41 Pages«<3637383940>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mjw  
#741 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 5:30:47 AM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 124 post(s)
3feetwolf said: "Hi, I can not do anything before people add a geometry shell to their character, but I guess I can write a script, so that you can do all these steps with a double-click."
I don't completely understand this, but if it means that we can create our figures, coat them with whatever (dirt, water, etc) and subsequently add genitals that's helpful. I may be unwise, but I am assuming that for renders and general working the fewer elements on the fgure or in the scene the better, so if I am concentrating on the face, whatever is elsewhere is irrelevant and possibly wasteful?
I am slightly in awe of your technical abilities. I can't even cope with Hexagon and material settings.
m8trix33  
#742 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 6:49:32 PM(UTC)
m8trix33

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
No matter what i do, it always asks me to update the gens.  to install the update.

I redownloaded ALL the genz again and still it will NOT WORK....

very frustrated,,,,,,,
3feetwolf  
#743 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 8:46:17 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Originally Posted by: m8trix33 Go to Quoted Post
No matter what i do, it always asks me to update the gens.  to install the update.

I redownloaded ALL the genz again and still it will NOT WORK....

very frustrated,,,,,,,

Oh, I'm very sorry about this :(

Does this problem occur after you installed the update in the installation package of Paige?
If so, there is another customer has the same issue and I am resolving this problem for him.
Once I find out the solution, I will immediately let you know.

Before that, my suggestion is to open the Content Directory Manager in DS and move the library which the NGV7 has been installed into to the top of the list.
And then try to apply new gens to your characters again to see if the problem is gone.

m8trix33  
#744 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 9:17:19 PM(UTC)
m8trix33

if i have another v7 character and dont have the update for them does it matter.  meaning do i have to have all the add-ons for all the different v7's out there.  the main ones i mean.  Usually the addons / update or the new daz characters?

thanks for your help.
3feetwolf  
#745 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 9:30:53 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

if i have another v7 character and dont have the update for them does it matter.  meaning do i have to have all the add-ons for all the different v7's out there.  the main ones i mean.  Usually the addons / update or the new daz characters?

thanks for your help.

Hi :) 

Even if you don't have any of those updates, the new gens still can work properly. You can apply new gens to any characters that use Base Female, V7 and Eva 7 UV.

Does the new gens work now?

3feetwolf  
#746 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 10:06:11 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: mjw Go to Quoted Post
3feetwolf said: "Hi, I can not do anything before people add a geometry shell to their character, but I guess I can write a script, so that you can do all these steps with a double-click."
I don't completely understand this, but if it means that we can create our figures, coat them with whatever (dirt, water, etc) and subsequently add genitals that's helpful. I may be unwise, but I am assuming that for renders and general working the fewer elements on the fgure or in the scene the better, so if I am concentrating on the face, whatever is elsewhere is irrelevant and possibly wasteful?
I am slightly in awe of your technical abilities. I can't even cope with Hexagon and material settings.

Hello mjw :)
If I understand you correctly. You want to apply geometry shell prop such as wet body to a character first, and then add new gens to this character only when you need it. Am I right?
I think this is doable, according to my testing, you can apply the wet body to your character first, and then apply the new gens to her, at last follow the steps I provided to make them work together.

m8trix33  
#747 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 11:13:22 PM(UTC)
m8trix33

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

thanks for your help.

Even if you don't have any of those updates, the new gens still can work properly. You can apply new gens to any characters that use Base Female, V7 and Eva 7 UV.

no it doesnt.  for some reason it wont load....it just keeps saying must update....
3feetwolf  
#748 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 11:23:38 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

thanks for your help.

no it doesnt.  for some reason it wont load....it just keeps saying must update....

Hello,
Could you post some pictures to show me where you installed the new gens?
If you have problems uploading the pictures to the forum, please send me the email([email protected]).

mjw  
#749 Posted : Monday, June 12, 2017 4:42:49 AM(UTC)
mjw

3feetwolf said: "If I understand you correctly. You want to apply geometry shell prop such as wet body to a character first, and then add new gens to this character only when you need it. Am I right?
I think this is doable, according to my testing, you can apply the wet body to your character first, and then apply the new gens to her, at last follow the steps I provided to make them work together."
I will have a go. At present I am trying to get to grips with far too many new downloads due to overspending......
diamondd  
#750 Posted : Tuesday, June 13, 2017 3:12:33 PM(UTC)
diamondd

Today I got a email notice, as did anyone else here using Daz Studio of the newest update. Before I jump into to it, will it affect the use of the gens or cause problems, cause the New V7 Gens I got had the update fix for the previous version 4.9.3.166. Has anyone here tried it yet? Thanks
3feetwolf  
#751 Posted : Thursday, June 15, 2017 11:44:06 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: diamondd Go to Quoted Post
Today I got a email notice, as did anyone else here using Daz Studio of the newest update. Before I jump into to it, will it affect the use of the gens or cause problems, cause the New V7 Gens I got had the update fix for the previous version 4.9.3.166. Has anyone here tried it yet? Thanks

Hi :) please see this post:
http://www.renderotica.c...&m=132526#post132526

thanks 2 users thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
Communications on 6/16/2017(UTC), diamondd on 6/16/2017(UTC)
m8trix33  
#752 Posted : Friday, June 16, 2017 4:42:23 PM(UTC)
m8trix33

hey!

I think i figured it out and you most likely have already mentioned this to those that have some of the smae issues as i did.

You have to make sure that you only have one of these installed; meaning no duplicate directories.

I physically looked through my 3 different directories were i store my content and deleted all the duplicate directories.

After i did that and loaded a new daz i did the update file inside the directory and then it worked!

thanks 2 users thanked m8trix33 for this useful post.
diamondd on 6/16/2017(UTC), 3feetwolf on 6/18/2017(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#753 Posted : Sunday, June 18, 2017 8:32:00 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

hey!

I think i figured it out and you most likely have already mentioned this to those that have some of the smae issues as i did.

You have to make sure that you only have one of these installed; meaning no duplicate directories.

I physically looked through my 3 different directories were i store my content and deleted all the duplicate directories.

After i did that and loaded a new daz i did the update file inside the directory and then it worked!

Well done! I'm glad that you have resolved the problem :)

LegacyZulu  
#754 Posted : Wednesday, June 21, 2017 2:06:39 PM(UTC)
LegacyZulu

I seem to be having the same problem as Optika did a couple of pages back. Used NGV7 on Stevie by Rhiannon, along with other Rhiannon characters, and I'm getting the white area. In your instructions, you say to see if the translucency color for the skin is white (1, 1, 1), but it's (0.8, 0.4, 0) on her. Also, the SSS maps are not in the layers in the LIE editor when looking at the texture map for translucency color. Appreciate any help I can get.

tattooedillusions  
#755 Posted : Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:53:06 PM(UTC)
tattooedillusions

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 20 post(s)
That's because Rhi has been using NGS 2 for her skin shaders on her girls lately.  I'm have the same issues with any NGS characters now even with the NGS script for New Gens.  Seems to not work anymore for me.  Not sure if it's because of the Daz update or what the issue is.
mjw  
#756 Posted : Saturday, June 24, 2017 6:38:45 AM(UTC)
mjw

Hi. I received notification of an update for G8. Now I am totally lost. I looked at the downloads possible and saw about six. Given that I may not have updated as diligently as I should, which ones do I need to download, and is there a sequence, please? Iwould post an image, but I can't do so without a URL it appears....
Figured out how!

Edited by user Saturday, June 24, 2017 6:41:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mjw attached the following image(s):
New Gens updates.JPG
simontemplar  
#757 Posted : Sunday, June 25, 2017 2:55:46 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)
And who's our daddy? 3feetwolf's our daddy.
"That was fun. Let's do it again."
LegacyZulu  
#758 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 12:40:37 PM(UTC)
LegacyZulu

Do all of Rhiannon's characters use Anagenessis? Because I have the same issue on all of them. If that's the case, then they must have used the first version of it on their earlier characters, since the second wasn't out yet.
3feetwolf  
#759 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 8:42:50 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: mjw Go to Quoted Post
Hi. I received notification of an update for G8. Now I am totally lost. I looked at the downloads possible and saw about six. Given that I may not have updated as diligently as I should, which ones do I need to download, and is there a sequence, please? Iwould post an image, but I can't do so without a URL it appears....
Figured out how!

Hello, mjw

You just need to download and install 3feetwolf_NewGenitaliaForVictoria7_DS4-9-3-166.zip first(If you have already installed it, please ignore this step). 
Then download and install Update_for_G8F.zip. 

Update_20170213.zip and Update_20170423.zip only contain some new morphs(Please see the description of NGV7 in its product page for detail information). You can download and install these two packages if you need them.

The rest are old files. 

3feetwolf  
#760 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 8:47:57 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: LegacyZulu Go to Quoted Post
Do all of Rhiannon's characters use Anagenessis? Because I have the same issue on all of them. If that's the case, then they must have used the first version of it on their earlier characters, since the second wasn't out yet.

Sorry for the lat reply, I will test the Rhiannon's product immediately to find out the problem, and then get back to you as soon as possible.