41 Pages«<3031323334>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
3feetwolf  
#621 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2017 11:09:38 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mrvoll Go to Quoted Post
Any idea what would cause this?

I thought the New Gens just took the textures that were there, but this glowing stuff is not on the model.

I'm wondering why it is only the anus and the hood that is wrong but the rest is fine?

Which character do you use? 

Alch6560  
#622 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2017 4:33:23 PM(UTC)
Alch6560

Thank you very much. It has worked perfectly.
mrvoll  
#623 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 12:48:52 AM(UTC)
mrvoll

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

I thought the New Gens just took the textures that were there, but this glowing stuff is not on the model.

I'm wondering why it is only the anus and the hood that is wrong but the rest is fine?

Evany by Rhiannon
mrvoll  
#624 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 1:09:59 AM(UTC)
mrvoll

Evany's skin looks weird in the viewport, but renders great. I don't know if this first image of that helps you to figure this out.

In the second image, all I've done in add the gens. This time though, I've done all of those updates you put up. No change,
the sun still shines out of her ass :)

mrvoll attached the following image(s):
Evany looks weird in viewport.png
mrvoll  
#625 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 1:12:52 AM(UTC)
mrvoll

2nd image
Evany's skin looks good, there's this problem.png
WritenWrong  
#626 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 6:04:18 PM(UTC)
WritenWrong

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
You can manually change the textures, or add one if it hasn't done.

mrvoll  
#627 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 7:31:54 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Originally Posted by: WritenWrong Go to Quoted Post
You can manually change the textures, or add one if it hasn't done.

What?
jbabbsyd02  
#628 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 4:14:37 PM(UTC)
jbabbsyd02

Any chance of getting an update for FWSA Zetta?  https://www.*deleted*.com/mod/bcs/fwsa-zetta-for-victoria-7-and-genesis-3/119540

The skin tone is close, but does not mesh in the back.  It also crashes DAZ 4.9.2.70 if I apply your product after the character is loaded.

Your work is amazing!  Thank you!
cheesymaid  
#629 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 12:00:42 PM(UTC)
cheesymaid

Was thanked: 219 time(s) in 183 post(s)
I would just note that, for me, Fred Winkler/Sabby figures tend to need a lot of manual adjustment for everything, and not limited to 3fw's prop.

The Trans maps for the prop, along with the native translucency color from the FWSA figure and the transmitted color setting (also particular to FWSA or any other vendor), all would need to be looked at.

The 3fw trans maps seem to be very white. You just need to account for that in your textures, which may then need some adjustments in Photoshop or GIMP if you need fine tuning and you think it's slightly off. I'm not saying it's a waste of 3fw's time to account for texture variations in every vendor figure, but it's something that everyone should be prepared to do on their own, IMO.

If it's Base Female UV, there's not much to do in the way of correctives. You just need to know how to make your particular vendor figure look better under your rendering settings... believe me, i struggle with that all the time.
thanks 1 user thanked cheesymaid for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 3/12/2017(UTC)
3feetwolf  
#630 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2017 8:46:45 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: jbabbsyd02 Go to Quoted Post
Any chance of getting an update for FWSA Zetta?  https://www.*deleted*.com/mod/bcs/fwsa-zetta-for-victoria-7-and-genesis-3/119540

The skin tone is close, but does not mesh in the back.  It also crashes DAZ 4.9.2.70 if I apply your product after the character is loaded.

Your work is amazing!  Thank you!

Hi, I did the tests. Because Zetta's UV is Base Female, the new gens can be applied to her without any problems. So we don't need to make an update for Zetta.
As for the problem you have met, I would suggest upgrading your DAZ Studio to the latest version. Please let me know if this solution works for you or not :)

3feetwolf  
#631 Posted : Sunday, March 12, 2017 8:51:59 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: cheesymaid Go to Quoted Post
I would just note that, for me, Fred Winkler/Sabby figures tend to need a lot of manual adjustment for everything, and not limited to 3fw's prop.

The Trans maps for the prop, along with the native translucency color from the FWSA figure and the transmitted color setting (also particular to FWSA or any other vendor), all would need to be looked at.

The 3fw trans maps seem to be very white. You just need to account for that in your textures, which may then need some adjustments in Photoshop or GIMP if you need fine tuning and you think it's slightly off. I'm not saying it's a waste of 3fw's time to account for texture variations in every vendor figure, but it's something that everyone should be prepared to do on their own, IMO.

If it's Base Female UV, there's not much to do in the way of correctives. You just need to know how to make your particular vendor figure look better under your rendering settings... believe me, i struggle with that all the time.

