41 Pages«<38394041>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WritenWrong  
#781 Posted : Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:34:49 AM(UTC)
WritenWrong

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
That looks like the original texture is the problem.

Some characters come with a torso texture specifically for the genitals, and one when not using the genitals (Daz's Genital product that is).

Switch to Caitlin's other torso textures; that should solve the issue. I don't think I have either so can't be sure, perhaps link the characters so I can be sure.

Edit: Nope, I don't own them.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:44:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LegacyZulu  
#782 Posted : Tuesday, August 29, 2017 10:31:25 AM(UTC)
LegacyZulu

Nope, that's not it. She only has the one.
3feetwolf  
#783 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2017 9:15:54 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 254 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LegacyZulu Go to Quoted Post

Anyone have a clue why this might be happening? Using NGV8 on addy's Caitlin. Same issue happens with their Amber character as well. Both use G3F Base UV's. 

Hi there,
This phenomenon will gradually disappear with the extension of the rendering time, it will not affect the final rendering results.
I'm looking for a solution, so that you will not see this phenomenon during rendering.

OH6  
#784 Posted : Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:20:39 PM(UTC)
OH6

Please give me exact instructions on how to in stall an get this to work in Daz.

3feetwolf  
#785 Posted : Friday, September 22, 2017 10:05:57 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: OH6 Go to Quoted Post
Please give me exact instructions on how to in stall an get this to work in Daz.

Hi, 
The installation package of NGV7 contains four folders, "data", "Documentation", "People" and "Runtime". 
If you browse your DAZ Library folder, you will see that the "data", "People" and "Runtime" folders are already existing. 
You need to unzip the zip file of installation package to a temporarily folder, and then copy the "data", "People", and "Runtime" folders in the temporarily folder to your DAZ Library folder. 
When the "Confirm Folder Replace" dialog popup, merge these three folders with the existing folders. 

After installing NGV7, open Daz Studio. 
Load your character, make sure she is selected in the Scene pane. 
Then, go to the Content Library pane, select DAZ Studio Formats > your DAZ Library > People > Genesis 3 Female > Anatomy > New Genitalia For Victoria 7. 
Double-click on the icon of 'New Genitalia For Victoria 7.dsa' to run the script of NGV7 and wait a few seconds(depends on your computer performance). 
When the script is finished, the new gens will be added to your character, and its materials and textures have also been set up completely. 

I hope this answer can help you.
If you still have the problem in installing or using NGV7, please email me([email protected]). 

WritenWrong  
#786 Posted : Saturday, September 23, 2017 1:27:29 PM(UTC)
WritenWrong

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Could we get an NVG8 official thread? :)
3feetwolf  
#787 Posted : Monday, September 25, 2017 9:06:47 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: WritenWrong Go to Quoted Post
Could we get an NVG8 official thread? :)

Sure, I have added the official support thread :)

vampmelter91  
#788 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 9:17:20 AM(UTC)
vampmelter91

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: OH6 Go to Quoted Post

Hi, 

The installation package of NGV7 contains four folders, "data", "Documentation", "People" and "Runtime". 

If you browse your DAZ Library folder, you will see that the "data", "People" and "Runtime" folders are already existing. 

You need to unzip the zip file of installation package to a temporarily folder, and then copy the "data", "People", and "Runtime" folders in the temporarily folder to your DAZ Library folder. 

When the "Confirm Folder Replace" dialog popup, merge these three folders with the existing folders. 

After installing NGV7, open Daz Studio. 

Load your character, make sure she is selected in the Scene pane. 

Then, go to the Content Library pane, select DAZ Studio Formats > your DAZ Library > People > Genesis 3 Female > Anatomy > New Genitalia For Victoria 7. 

Double-click on the icon of 'New Genitalia For Victoria 7.dsa' to run the script of NGV7 and wait a few seconds(depends on your computer performance). 

When the script is finished, the new gens will be added to your character, and its materials and textures have also been set up completely. 

I hope this answer can help you.
If you still have the problem in installing or using NGV7, please email me([email protected]). 

I did that as well, and for some reason it keeps saying "you need to install the update package for this UV (base female)." i've installed each and every part of the download several times, but that's all it keeps telling me.

3feetwolf  
#789 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 9:12:10 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: vampmelter91 Go to Quoted Post

I did that as well, and for some reason it keeps saying "you need to install the update package for this UV (base female)." i've installed each and every part of the download several times, but that's all it keeps telling me.

Hi, this problem is usually because you installed NGV7 to the wrong folder.

Could you send me some screenshots to show me where you installed NGV7?

Please send them to my email, [email protected], so that I can repond to you as soon as possible :)

Morlock  
#790 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2017 6:11:52 AM(UTC)
Morlock

I've been having a consistent problem with NG for V7 and I'd rather not read 40 pages of thread to see if it's been addressed. Sometimes it works fine, but sometimes it decides to deform. Basically it looks like it's scaled down a couple percent, but I've tried scaling it up a couple percent, and it doesn't quite fix the problem. It's not a morph in the parent figure; I can zero the parent figure's shape and the problem remains. I can zero or restore the NG, and the problem remains. I can zero the parent figure and load a new copy of the NG, and the problem remains. Sometimes NG loads and works fine for a while, and then develops the problem at some point. I've tried "adjust rigging to shape" on parent figure, and that doesn't solve the issue either. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
nightwolf1982  
#791 Posted : Thursday, November 30, 2017 3:34:56 PM(UTC)
nightwolf1982

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Morlock: Could you post a screenshot?
wader  
#792 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2017 10:36:03 AM(UTC)
wader

Hi 3feetwolf,

I recently purchased NGV7 and have been experimenting with render settings using Victoria 7 and other G3F characters.  My basic steps are to create the character, add materials (usually iray) and then add NGV7 to the figure.

