongFang

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Merry Christmas, indeed, Erogenesis! I have been using Poser since Poser 5 to do mostly animations. I freely admit I have never used Daz Studio. I have just made the free upgrade to PoserPro 11.1 and have been very impressed with how easy it finally is to have figures walk and/or talk as long as the Walk Designer and/or Talk Designer are supported. I would hope that Project Evolution would work with the Walk Designer (hey, V4 does). The main reason I don't do more with the native PP figures is that they are not compatible with my large library of V4 and V4 WM animation files. If it is possible to somehow readily animate Project Evolution using V4 animation pose files it would be a great time savings. Likewise for converting V4 clothing to conform to Project Evolution. Right now I've mostly given up conforming V4 clothing to V4 WM and am just using dynamic clothing on V4 WM (mostly). I'm a super fan of Lali's bits and use them a lot, but I'm more than happy to wait for the bits parts to come along as an upgrade to Project Evolution so that I could get started animating her sooner. Looking forward to getting Project Evolution. I'm sure she will be worth the wait. Thank you so much for taking on this project. It has been badly needed for years. Best wishes for a huge success with a lot of content providers hopping on your bandwagon!
DarkCowBoy  
#22 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2017 3:03:03 PM(UTC)
DarkCowBoy

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Merry Xmas, Ero !

I can't wait to put my dirty paws all over your new girl...

Edited by user Monday, December 25, 2017 3:21:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Zaavaleta  
#23 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2017 7:42:36 PM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Happy rendering!

My Specs: i5-6600 3.3Ghz, 16Gb ram, GTX 1080ti, GTX 770 4Gb
My Gallery
"I got a vasectomy but my gf still got pregnant. Apparently, all a vasectomy does is change the colour of the baby." - 4d656761466167676f74 on Reddit
birdlikefellow  
#24 Posted : Monday, December 25, 2017 11:03:13 PM(UTC)
birdlikefellow

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Originally Posted by: terrancew_hod Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: Masterstroke Go to Quoted Post

From what I've seen, PE has a lot of features, G3 and 8 have. So I guess DAZ Genesis users will feel quite at home with ProjectEvolution.

This would be a incorrect statement. There will be things PE will **emulate** but at best there will be a weightmapped figure, with chips for the face, and things to help convert clothing over. That's not what Genesis is. The issues in what vendors have been asking to help with can never be resolved with by just popping in yet another girl. That is something the SM needs to do, so let's not make this comparison. Genesis is not just a weightmapped girl. This figure will never provide what the base software cannot support.

Accurate. Nothing like Genesis exists in Poser because Poser itself does not support something like Genesis, not because somehow Poser users were too lazy to create a figure.

Zaavaleta  
#25 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 6:34:02 AM(UTC)
Zaavaleta

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)

Well, I decided to pull the trigger on the PPro 11 upgrade. I haven't used Poser very often over the years, but I'm hoping to become a content creator and I want to support both camps. Plus I'd like to take that Superfly engine for a spin. And SmithMicro's $5 birthday discount was icing on the cake. It's downloading now.

My Specs: i5-6600 3.3Ghz, 16Gb ram, GTX 1080ti, GTX 770 4Gb
My Gallery
"I got a vasectomy but my gf still got pregnant. Apparently, all a vasectomy does is change the colour of the baby." - 4d656761466167676f74 on Reddit
captaintrips  
#26 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 7:53:26 AM(UTC)
captaintrips

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Zaavaleta Go to Quoted Post

Well, I decided to pull the trigger on the PPro 11 upgrade. I haven't used Poser very often over the years, but I'm hoping to become a content creator and I want to support both camps. Plus I'd like to take that Superfly engine for a spin. And SmithMicro's $5 birthday discount was icing on the cake. It's downloading now.

Good, We need more content creators for Poser.

TZO3K1  
#27 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 4:06:05 PM(UTC)
TZO3K1

Originally Posted by: Erogenesis Go to Quoted Post
Hehe I don't criticize Poser because I hate it either, I criticize it because it can do so much more. Project Evolution is a testament to that. Honestly I don't even know if Project Evolution is going to be even remotely effective, with Smith MIcro being so inept at responding to trends. But Poser, for now, still works better for me as a tool to make comics with. I've made several figures inside of Poser, with ease, its definitely not that Poser cannot do it, but DAZ has just taken the formula that Poser came up with and perfected it. Plug-n-play content. DAZ crafted it to perfection. SM are about software I doubt they'll ever get this. Even in the technical department I'm worried about Poser, but still, I can do this, and its really not that hard. PE is pretty easy to use, its not easy to rig for that's for sure, but do you want to sit back and let one company determine what your girl looks like? Err... no? SM /Poser need to be drilled / PESTERED into understanding how things work for you. Do not let up!

Would seriously dig out my poser for this; as the shitty poser characters, the archaic V4, and SM/Daz's contempt for Gen5-8 with poser is what made me shelve that program for the most part! Though I would love to have this for Daz studio as well, V8 needs a great competitor such as yourself!

Seriously, I'm surprised they haven't snagged your expertise yet!

Edited by user Friday, February 9, 2018 4:12:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified