4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mrvoll  
#41 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2016 2:35:06 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: marble51 Go to Quoted Post
Just noticed this in the store (I don't visit so regularly). This looks like it has some advantages over Mike's product but from the promo pictures I get the impression that there's no "natural" option - they all looked trimmed neatly, even the full hair version. Is this just the promo or is there an untrimmed option? And by trimmed, I mean the edges are neat lines and not "bushy".

Hi marble,

In the manual, I said that the image we used to create new pubic hair should be mostly black and white, with a small amount of gray allowed where the black and white meet. The hairs will be generated in the black and dark gray areas.

Now I have modified the script. All the gray areas will generate hairs, and the density of the pubic hair increases as the gray scale deepens. The hairs on the edge of the new pubic hair will be sparse and the hairs close to the center will be intensive. By enlarging the gray area in the black and white image, we can get a natural transition.

If you are interested, please download the new script and the sample black and white image for testing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vfkpib9uz1e3ewy/Basic%20Shape%20Creator%20-%20Test.dse
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0rvkywgu5g2mh7/BW_Preset_04_Test.jpg

Where do I copy these files to? I've read the instructions, but they refer to .DSA scripts, and this is a .DSE script. I'd like to try this, but I don't know where to put these two files or how to find the new script once it is installed

JOn
mrvoll  
#42 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2016 2:53:07 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Originally Posted by: simontemplar Go to Quoted Post
I really liked the way your v6 version worked, with the script and all. It made for very well groomed pubic hair :)

The V6 version has a lot of restrictions on users. So the pubic hair for NGV7 uses a new approach to generate hair shape and stubble. I hope you will like it :)

The labia majora looks bumpy and realistic in this image. What model are you using? Is it part of the NGV7? I have never seen it look this realistic in using the product.

Jon
3feetwolf  
#43 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2016 3:00:24 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mrvoll Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: simontemplar Go to Quoted Post
I really liked the way your v6 version worked, with the script and all. It made for very well groomed pubic hair :)

The V6 version has a lot of restrictions on users. So the pubic hair for NGV7 uses a new approach to generate hair shape and stubble. I hope you will like it :)

The labia majora looks bumpy and realistic in this image. What model are you using? Is it part of the NGV7? I have never seen it look this realistic in using the product.
Jon

Hi :)

You need to browse to the library where Pubic Hair for NGV7 was installed into and copy the dse file to 'People\Genesis 3 Female\Anatomy\New Genitalia For Victoria 7\Pubic Hair\Pubic Hair Shaping Tool'. Then you can copy the jpg file to 'Runtime\Textures\3feetwolf\PubicHairforNGV7'.
So that you can run the new dse file in DAZ Studio, and then select this jpg file to specify the range of pubic hair.

I remember that I used Victoria 7. The labia majora of NGV7 actually uses the torso map of the characters. So if the labia majora part has rich details in a character's torso map, then after applying the new gens to this character, the labia majora of the new gens will has the same details too.

marble51  
#44 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2016 4:00:36 PM(UTC)
marble51

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Just noticed this in the store (I don't visit so regularly). This looks like it has some advantages over Mike's product but from the promo pictures I get the impression that there's no "natural" option - they all looked trimmed neatly, even the full hair version. Is this just the promo or is there an untrimmed option? And by trimmed, I mean the edges are neat lines and not "bushy".

Hi marble,

In the manual, I said that the image we used to create new pubic hair should be mostly black and white, with a small amount of gray allowed where the black and white meet. The hairs will be generated in the black and dark gray areas.

Now I have modified the script. All the gray areas will generate hairs, and the density of the pubic hair increases as the gray scale deepens. The hairs on the edge of the new pubic hair will be sparse and the hairs close to the center will be intensive. By enlarging the gray area in the black and white image, we can get a natural transition.

If you are interested, please download the new script and the sample black and white image for testing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vfkpib9uz1e3ewy/Basic%20Shape%20Creator%20-%20Test.dse

Many thanks for looking into this after my suggestion. I have recently emigrated and am awaiting shipping of my computer so it will be a few weeks before I can download/test but I most certainly will do so as soon as it arrives.

Once again I thank you for your excellent customer support - even when I have not yet bought the product! It only encourages me to buy more from you.
mrvoll  
#45 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2017 1:00:16 AM(UTC)
mrvoll

I'm trying to use the above test image with the test tool and I'm getting an error saying that it is in color...
mrvoll attached the following image(s):
Error message.png
3feetwolf  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 9:12:01 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

I'm trying to use the above test image with the test tool and I'm getting an error saying that it is in color...

Hi,
The image we use to create pubic hair must be a black and white image.
But I downloaded the test image from Dropbox and successfully used it to create a pubic hair.
So I am not sure why you met this problem...
May be you can try to convert the image you downloaded to black and white in Photoshop or GIMP?

thanks 1 user thanked 3feetwolf for this useful post.
mrvoll on 1/4/2017(UTC)
mrvoll  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 12:48:35 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Hi,
The image we use to create pubic hair must be a black and white image.
But I downloaded the test image from Dropbox and successfully used it to create a pubic hair.
So I am not sure why you met this problem...
May be you can try to convert the image you downloaded to black and white in Photoshop or GIMP?

The image would not open - it said it was corrupt. I tried downloading it a couple of times with the same result.
I ended up downloading it directly from the Dropbox and that worked fine.

I have tried it and there are no hairs around the anus. Is there something I need to do to modifiy the Jpeg to make that happen?

