41 Pages«<3738394041>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mjw  
#761 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2017 6:54:35 AM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 124 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: mjw Go to Quoted Post
Hi. I received notification of an update for G8. Now I am totally lost. I looked at the downloads possible and saw about six. Given that I may not have updated as diligently as I should, which ones do I need to download, and is there a sequence, please? Iwould post an image, but I can't do so without a URL it appears....
Figured out how!

Hello, mjw

You just need to download and install 3feetwolf_NewGenitaliaForVictoria7_DS4-9-3-166.zip first(If you have already installed it, please ignore this step). 
Then download and install Update_for_G8F.zip. 

Update_20170213.zip and Update_20170423.zip only contain some new morphs(Please see the description of NGV7 in its product page for detail information). You can download and install these two packages if you need them.

The rest are old files. 

Helpful as always. Thanks.
3feetwolf  
#762 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2017 11:04:29 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 254 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LegacyZulu Go to Quoted Post
Do all of Rhiannon's characters use Anagenessis? Because I have the same issue on all of them. If that's the case, then they must have used the first version of it on their earlier characters, since the second wasn't out yet.

I have tested Stevie and found the problem. In the original N.G.S Shader, there is a texture called Micros.jpg. The script of NGV7 handles this texture specifically so that NGV7 can be compatible with the characters that use N.G.S Shader. But, in Stevie's textures, I found that it was renamed to StevieMicros.jpg and StevieMicrosSm.jpg, so the script failed. I have modified the script to address this issue and tested it on Stevie. 

www.dropbox.com/s/bq22k6wk2jjb5gl/New%20Genitalia%20For%20Victoria%207%20-%20for%20N.G.S.dsa

Please download this new script and use it on your other character that use the N.G.S Shader. If there is no problem need to be fixed, I will upload this script as an update to the store. 

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
tattooedillusions on 6/28/2017(UTC)
tattooedillusions  
#763 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 7:08:20 AM(UTC)
tattooedillusions

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Thanks a lot for the script update for Rhi's NGS girls! Works great on the one's I've checked so far (Amalie & Magda both of which had the Rhi custom named mircros files)!
thanks 1 user thanked tattooedillusions for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 7/2/2017(UTC)
wizard99  
#764 Posted : Thursday, June 29, 2017 1:59:17 PM(UTC)
wizard99

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi, Looks like the above script is also needed for Rhiannon's Coco for G8F for the same problem described above.
thanks 1 user thanked wizard99 for this useful post.
MadMachine  
#765 Posted : Friday, June 30, 2017 3:57:10 PM(UTC)
MadMachine

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I was trying the G8 version of your New Genitalia For Victoria 7 with the actual V8 textures (uber+ shaders) and a little bit of adjustment was needed. Using the default materials script left the labia & anus looking very dark with a white ring around it. I was able to play with the textures to get it looking right but I thought you should know
thanks 1 user thanked MadMachine for this useful post.
diamondd  
#766 Posted : Sunday, July 2, 2017 10:45:46 AM(UTC)
diamondd

Finally installed the G8F update seems to be fine for me. Haven't given it a real thorough testing yet, but wanted to Thank you 3feetwolf, you the Man! 

Edited by user Sunday, July 2, 2017 10:56:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UHF  
#767 Posted : Tuesday, July 4, 2017 7:12:57 PM(UTC)
UHF

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just downloaded the lastest (last night)... I keep getting blue gens on G3F.

I have no idea why. The script seems to put the normal map into the Labia and Vagina. No LIE texture modifications are done... so the Anus and Torso are wrong. What am I missing?
3feetwolf  
#768 Posted : Thursday, July 6, 2017 4:20:37 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: UHF Go to Quoted Post
I just downloaded the lastest (last night)... I keep getting blue gens on G3F.

I have no idea why. The script seems to put the normal map into the Labia and Vagina. No LIE texture modifications are done... so the Anus and Torso are wrong. What am I missing?

Hello :)
As I recall, this problem only appeared in the early NGV7, the latest version should not have this problem. 
So I guess you might have installed different versions of NGV7 in different daz libraries, and you are still using the old version of NGV7. 
This is just my initial guess. 
If you only have the latest NGV7, or if the problem persists after you remove the old NGV7, please let me know. I will continue to look for the real cause of the problem. 

LegacyZulu  
#769 Posted : Sunday, July 9, 2017 9:45:35 PM(UTC)
LegacyZulu

So, I forgot to say thanks for making the update for Anagenessis, so thank you for that! But now I think I have another issue. I'm using the new Rhiannon character - Coco. I was just wondering if I'm supposed to be getting what I circled when I apply the gens? I can tell it's part of the image map for the torso, but it seems like it only happens on certain characters. It's not a huge issue, but they really don't blend together.

LegacyZulu  
#770 Posted : Sunday, July 9, 2017 10:35:29 PM(UTC)
LegacyZulu

Woops, just combed through older posts, and think I figured out. Apparently it's the position of the gens in the original torso map. 
FumikoM  
#771 Posted : Thursday, July 13, 2017 5:14:21 PM(UTC)
FumikoM

Anyone know how to get rid of the "ridge" in the mesh that appear when you bend a character forward? What I mean is; apply NGV7forG8F to G8F, and then dial the Hip Bend (Posing>Torso) slider all the way to 100% There's now a ridge (like a darkened area) that begins above the anal and ends right below the vulva. On the right and left side of the new gens right where the seams would be. This ridge does not exist with G3F. I'm guessing it's related to changes in the bending between G3F and G8F?
nightwolf1982  
#772 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 2:39:36 AM(UTC)
nightwolf1982

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 55 post(s)
FumikoM: Could you post a screenshot of the ridges you're seeing? I've tested this on my copy, and I'm not seeing anything.
FumikoM  
#773 Posted : Saturday, August 5, 2017 10:17:35 AM(UTC)
FumikoM

Originally Posted by: nightwolf1982 Go to Quoted Post
FumikoM: Could you post a screenshot of the ridges you're seeing? I've tested this on my copy, and I'm not seeing anything.

Sure: The first show how the mesh look like without the NewGens. As you can se on each side of the vulva and anus it's smooth.

Now the NewGens have been applied to G8F: There's a ridge or bump a bit at the sides (highlighted area). The more I bend the legs the more this bump shows. When I render it leaves dark lines on each side.

Dope  
#774 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2017 12:25:24 PM(UTC)
Dope

How do I get this to work with any of the EJ fantasy skins? I always get a weird "saddle" discoloration around the crotch/thigh area. If I take the geoshell off it works fine, but I''d like to get this to work with the geoshells if possible. I get that even after I update the material/scripts.

Edit: Actually, nvm, I figured this out after playing around in with the surface settings.

Edited by user Thursday, August 10, 2017 12:44:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dope attached the following image(s):
hmm.PNG
WritenWrong  
#775 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 8:29:40 AM(UTC)
WritenWrong

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FumikoM Go to Quoted Post

Sure: The first show how the mesh look like without the NewGens. As you can se on each side of the vulva and anus it's smooth.

Now the NewGens have been applied to G8F: There's a ridge or bump a bit at the sides (highlighted area). The more I bend the legs the more this bump shows. When I render it leaves dark lines on each side.

Looks like you need a morph. 3Feetwolf, said iirc, that there would be some missing corrective morphs.

I have a couple of morphs that might help, if anyone can host, and they prove useful; one for the Gens, and one for G8F. They are applied manually when the pose is applied, and playing around with them to see what's best is required.
3feetwolf  
#776 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 9:46:22 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Dope Go to Quoted Post

How do I get this to work with any of the EJ fantasy skins? I always get a weird "saddle" discoloration around the crotch/thigh area. If I take the geoshell off it works fine, but I''d like to get this to work with the geoshells if possible. I get that even after I update the material/scripts.

Edit: Actually, nvm, I figured this out after playing around in with the surface settings.

Hi there :)
I have written a script to help you do the work. You just need to select the Geometry Shell prop in the Scene pane and run this script: 

www.dropbox.com/s/5mfwdd..._with_Geometry_Shell.dsa
thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
Dope on 4/4/2019(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#777 Posted : Wednesday, August 16, 2017 10:13:03 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: WritenWrong Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FumikoM Go to Quoted Post

Looks like you need a morph. 3Feetwolf, said iirc, that there would be some missing corrective morphs.

I have a couple of morphs that might help, if anyone can host, and they prove useful; one for the Gens, and one for G8F. They are applied manually when the pose is applied, and playing around with them to see what's best is required.

Thank you very much for your willingness to help me, WritenWrong :)
But since NGV8 has been released, I'm not sure if it is necessary to keep to create correction morphs for that correspond to G8F for NGV7......

cafebabe  
#778 Posted : Saturday, August 19, 2017 3:48:59 PM(UTC)
cafebabe

But since NGV8 has been released, I'm not sure if it is necessary to keep to create correction morphs for that correspond to G8F for NGV7......

NGV8 does not have the extra bones for Genitals and Anus. Those bones provided additional flexibility with rotation and scaling of those parts which were otherwise not possible with the provided morphs alone. So I still prefer to use NG7 on G8F figures instead of NGV8.

So please continue to support NGV7 for G8F or have those bones added to NGV8.
3feetwolf  
#779 Posted : Tuesday, August 22, 2017 3:45:26 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: cafebabe Go to Quoted Post

NGV8 does not have the extra bones for Genitals and Anus. Those bones provided additional flexibility with rotation and scaling of those parts which were otherwise not possible with the provided morphs alone. So I still prefer to use NG7 on G8F figures instead of NGV8.

So please continue to support NGV7 for G8F or have those bones added to NGV8.

I see, thank you :) I will consider this problem and find a best solution.

LegacyZulu  
#780 Posted : Monday, August 28, 2017 4:01:12 PM(UTC)
LegacyZulu

Anyone have a clue why this might be happening? Using NGV8 on addy's Caitlin. Same issue happens with their Amber character as well. Both use G3F Base UV's.