With iray, everything looks as expected.  But, my preferred renderer is Octane (which is generally fine with my Daz characters and scenes) and it is having some difficulties at the moment.  I'm not sure if you've seen or tried this renderer for NGV7, but wondered if you had any thoughts on what could be occurring:

When not selecting the Octane option to "map geo graft replacement materials internally," there is a raised outline appearance where NGV7 seems grafted to the figure.  Selecting that "map geo graft . . ." option in Octane removes that larger outline, but a smaller raised outline (primarily in the rear) takes its place.

So, I can't find a way to render NGV7 successfully with Octane for Daz3D yet.

I'd appreciate if you might share ideas on what is happening, to see if these symptoms can be minimized.

Edited by user Thursday, December 7, 2017 2:38:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

wader attached the following image(s):
Victoria 7 02 Octane 01.png
Victoria 7 02 Octane 02.png
wader  
#793 Posted : Saturday, December 9, 2017 5:30:11 PM(UTC)
wader

And, I'm going to answer my own question above . . . in case it helps others using OctaneRender for Daz Studio with NGV7:

In the OctaneRender for Daz Studio plugin settings for your scene:

Go to the "Materials" tab

Look under the "OctaneRender materials" column in the "Used" list

Select the "New Genitalia for Victoria 7 > Torso" material

Scroll to its "Displacement" settings and set "Mid level" to 0.5

Select the "New Genitalia for Victoria 7 > Anus" material

Scroll to its "Displacement" settings and set "Mid level" to 0.5

This seems to completely fix the raised edges, so that NGV7 can be used seamlessly with Victoria 7.  If you still see any raised/lowered edges, then adjust the value up or down until it meshes seamlessly.

Edited by user Saturday, December 9, 2017 5:34:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Geffe  
#794 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2017 2:21:11 AM(UTC)
Geffe

Originally Posted by: Morlock Go to Quoted Post
I've been having a consistent problem with NG for V7 and I'd rather not read 40 pages of thread to see if it's been addressed. Sometimes it works fine, but sometimes it decides to deform. Basically it looks like it's scaled down a couple percent, but I've tried scaling it up a couple percent, and it doesn't quite fix the problem. It's not a morph in the parent figure; I can zero the parent figure's shape and the problem remains. I can zero or restore the NG, and the problem remains. I can zero the parent figure and load a new copy of the NG, and the problem remains. Sometimes NG loads and works fine for a while, and then develops the problem at some point. I've tried "adjust rigging to shape" on parent figure, and that doesn't solve the issue either. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Yeah, I've seen the same problem on a bunch of characters. I think it must be an issue with unsupported morphs. Varna (for Rune 7), Summer (for Victoria 7), Kimmy (for Teen Josie 7), Karen 7, and Frida (for Karen 7), or any character with some of their body morph dialed in has the problem. It creates this weird kind of vertical depression/ridge on the asscheeks (roughly along the edges of the projection morph).

d0gg0d  
#795 Posted : Sunday, December 17, 2017 1:07:22 PM(UTC)
d0gg0d

What have been some of the fixes with this error, "Install UV base update" that have corrected the problem? I have it installed on D-drive and in a different folder name. Moving the files to the correct name folder results in the script being accepted but it still will result in the "UV update error". I have tried several things and am still at a loss after reading through all these posts. Thanks

wader  
#796 Posted : Thursday, January 4, 2018 3:01:49 PM(UTC)
wader

Originally Posted by: Geffe Go to Quoted Post

. . .

Yeah, I've seen the same problem on a bunch of characters. I think it must be an issue with unsupported morphs. Varna (for Rune 7), Summer (for Victoria 7), Kimmy (for Teen Josie 7), Karen 7, and Frida (for Karen 7), or any character with some of their body morph dialed in has the problem. It creates this weird kind of vertical depression/ridge on the asscheeks (roughly along the edges of the projection morph).

Are you possibly describing something similar to what I showed in post #792 ?

Gnostic85  
#797 Posted : Friday, January 5, 2018 6:42:26 PM(UTC)
Gnostic85

Okay, I just bought New Gens for V7 the other day and there's, like, four different zip files. In which order am I supposed to unzip them?
megagearx  
#798 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 8:23:55 AM(UTC)
megagearx

I have a question. If I'm using the New Genitalia on a black or asian character, how would I have the labia match those skin types? Do I have to buy extra characters/UVs or something?
matt  
#799 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 11:34:52 AM(UTC)
matt

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 211 post(s)

Originally Posted by: megagearx Go to Quoted Post
I have a question. If I'm using the New Genitalia on a black or asian character, how would I have the labia match those skin types? Do I have to buy extra characters/UVs or something?

The best way to do that is to take the image for the labia into Photoshop or a similar program and alter the coloration there. I've gotten good results from that.

Gnostic85  
#800 Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2018 6:13:51 PM(UTC)
Gnostic85

It's been a month and nobody answered my question...