Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
harrydunn  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 7, 2017 4:28:45 AM(UTC)
harrydunn

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Hi to you all. I am trying so hard to figure this out but with no luck. I am trying to get the Golden Palace gens to match the skin on Reality/Lux. But for some reason the skin will not match up with the rest of the mesh. I have tried simply copying the shader making sure its synced up as well as manually changing the transmitted color (which seems to have an effect but I cannot for the life of me get it to match up) I have also tried setting the gens to skin etc on reality itself and setting it to match the torso on the figure itself.

But still no luck. Does anybody know what I need to do in order to fix this? At this point I am getting rather tired and frustrated..

I have even tried creating a new scene just to test if maybe I messed something up. Simply placed a new figure in a fresh scene, applied gens, straight to render. Same issue. The skin will not match up..

Meipe  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 8, 2017 2:13:34 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 38 post(s)
I'm not sure how Reality manages geometry shells. I'll take a look at it, but it'll have to wait for the weekend, I'm on the move just now.
thanks 1 user thanked Meipe for this useful post.
harrydunn on 11/12/2017(UTC)
harrydunn  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 11, 2017 8:00:55 AM(UTC)
harrydunn

Originally Posted by: Meipe Go to Quoted Post
I'm not sure how Reality manages geometry shells. I'll take a look at it, but it'll have to wait for the weekend, I'm on the move just now.

Thanks for the reply. I finally managed to figure things out for the most part. Had to change the type to “skin” on the shell as well as the gens themselves (same with the gen figure itself) and then remove this additional coloring which was being applied onto the diffuse as a mix. I think this same color is actually the transmit color on the surfaces settings in daz itself. So my guess is that Reality is using that transmit color (which is a fairly dark red) and mixing it with the diffuse whilst the gen8 figure had automatically removed that additional color for the torso due to a preset I had downloaded for reality. 

So problem solved. Now I need to try figure out how to get a wet look on the skin fior my figures plus the gens heh. Spec maps and such seem to work quite differently with Reality and Luxrender. No quick and easy fake gloss from what I can tell </3

Whilst I am it. Just want to say thank you for your hard work on both Golden Palace and Dicktator. I have never come across a more beautifully designed and highly customizable gen and I have to say, I am so glad I was able to purchase it. You deserve all the purchases you get. Because truly, I am amazed at what I have been able to achieve with both these gens. 

I’d say my only disappointment (and I use this word loosely considering how happy I am) is that making puffy and wide lips seems to be kinda difficult to achieve. And I was hoping I’d have an easier time making the vagina insides somewhat come out to give an affect of the dick being held firmly by the vagina if that makes sense. Same with the anus. I do love some minor “prolapse” if I could even call it that (what I am trying to achieve) None the less. Absolutely beautiful gens and they work well. :D Thanks again. Best purchases ever <3

thanks 1 user thanked harrydunn for this useful post.
Meipe on 11/11/2017(UTC)
Meipe  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 11, 2017 9:43:25 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Thank you for sharing! And for your suggestions. As I'm finishing GP for G3F, I'll sculpt some of the morphs you are needing... and add them for the G8F version as an update. If you have some other suggestion, (best with visual references), this is the moment to ask! ;)
harrydunn on 11/12/2017(UTC)
harrydunn  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 2:33:37 AM(UTC)
harrydunn

Thank you for sharing! And for your suggestions. As I'm finishing GP for G3F, I'll sculpt some of the morphs you are needing... and add them for the G8F version as an update. If you have some other suggestion, (best with visual references), this is the moment to ask! ;)

Oh wow thank you for that <3 I look forward to seeing this. Do you have  a very rough ETA when you think said update may come across? No worries if not/ Just curious if I should be checking back regularly or not :)

As for further suggestions (thanks for taking them into account by the way) If its possible, perhaps some tweaking would better allow for larger gaping holes both anus and pussy. Cause I see when I try go on the more extreme side, the different layers tend to mismatch and so I have meshes sticking out of each other. Though unsurprisingly, this is not an easy thing to make a morph for as far as I can tell. :) 

But honestly, the two things I mentioned previously are the only things I have been having a most difficult time with achieving. Even went as far as trying to make my own basic morphs with a trial of Zbrush heh. But did not work out so well. 

If we had more customization for the Hymen as well as hiding it a lot easier (to the point its not even in slight view) and perhaps smoothing the shape so the “toothy” look goes away would be really nice as wel. Some hymens seem to have a more rounded very thin look to them. I would say this is probably the least featured area of the gens. Perhaps some further control on these would be neat to consider for the update. 

Either eay though, anything you think may be of help in adding/customizing looks will always be appreciated. There is so much we can do already with Golden Palace so yeah. Perhaps some more options for exposing the clit and hood as a whole might be neat, Sort of like those vaginas where you can see the good pink flesh protruding out as a whole. But other than that, I can’t think of much. :) 

Thanks again for your hard work. Looking forward to seeing the update when its available no matter what it brings <3

Meipe  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 5:41:33 AM(UTC)
Meipe

Thank you for the suggestions! I'll see what I can do. The update will surely come out before the end of the month.... ;)
harrydunn on 11/13/2017(UTC)
harrydunn  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 12:58:32 AM(UTC)
harrydunn

Thank you for the suggestions! I'll see what I can do. The update will surely come out before the end of the month.... ;)

Genuinely looking forward to this <3 Thanks again for all your hard work!