Thanks

Jon

mrvoll  
#48 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2017 7:35:15 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Hi marble,

I have tried this and it looks great, but there are no hairs around the anus. Is there something I must do to the image to make the anus hairs show up too?

Thanks,

Jon

NikitaHedon  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 4:18:31 AM(UTC)
NikitaHedon

I just want to say I have been having so much fun with this product it has completely derailed the work I was doing on a few stories. 
Absolutely love it! I wish more products were as well put together as this one. 
Thank you!

The only trouble I did have was figuring out how to use the razor tool. It wasn't as intuitive as I thought. In particular, I had / have a hard time visualizing how the black and white image is used with that tool. Need to do a little more experimentation to get the hang of it.

Some experiments.

NikitaHedon attached the following image(s):
Tiffany_NewGens_Closeup_Full_Bush_Less-Full3.png
Tiffany_NewGens_Closeup_Full_Bush_Less-Full2.png
marble51  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 12:23:40 AM(UTC)
marble51

Originally Posted by: NikitaHedon Go to Quoted Post
I just want to say I have been having so much fun with this product it has completely derailed the work I was doing on a few stories. 
Thank you!

The only trouble I did have was figuring out how to use the razor tool. It wasn't as intuitive as I thought. In particular, I had / have a hard time visualizing how the black and white image is used with that tool. Need to do a little more experimentation to get the hang of it.

Some experiments.

Wow, those two should be used as Promo images - I'll definitely buy now!
3feetwolf  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 10:23:44 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

I have tried this and it looks great, but there are no hairs around the anus. Is there something I must do to the image to make the anus hairs show up too?

Thanks,

Jon

Oh, sorry I didn't notice your question...
Yes, you just need to edit the image, add some black or gray color to the anus position.
And then use this modified image to generate the new pubic hair.
3feetwolf  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 10:36:23 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: NikitaHedon Go to Quoted Post
Thank you!

Some experiments.

I'm very happy that you like this prop.
I must admit that the Pubic Hair Shaving Tool is a bit difficult to use. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me :)

3feetwolf  
#53 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 10:41:05 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

blush

marble51  
#54 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 10:49:58 PM(UTC)
marble51

blush

Sorry, 3FW, no disrespect intended :) It is just that the promo images (and the readme PDF pictures) didn't show the kind of finished article that I was looking for and those two images by NikitaHedon show me exactly how good the product can look. I really like the natural look of them - just my preference.

mrvoll  
#55 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 3:48:12 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Thanks,

Jon

Yes, you just need to edit the image, add some black or gray color to the anus position.

That's great :)
How do I know where the anus position is? Do I just kind of guess where I think it might be? I don't want hairs down her leg :)

I there a way to access the grey template for the first two presets that already have anus hair and then modify them with the fade out?

Edited by user Thursday, January 19, 2017 2:00:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3feetwolf  
#56 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 10:07:18 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

blush

Sorry, 3FW, no disrespect intended :) It is just that the promo images (and the readme PDF pictures) didn't show the kind of finished article that I was looking for and those two images by NikitaHedon show me exactly how good the product can look. I really like the natural look of them - just my preference.

No, this is my bad. I was a little lazy so I didn't provide enough promo pictures...

3feetwolf  
#57 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 10:15:51 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Thanks,

Jon

That's great :)
How do I know where the anus position is? Do I just kind of guess where I think it might be? I don't want hairs down her leg :)
I there a way to access the grey template for the first two presets that already have anus hair and then modify them with the fade out?

Hi,
You can open 'black-white-image-template.psd' to see where is the anus position :)
Yes, you can also modify the existing black and white images to get what you need.

mjw  
#58 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 10:46:36 AM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hi. I may be doing soething wrong, but I don't seem able to load the shaping tool. I would attach an image to show but can't seem to cope with that either. I can create the 'pattern' in software (incidentally setting it as a single psd may prevent others using different software  from opening it) but get the error when I try to run the script. It tells me to look at the log, but the log says 
Saved image: C:\Users\MJ\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\d395.png
Loading script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Anatomy/New Genitalia For Victoria 7/Pubic Hair/Pubic Hair Shaping Tool/Basic Shape Creator.dse
Failed to load script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Anatomy/New Genitalia For Victoria 7/Pubic Hair/Pubic Hair Shaping Tool/Basic Shape Creator.dse
Loading script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Anatomy/New Genitalia For Victoria 7/Pubic Hair/Pubic Hair Shaping Tool/Basic Shape Creator.dse
Failed to load script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Anatomy/New Genitalia For Victoria 7/Pubic Hair/Pubic Hair Shaping Tool/Basic Shape Creator.dse
Words of one syllable for a thicko, please!
Great to have really versatile pubic hair, though.

Thanks,

mjw
3feetwolf  
#59 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2017 9:16:20 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: mjw Go to Quoted Post
Hi. I may be doing soething wrong, but I don't seem able to load the shaping tool. I would attach an image to show but can't seem to cope with that either. I can create the 'pattern' in software (incidentally setting it as a single psd may prevent others using different software  from opening it) but get the error when I try to run the script. It tells me to look at the log, but the log says 
Saved image: C:\Users\MJ\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\d395.png
Words of one syllable for a thicko, please!
Great to have really versatile pubic hair, though.

Thanks,
mjw

Hi mjw, which version of DAZ Studio you are using? This error message usually means that you are using a lower version.

mjw  
#60 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2017 8:23:34 AM(UTC)
mjw

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Thanks 3feetwolf. 4.8