Thank you very much, cheesymaid. Your advice is valuable to users :)

nightwolf1982  
#632 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 12:27:49 AM(UTC)
nightwolf1982

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 55 post(s)
You got lucky this time, 3feetwolf, Mika 7 uses the base G3F UVs. Don't have to crack the whip ;)
thanks 1 user thanked nightwolf1982 for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 3/16/2017(UTC)
palmer_aif  
#633 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 5:58:09 AM(UTC)
palmer_aif

3feetwolf, please check your PMs
Vergilldc  
#634 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:34:41 AM(UTC)
Vergilldc

Hi 3feetwolf! Very nice work you've done. :)

I want to export a character with the genitals using the fbx format. It is very important for me to also export the morphs for the genitals, but I don't know what name they have. I cannot find anything that works for this job. Is there a way to do this or do I have to export them manually one by one?
palmer_aif  
#635 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:27:10 AM(UTC)
palmer_aif

Anyway to get "New genitalia for V6" to work with Poison's Anus-gen2? I need a good anal morph and 3feetwood doesn't have one :( Any other way to get around this problem? Thanks? Im using Aiko 6 textures and G2F
3feetwolf  
#636 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:42:50 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: nightwolf1982 Go to Quoted Post
You got lucky this time, 3feetwolf, Mika 7 uses the base G3F UVs. Don't have to crack the whip ;)

Lol, nice blush

3feetwolf  
#637 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:44:48 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: palmer_aif Go to Quoted Post
Anyway to get "New genitalia for V6" to work with Poison's Anus-gen2? I need a good anal morph and 3feetwood doesn't have one :( Any other way to get around this problem? Thanks? Im using Aiko 6 textures and G2F

Hello, I have answered your question via PM. Please let me know if the answer helps you or not :)

3feetwolf  
#638 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:49:47 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Vergilldc Go to Quoted Post
Hi 3feetwolf! Very nice work you've done. :)

I want to export a character with the genitals using the fbx format. It is very important for me to also export the morphs for the genitals, but I don't know what name they have. I cannot find anything that works for this job. Is there a way to do this or do I have to export them manually one by one?

Thank you :)

About the fbx exporting, I have written a workaround, please see the detailed steps in the following thread:
http://www.renderotica.c...&t=115182#post125389
If you have any questions or problems, please let me know.

cheesymaid  
#639 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:07:28 PM(UTC)
cheesymaid

Was thanked: 219 time(s) in 183 post(s)
Just to demonstrate... I modified FWSA Grace because Fred Winkler/Sabby figures do not work with lower ISO settings on the camera, from what I have seen. You need higher ISO, and very strong light... which my normal render settings are not. And you can't guarantee that other artist work will do well under that setup, so I don't bother to fuck with my film speed or my lighting rigs just to fix their shit.

So, I modify a few things... Translucency color (not brown. Funny how a pale White girl needs dark brown Tranlucency colors), Translucency maps (because darker grey still fucks with your skin color under normal outdoor settings & film speeds), and I also sometimes need to change the Transmitted Color settings (including Transmitted Measurement Distance) under the Volume drop down of Surfaces... that's just how FWSA does their shit.

This works for the main body... but then you have to account for it in the New Gens scripting. You need to see what the output is, and then adjust it.

First image below is the default New Gens for V7 product, which is fine. The script worked, it did its job.

I want pinker lips. I want a rosy anus. Those require more work.

Look at the Translucency maps for the New Gens prop. Really look. They are, by default, in the grey scale... they pick up color from the Translucency setting, not the grey Translucency maps.

Since I lighten the Translucency map to get FWSA figures to work for me, that means I've lightened the colors in the Genitalia surrfaces... the Labia Minora, Anus, Vagina, and so on.

The fix is obvious. I can't re-darken the color for the Translucency map. That would make the entire surface a different shade.
What is necessary? You have to go in and modify the map itself. I added the colors that I wanted to the areas that I wanted... more pink!

After modifications to the Translucency maps, I get the second image below.

Bottom line: If your surfaces aren't doing what you want, you can easily go in and change them.
The New Gens script isn't broken just because you don't get a perfect image. You just need to be able to use GIMP or PhotoShop.

(Is the second image perfect? No. Probably needs more work. I'm just showing what a couple minutes of GIMP work can do.)

Edited by user Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:11:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cheesymaid attached the following image(s):
new gens default.jpg
pink trans maps.jpg
thanks 2 users thanked cheesymaid for this useful post.
Guttersnipe on 3/17/2017(UTC), sostene on 3/25/2017(UTC)
mrvoll  
#640 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2017 11:01:01 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post

Evany by Rhiannon

So, I'm getting the feeling that you're not going to answer this question....Perhaps it's slipped to the back burner?
Anyway, so here it is again.
The model is Evany, by Rhiannon. I've since noticed it on her other models. I've figured out that the weird color in the viewport is because she is using that Anagenesis 2 skin modifier on her models.
Here is an image again to refresh your memory on my original question about this.
Her anus is so bright, it''s like the sun is shining from it.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 22, 2017 11:03:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Anus and Hood glowing.png