2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
arrow1  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 6:54:33 PM(UTC)
arrow1

I have had 3feetwolf's genitals for Victoria 7 for sometime.However I can never match the gen textures with the skin textures.I am using DAZ Studio 4.9 Pro and I understand that these textures can be matched in the surface editor. Can anyone assist me with settings (perhaps a screen cap) of how this can be achieved. Cheers
3feetwolf  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 10:14:29 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Originally Posted by: arrow1 Go to Quoted Post
I have had 3feetwolf's genitals for Victoria 7 for sometime.However I can never match the gen textures with the skin textures.I am using DAZ Studio 4.9 Pro and I understand that these textures can be matched in the surface editor. Can anyone assist me with settings (perhaps a screen cap) of how this can be achieved. Cheers

Hi, new gens for V7 will automatically match the skin textures. So I am not sure why it didn't work for you at present, could you please describe your steps in detail?

mrvoll  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2016 5:53:23 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: arrow1 Go to Quoted Post

Hi, new gens for V7 will automatically match the skin textures. So I am not sure why it didn't work for you at present, could you please describe your steps in detail?

I have the same problem. Sometimes they match, but other times the gens are very pale, almost as if they are leached of color. Most of the time I see this only with the labia minora. The rest will look fine, but not the minora. The purple one attached is a new Genesis 3 model I just bought called MDD Annabelle. She has no hint of purple anywhere on her skin, so I'm not sure where this comes from. The anus is alright, so why is it only the minora that is purple? Also, see the darker model, she has lighter gens than the caucasian model and I think hers should be darker. All I'm doing in loading the model, and then loading the gens and rendering.
mrvoll attached the following image(s):
Purple Minora.png
Rendered.png
Viewport looks matched.png
3feetwolf  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 5:11:21 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: mrvoll Go to Quoted Post

I have the same problem. Sometimes they match, but other times the gens are very pale, almost as if they are leached of color. Most of the time I see this only with the labia minora. The rest will look fine, but not the minora. The purple one attached is a new Genesis 3 model I just bought called MDD Annabelle. She has no hint of purple anywhere on her skin, so I'm not sure where this comes from. The anus is alright, so why is it only the minora that is purple? Also, see the darker model, she has lighter gens than the caucasian model and I think hers should be darker. All I'm doing in loading the model, and then loading the gens and rendering.

Hello mrvoll, thank you very much for the pictures :)
Please check the material settings of labia minora after applying the new gens to Annabelle.
You can set a higher value for Translucency Weight and render again.
In general, the higher the value of Translucency Weight, the stronger the SSS effect, the deeper the color of the labia minora.
Please let me know what you find out.

mrvoll  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2016 4:54:10 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

This works great for the Labia Minora, but is there not something similar for the anus? Changing the anus color following the instructions results in crude unrealistic anus colors.
3feetwolf  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2016 8:55:33 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

This works great for the Labia Minora, but is there not something similar for the anus? Changing the anus color following the instructions results in crude unrealistic anus colors.

Hi, could you post a picture about the anus colors?

mrvoll  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2016 6:54:00 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

I am having a problem still with the coloring of the NGV7.

As you can see from the attached image, I've learned how to make the labia minora a nice color, and I have learned how to do the same with the anus, but the hood is still coming out white.

It looks like dead skin :(

I've tried adding genital materials from various other models, but the hood usually comes out white/grey like this, while everything else comes out correct. On some models it doesn't, but I think that is because the surface layer of the skin is dark, and because of that, I can't get those labia minora to look correct. Isn't there a way to do this like I can with the labia minora (bringing the subsurface layer more to the front)? It seems to me that the hood is coming out white/grey like this because it is folded up and away from the subsurface skin, like the labia minora is. So shouldn't there be the same controls available for the hood as there are for the labia minora? It's such a shame to be able to come only 90% of the way to making the NGV7 perfect :)

