Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
drafter69  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 20, 2017 3:34:37 PM(UTC)
drafter69

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/2/2015(UTC)
Posts: 74

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Too bad these great poses are for females and not males... I would buy them if they were for males too but have a policy that when a product excludes males I never buy them.    


Guttersnipe  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 4:42:45 AM(UTC)
Guttersnipe

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/13/2016(UTC)
Posts: 321

Thanks: 46 times
Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 34 post(s)

It's up to the creators as to what they produce. Whilst it's true that here aren't as many male poses available, it doesn't mean they aren't any -  the last six months has seen a major swell of M/M poses thanks in most part to Farconville, AHH and Vunter Slaush.


Personally I don't make too much distinction between male or female poses – I regularly use female poses for males and male poses for females. Every pose preset needs to be tweaked anyway – nothing works perfectly out of the box with a single click. But we've had this conversation before...

drafter69  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 10:16:55 AM(UTC)
drafter69

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/2/2015(UTC)
Posts: 74

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Financially I support creators who do not ignore that males are also a part of Poser and Daz 3d. Every creator is entitled to include or ignore whoever they want just as I am free to spend my money on products designed for my needs... (Males)
shadoman  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 11:53:07 AM(UTC)
shadoman

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/15/2012(UTC)
Posts: 6,694

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 59 post(s)

I would also like to see more male poses and i fact more male texture sets, but I have to agree with the other poster that most female poses work for the men and involve minor treaking.


And lets face it,  Pose are created from the base figures and do not take into account those who might want to make their mesh creations heavier or smaller and when this happens the poses re not going to be spot on. So one has to do some tweaking anyway..


It's withing your rights to buy from whomever you wish or neglect those vendors who do not observe your needs.  But I must point out that since I can remember in the 3 D arena that Textures, clothes, hairstyles, textures and yes poses are created for female base textures that are created at a 7-1 ratio over the male base figures.


That seems to be where the money is and thus said vendors go to that happy place that earns them the most revenues


Regards  Shadoman


Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
sumigo  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 1:20:21 PM(UTC)
sumigo

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/18/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,016

Thanks: 66 times
Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 55 post(s)

Originally Posted by: drafter69 Go to Quoted Post


Too bad these great poses are for females and not males... I would buy them if they were for males too but have a policy that when a product excludes males I never buy them.    



Why not start your own pose line and sell them then?


 


It seems like you've identified a need in the market, why not dive into it?


thedeadjester  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 2:30:38 PM(UTC)
thedeadjester

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/11/2013(UTC)
Posts: 49

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I have a policy that when there are no poses for males... I just apply female poses to them and tweak them.


As others have mentioned, if there is a market for them then why not capitalize on that market? No need to try to blackmail the creators; their oversight can be your gain!


terrancew_hod  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 21, 2017 7:53:47 PM(UTC)
terrancew_hod

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/2/2015(UTC)
Posts: 145

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)

Threads like these that try to shame vendors into making products of threats of not buying their items are generally empty threats. See, if there was support in the FIRST place that supported these items they would already exist. Though it would be nice to have male versions of items, being a vendor myself, those sales are more geared towards female products and to be honest, no one has time for threats when bills need to be paid and food needs to be on the table.


That said, the tech now exists that we can adjust poses and props and clothes to fit the other gender, so most things are ready to go with a little tweaking. I'd rather spend more time making renders with things I can adjust than try to wait for something that may never come unless I make it myself.


 


 


 


shadoman  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 2:22:24 AM(UTC)
shadoman

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/15/2012(UTC)
Posts: 6,694

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 59 post(s)

Vendors like artist usually work in their pwn comfort range.   You would not, or could not shame say a artist who does Lesbian stories to do an all Male gays story.


How could somebody put their heart and soul into something they would not be comfortable doing..  So if vendors wish to make only female poses, there is little one can say to make them change.


It is, what it is.. and there is no shame in doing what one does best.  Maybe they tried to do a Male pose set and found there was no market for their hard work or they are just successful at doing a post set for a certain base esh and that is it.


Look I am a Poser Person and Yes I am very aware of when a former Poser Vendor switches sides and does only DAZ work.. it is. what it is and they most likely make more money at it. and I a, not about to learn DAZ just for a pose or texture set.  Yet when someone Like DAVO creates sets for both DAZ and Poser,  well then I have great respect for those artist and if the product is to my liking I buy it.  This also goes for Vendors who offer DAZ and Poser Texture, Pose, hair and clothing sets...


Lets face it Vendors have their work cut out for them and there is a huge market out there..  Yes it would be a feather in their caps is the provided poses for both sexes,  but maybe they feel that other vendors might fill that gap.


These is no shame in doing what one does best..


Shadoman


 


 


Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
mjw  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 7:24:32 AM(UTC)
mjw

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/25/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,646

Thanks: 16 times
Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Shadoman as usual speaks some sense. The likelihood is that most (perhaps not all) vendors are producing things they enjoy producing or seeing, or at least where they feel comfortable. If I create a pose I always try to keep the ones that are particularly useful.
drafter69  
#10 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 11:37:17 AM(UTC)
drafter69

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/2/2015(UTC)
Posts: 74

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)

No one is trying to "shame" anyone but rather pointing out that there are customers with money who buy products designed for their needs.    I do not buy a shirt designed for a woman with the idea that I could alter it to make it fit a man nor do I spend my money of vendors who exclude an entire gender because they like playing with women....