Thanks,

JOn

Hood is White.png
mrvoll  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2016 7:11:58 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Following up to the question I just asked about the hood, is it not also possible to make a similar adjustment available to us so that we can have a ruddy colored labia majora? I mean, if it's possible to make the labia minora ruddy colored, then why can we not make the labia majora darker red? I also have your pubic hairs (excellent product! :), and you have created a mask (in the thread) that uses a grey gradient to make the hairs less sparse towards the edges and fade into the area's of no hair. Can you not do something similar with the labia majora where the subsurface color and be brought to the front by adjusting the translucency strength? If you used a similar white/grey/black mask, wouldn't you be able to have the subsurface red color be darker towards the center and drop off quickly at the edges of the labia majora, as in these images of real female genitals?

Thanks,

Jon

Edited by user Thursday, December 22, 2016 7:45:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ruddy 1.png
Ruddy 2.png
Ruddy 3.png
3feetwolf  
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 24, 2016 4:26:50 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

I am having a problem still with the coloring of the NGV7.

As you can see from the attached image, I've learned how to make the labia minora a nice color, and I have learned how to do the same with the anus, but the hood is still coming out white.

It looks like dead skin :(

I've tried adding genital materials from various other models, but the hood usually comes out white/grey like this, while everything else comes out correct. On some models it doesn't, but I think that is because the surface layer of the skin is dark, and because of that, I can't get those labia minora to look correct. Isn't there a way to do this like I can with the labia minora (bringing the subsurface layer more to the front)? It seems to me that the hood is coming out white/grey like this because it is folded up and away from the subsurface skin, like the labia minora is. So shouldn't there be the same controls available for the hood as there are for the labia minora? It's such a shame to be able to come only 90% of the way to making the NGV7 perfect :)

Thanks,

JOn

Hi, another user has encountered the similar problem, please refer to #533 to #536 in the support thread of NGV7:
http://www.renderotica.c...&m=129612#post129612
I hope they can help you resolve this issue.

Thank you very much for the suggestion, I fully understand what you mean.
I also hope to be able to provide a convenient way to adjust the hood color, and the hood can also be perfectly integrated into the surrounding skin.
But according to the construction of Surfaces and Shaders of current daz3d characters, I'm afraid I can not do this.
Because of my poor English and lack of knowledge, I don't know how to explain the reason to you...I'm very sorry...

mrvoll  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2017 6:37:59 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Hi, another user has encountered the similar problem, please refer to #533 to #536 in the support thread of NGV7:
http://www.renderotica.c...&m=129612#post129612
I hope they can help you resolve this issue.

Thank you very much for the suggestion, I fully understand what you mean.
I also hope to be able to provide a convenient way to adjust the hood color, and the hood can also be perfectly integrated into the surrounding skin.
But according to the construction of Surfaces and Shaders of current daz3d characters, I'm afraid I can not do this.
Because of my poor English and lack of knowledge, I don't know how to explain the reason to you...I'm very sorry...

Well you seemed to be able to color the anus. Is it not a matter of doing something similar for the hood and the labia?
nightwolf1982  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2017 12:00:03 AM(UTC)
nightwolf1982

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 27 post(s)
mrvoll:  The reason the anus color can be adjusted is because the anusColor layers in LIE are simple color layers with transparency maps.  It's literally just a matter of changing the layer's color.  The hood uses the same setup, but instead of using the layer color, it has a texture map applied which overrides the color.  You can remove the map, but any changes you make to the layer color will affect the entire gens.
nightwolf1982 attached the following image(s):
LIENoTexture.jpg
mrvoll  
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2017 4:54:53 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Originally Posted by: nightwolf1982 Go to Quoted Post
mrvoll:  The reason the anus color can be adjusted is because the anusColor layers in LIE are simple color layers with transparency maps.  It's literally just a matter of changing the layer's color.  The hood uses the same setup, but instead of using the layer color, it has a texture map applied which overrides the color.  You can remove the map, but any changes you make to the layer color will affect the entire gens.