 


 


 


 


Originally Posted by: terrancew_hod Go to Quoted Post


Threads like these that try to shame vendors into making products of threats of not buying their items are generally empty threats. See, if there was support in the FIRST place that supported these items they would already exist. Though it would be nice to have male versions of items, being a vendor myself, those sales are more geared towards female products and to be honest, no one has time for threats when bills need to be paid and food needs to be on the table.


That said, the tech now exists that we can adjust poses and props and clothes to fit the other gender, so most things are ready to go with a little tweaking. I'd rather spend more time making renders with things I can adjust than try to wait for something that may never come unless I make it myself.


 


 


 



shadoman  
#11 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 1:41:47 PM(UTC)
shadoman

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/15/2012(UTC)
Posts: 6,694

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 59 post(s)

and you are withing your right to buy only from Vendors that suit your needs.


However, you could make contact with these vendors and explain your needs and perhaps they will see if there is a market for said poses to test said market for increased sales.. 


I get request all the times, and as long as the request falls withing what I am willing to produce, I will consider some or all of the suggestions. 


Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
terrancew_hod  
#12 Posted : Friday, December 22, 2017 7:27:21 PM(UTC)
terrancew_hod

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 3/2/2015(UTC)
Posts: 145

Thanks: 5 times
Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)

Originally Posted by: drafter69 Go to Quoted Post


No one is trying to "shame" anyone but rather pointing out that there are customers with money who buy products designed for their needs.    I do not buy a shirt designed for a woman with the idea that I could alter it to make it fit a man nor do I spend my money of vendors who exclude an entire gender because they like playing with women...


Originally Posted by: terrancew_hod Go to Quoted Post


Threads like these that try to shame vendors into making products of threats of not buying their items are generally empty threats. See, if there was support in the FIRST place that supported these items they would already exist. Though it would be nice to have male versions of items, being a vendor myself, those sales are more geared towards female products and to be honest, no one has time for threats when bills need to be paid and food needs to be on the table.


That said, the tech now exists that we can adjust poses and props and clothes to fit the other gender, so most things are ready to go with a little tweaking. I'd rather spend more time making renders with things I can adjust than try to wait for something that may never come unless I make it myself


 




Most of the vendors that you've named in your initial post have been doing this for years; I think it goes to say that already know what you've pointed out. But your demands may not be feasible for them to supply it. As been stated, you are within your right to buy things that only meet your needs, and conversely vendors will make only the things that they can afford to do. 

Guttersnipe  
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 2:07:17 AM(UTC)
Guttersnipe

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/13/2016(UTC)
Posts: 321

Thanks: 46 times
Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 34 post(s)

Yep, it's a bit like refusing to go into Kentucky Fried Chicken until they start selling Big Macs...


 


shadoman  
#14 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 2:13:25 AM(UTC)
shadoman

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/15/2012(UTC)
Posts: 6,694

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 59 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Guttersnipe Go to Quoted Post


Yep, it's a bit like refusing to go into Kentucky Fried Chicken until they start selling Big Macs...


 



I'm glad you did not say Taco bell as they are owned by the same company and some franchises sell both Chicken and Mexican food.


Same goes for Jack in the Box offering items from sister company Green Berrito


All this is making me Hungry. off to the kitchen for some Hot Tea and Mandelins YUM


Who knows what lurks in the hearts of perverted artist....
The Shado Knows
mjw  
#15 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 6:28:11 AM(UTC)
mjw

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/25/2014(UTC)
Posts: 1,646

Thanks: 16 times
Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 39 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Guttersnipe Go to Quoted Post


Yep, it's a bit like refusing to go into Kentucky Fried Chicken until they start selling Big Macs...


 



Don't a lot of us here fall into the wearing big macks brigade? Or is that a joke that only makes sense in the UK?


sumigo  
#16 Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 10:20:54 AM(UTC)
sumigo

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 12/18/2012(UTC)
Posts: 1,016

Thanks: 66 times
Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 55 post(s)

Originally Posted by: shadoman Go to Quoted Post


Originally Posted by: Guttersnipe Go to Quoted Post


Yep, it's a bit like refusing to go into Kentucky Fried Chicken until they start selling Big Macs...


 



I'm glad you did not say Taco bell as they are owned by the same company and some franchises sell both Chicken and Mexican food.


Same goes for Jack in the Box offering items from sister company Green Berrito


All this is making me Hungry. off to the kitchen for some Hot Tea and Mandelins YUM



Sorry but the Green Burrito is owned by Carl's Jr. Fast food is serious business, get it right.


WinstonSmith1984  
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2018 12:05:42 PM(UTC)
WinstonSmith1984

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 5/18/2016(UTC)
Posts: 8

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
INTERESTING~ LOL

i didn't make more male poses products, bcz i thought they are too easy to make...

acturally, they are most profitable items comparing to other time consuming stuff .

seems it's time to please myself and my customers ~ LOL

VunterSlaush
SnarltheWerewolf  
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2018 7:53:27 PM(UTC)
SnarltheWerewolf

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 1/16/2016(UTC)
Posts: 43

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Poses also seem like really a weird hill to die on. They're pretty damn easy to make and tweak and as someone else pointed out, male and female poses are pretty interchangeable. Hell, there's a female poses series I bought on here that has a few of my goto base poses for guys showing off their asses and then I tweak it to fit the pose I need and the size of the model. Hell, when I did the artwork for that Manzurna Peaks game I ended up making dozens of custom poses and masturbation poses because there weren't any bases poses for massive, hulking g3m males. 


Also, Farconville makes a ton of male only poses for all generations going back to M4 


 


Is there something in particular that you're looking for or feel is lacking for male poses?


Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error