Ok, well just forget about the hood for the moment. That's not really my question anymore since that was somewhat addressed elsewhere earlier.

Why can't the labia be colored reddish?

If it's possible to use LIE to put tattoos anywhere on the characters skin, then why isn't is possible to overlay a reddish tattoo that is actually an image of a real ruddy colored labia over the skin of the New Gens Labia area? All you'd need are 3 or 4 overlays so that you'd have some choice. If the image fades off towards the edges of the "tattoo", then it should just blend into the surrounding skin of any particular model. Isn't it the same idea as what's done with make up around the eyes of the models? You simply pick the make up you want to use and it's overlayed around the eyes. Why can't that be done on the area around the labia minora (the labia majora). Eyes have texture maps too, yet they work fine this way.
3feetwolf  
#13 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2017 8:30:07 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Ok, well just forget about the hood for the moment. That's not really my question anymore since that was somewhat addressed elsewhere earlier.

If it's possible to use LIE to put tattoos anywhere on the characters skin, then why isn't is possible to overlay a reddish tattoo that is actually an image of a real ruddy colored labia over the skin of the New Gens Labia area? All you'd need are 3 or 4 overlays so that you'd have some choice. If the image fades off towards the edges of the "tattoo", then it should just blend into the surrounding skin of any particular model. Isn't it the same idea as what's done with make up around the eyes of the models? You simply pick the make up you want to use and it's overlayed around the eyes. Why can't that be done on the area around the labia minora (the labia majora). Eyes have texture maps too, yet they work fine this way.

Hi, new gens is similar to character's skin, its color is determined by Base Color and SSS settings.
Because different artists create different skin material settings for their characters, in order to make the new gens match the skin of different characters, when the new gens is applied to a character, it inherits most material settings of her skin, including Base Color and SSS settings.
In other words, the color of the labia depends mainly on the material settings of your character, I can not pre-specify its color.
Even if I make a perfect color preset for a character such as Victoria 7, it could not match other characters.

mrvoll  
#14 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2017 8:23:57 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Hi, new gens is similar to character's skin, its color is determined by Base Color and SSS settings.
Because different artists create different skin material settings for their characters, in order to make the new gens match the skin of different characters, when the new gens is applied to a character, it inherits most material settings of her skin, including Base Color and SSS settings.
In other words, the color of the labia depends mainly on the material settings of your character, I can not pre-specify its color.
Even if I make a perfect color preset for a character such as Victoria 7, it could not match other characters.

I understand all that, but you're not explaining why LIE can't be used to overlay a ruddy colored image of a labia majora over the New Gens. I have several tattoos that I can use on different Genesis 3 models and they overlay just fine regardless of the Base Color. See images.

Can't you just map a tattoo type of overlay that is ruddy colored over the labia majora?
Tattoo LIE.png
3feetwolf  
#15 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2017 8:11:42 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

I understand all that, but you're not explaining why LIE can't be used to overlay a ruddy colored image of a labia majora over the New Gens. I have several tattoos that I can use on different Genesis 3 models and they overlay just fine regardless of the Base Color. See images.
Can't you just map a tattoo type of overlay that is ruddy colored over the labia majora?

Uh, I'm sorry I misunderstood your meaning. When you said 'labia', I thought you were referring to the labia minora...

If you want to superimpose new colors onto the labia majora, you can apply them to the labia majora of your character first, and then run the script of new gens. Then the labia majora of new gens will also have these colors.

Or, you can add the new gens to your character first, and then use LIE to manually overlay the new colors over the labia majora of new gens.

mrvoll  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 11:57:03 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

Uh, I'm sorry I misunderstood your meaning. When you said 'labia', I thought you were referring to the labia minora...

If you want to superimpose new colors onto the labia majora, you can apply them to the labia majora of your character first, and then run the script of new gens. Then the labia majora of new gens will also have these colors.

Or, you can add the new gens to your character first, and then use LIE to manually overlay the new colors over the labia majora of new gens.

Could you please read my original question about this (#8 post) above? That's where I asked about the labia majora originally, plus it contains some other questions/ideas/concepts regarding this. I'm basically wondering why I can change the translucency color of the labia minora to a certain color and then adjust the translucency strength to get it looking right, but not so with the hood or the labia minora? The anus can be adjusted just by making some similar simple adjustments in LIE.
SimonJM  
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 11:16:33 AM(UTC)
SimonJM

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I seem to be getting a lot of DS crashes (using the latest, 4.9.3.166) when the G3F has a darker skin tone - one example would be Divya by DTG Studios. Load G3F, apply Iray default textures for Character, load NGV7 and ... "DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0033:00000000002C0070" Repeat, but use the 3DL version of the texture and all is well.
3feetwolf  
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:21:17 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Could you please read my original question about this (#8 post) above? That's where I asked about the labia majora originally, plus it contains some other questions/ideas/concepts regarding this. I'm basically wondering why I can change the translucency color of the labia minora to a certain color and then adjust the translucency strength to get it looking right, but not so with the hood or the labia minora? The anus can be adjusted just by making some similar simple adjustments in LIE.

I'm sorry maybe my last answer was not clear enough. So I will take Victoria 7 as an example to illustrate the process in detail.
1. Open the torso diffuse map of Victoria 7 with Photoshop, then add the black and gray color to the gens part. Save the modified image as LabiaMajoraMask-V7.jpg.
2. Select Torso surface of Victoria 7 in DAZ Studio, and then use LIE to open the texture of Base Color.
3. With LabiaMajoraMask-V7.jpg as the mask, add a reddish color to the gens part of Victoria 7.
4. Apply NGV7 to Victoria 7 and render.
Does the result fit your needs?

3feetwolf attached the following image(s):
LabiaMajoraMask-V7.jpg
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
3feetwolf  
#19 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 9:25:59 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: SimonJM Go to Quoted Post
I seem to be getting a lot of DS crashes (using the latest, 4.9.3.166) when the G3F has a darker skin tone - one example would be Divya by DTG Studios. Load G3F, apply Iray default textures for Character, load NGV7 and ... "DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0033:00000000002C0070" Repeat, but use the 3DL version of the texture and all is well.

Oh, that's too bad...
I haven't encountered this problem so far, but I will test this Divya.

mrvoll  
#20 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2017 11:23:37 PM(UTC)
mrvoll

I'm sorry maybe my last answer was not clear enough. So I will take Victoria 7 as an example to illustrate the process in detail.
1. Open the torso diffuse map of Victoria 7 with Photoshop, then add the black and gray color to the gens part. Save the modified image as LabiaMajoraMask-V7.jpg.
2. Select Torso surface of Victoria 7 in DAZ Studio, and then use LIE to open the texture of Base Color.
3. With LabiaMajoraMask-V7.jpg as the mask, add a reddish color to the gens part of Victoria 7.
4. Apply NGV7 to Victoria 7 and render.
Does the result fit your needs?

This looks great! It's exactly what I'm trying to do.
But I'm having trouble following your instructions.
I get steps 1 and 2 no problem (I'm actually using Gimp, but instead of making a new mask , I'm downloading yours and trying this with Victoria 7, which should fit fine)

Then with LIE open, as in your images, I create a New Layer with the plus sign. Then I click on that and create a Mask with the plus sign. After that I end up with the file structure you have in your images.

I'm not sure at what point I tell LIE to use the LabiaMajoraMask-V7.jpg though. In your images the resources all say "none". I've tried selecting Mask and then changing the resource to the mask Jpg, but what I get is a black image with a hole where the mask is where I can see the torso, but I do not get to see the whole thing.
I've tried changing the color and the opacity the way you have it, but I don't see any changes to the torso. I don't think the mask is actually doing anything.

How do I use the LabiaMajoraMask.jpg as the mask in step 3?