41 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dsv4600  
#81 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2015 12:58:00 PM(UTC)
dsv4600

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
OK, so I don't know what was going on, but I just tried again and there is no problem. Loads and renders fine on Gillian HD. I must be suffering from eyestrain or something - have been working hard at getting my latest comic finished, the first to be created using only DAZ Studio - so I must have mixed something up somewhere.

Anyway, once again, keep up the outstanding work!
simontemplar  
#82 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2015 4:42:41 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Annnn~~~~d now, Karen is out. ^^; with her own UVS.
"That was fun. Let's do it again."
WritenWrong  
#83 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2015 9:42:06 AM(UTC)
WritenWrong

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 3feetwolf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: WritenWrong Go to Quoted Post
I notice the GensMapB_49723_1009 etc in the temp file; I wish to customise the images and store them in a seperate content folder, will I need to do anything with the varous GensMap.

In addition, I have also noticed that when more than one instance of your genitals in the scene, one of both will render without textures, even though the show up on the model.

You can copy this file from the DS temporary directory and paste it into another folder.
Then modify and save it as a new file.
At this time you can replace the corresponding original texture of new gens with this new texture.
Please note that the new gens may have more than one place with the same original texture, you need to replace one by one.

Or you can use LIE to open the original texture of new gens directly in the DS, to see its hierarchy.
And then in photoshop or GIMP, you can manually put the skin textures of character and new gens templates assembled in accordance with the same hierarchy, then modify and save as a new file.
At last, replace the original texture of new gens according to the previous method.
This way would give you more flexibility.

Hi 3fw

I missed this reply and just went looking for it, as I remembered the question I asked.

Is the variable: var g_TempPath = App.getTempPath(); in the New Genitalia For Victoria 7.dsa file referencing my Daz studio temp file?
eg: ...\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp

Just trying to find it in the script so I can modify it and then move them if I decide to modify my own textires.
3feetwolf  
#84 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2015 8:30:18 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Originally Posted by: simontemplar Go to Quoted Post

LOL, endless updating.
Thank you for the reminding : )
3feetwolf  
#85 Posted : Sunday, August 23, 2015 8:31:40 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

I notice the GensMapB_49723_1009 etc in the temp file; I wish to customise the images and store them in a seperate content folder, will I need to do anything with the varous GensMap.

In addition, I have also noticed that when more than one instance of your genitals in the scene, one of both will render without textures, even though the show up on the model.

You can copy this file from the DS temporary directory and paste it into another folder.
Then modify and save it as a new file.
At this time you can replace the corresponding original texture of new gens with this new texture.
Please note that the new gens may have more than one place with the same original texture, you need to replace one by one.

Or you can use LIE to open the original texture of new gens directly in the DS, to see its hierarchy.
And then in photoshop or GIMP, you can manually put the skin textures of character and new gens templates assembled in accordance with the same hierarchy, then modify and save as a new file.
At last, replace the original texture of new gens according to the previous method.
This way would give you more flexibility.

Hi 3fw

I missed this reply and just went looking for it, as I remembered the question I asked.

Is the variable: var g_TempPath = App.getTempPath(); in the New Genitalia For Victoria 7.dsa file referencing my Daz studio temp file?
eg: ...\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp

Just trying to find it in the script so I can modify it and then move them if I decide to modify my own textires.

Yes, g_TempPath is referencing your DAZ Studio temporary files directory.
This directory can be set in the Preference window.
You can change it to a path which is easier to be remembered, such as D:\Daz Studio\Temporary Files.
KristinF  
#86 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:56:16 AM(UTC)
KristinF

Was thanked: 127 time(s) in 114 post(s)

LOL, endless updating.
Keep making the updates for your amazing fanny and I will keep buying them. Eva and Karen? And with your hot skills how about making some amazingly real nipples yes

"The higher and more advanced the civilisation, the more perverted the sex" Aldous Huxley
cheesymaid  
#87 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2015 4:29:35 PM(UTC)
cheesymaid

Was thanked: 219 time(s) in 183 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KristinF Go to Quoted Post
Keep making the updates for your amazing fanny and I will keep buying them. Eva and Karen? And with your hot skills how about making some amazingly real nipples yes

Eva is already available (and for free, no less).

Karen is somewhere in the pipeline. Another reason I went with the pro bundle.

I would LOVE some good nipple morphs. Zev0's breast control for Genesis 3 is apparently not in the near term. I don't know about Natural Petite Morphs for any of the Genesis 3 girls (the NPMs for Genesis 2 girls had nice puffy nipples).

There's a breast product on *deleted*, but I haven't bought anything at that site for a while.
thanks 1 user thanked cheesymaid for this useful post.
3feetwolf on 8/31/2015(UTC)
jordynlexee12  
#88 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2015 4:44:13 PM(UTC)
jordynlexee12

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Mr. Wolf,

I'm a brand new user to DAZ, so please forgive the very basic question here. I purchased your new gen for V7 and I don't see it in DAZ. I unzipped the files (DUF Folder, Material Examples Folder, Shape Presets Folder, etc.) into "My DAZ 3D Library > People > Genesis 3 Female > Anatomy > New Genitalia For Victoria 7".

In DAZ Studio 4.8, I load Victoria 7. I look under Products > All > Anatomy > External and all I can select is Genesis 3 Female Genitalia. I don't see your products at all.

I have similar problems not being able to see other things I have purchased from Renderotica, so I am guessing that I don't understand where to properly unzip the files so they fall into the correct folder (?).

Is there any instructional thread for a complete newbie to explain the basics of installing and then finding and using a product like this?

I don't have trouble when I purchase directly from the DAZ website. But of course, all the fun stuff is over here. I just need help figuring out how to use it.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

jordynlexee12 attached the following image(s):
Gen for V7 Install Path.JPG
thanks 1 user thanked jordynlexee12 for this useful post.
cheesymaid on 8/26/2015(UTC)
EhJay  
#89 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2015 5:33:41 PM(UTC)
EhJay

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 65 post(s)
You could try these generic DS installation instructions. They may help.

http://www.renderotica.c...ntent-in-Daz-Studio.aspx
cheesymaid  
#90 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2015 5:44:05 PM(UTC)
cheesymaid

Originally Posted by: jordynlexee12 Go to Quoted Post
Mr. Wolf,

I'm a brand new user to DAZ, so please forgive the very basic question here. I purchased your new gen for V7 and I don't see it in DAZ. I unzipped the files (DUF Folder, Material Examples Folder, Shape Presets Folder, etc.) into "My DAZ 3D Library > People > Genesis 3 Female > Anatomy > New Genitalia For Victoria 7".

In DAZ Studio 4.8, I load Victoria 7. I look under Products > All > Anatomy > External and all I can select is Genesis 3 Female Genitalia. I don't see your products at all.

I have similar problems not being able to see other things I have purchased from Renderotica, so I am guessing that I don't understand where to properly unzip the files so they fall into the correct folder (?).

Is there any instructional thread for a complete newbie to explain the basics of installing and then finding and using a product like this?

I don't have trouble when I purchase directly from the DAZ website. But of course, all the fun stuff is over here. I just need help figuring out how to use it.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

It looks like you're trying to use your Smart Content tab to locate non Daz product. This will not work. Only Daz content with metadata will show up there.

You must use the Content Library tab for non Daz product.

Ehjay's link should explain it all.
Masterstroke  
#91 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 9:17:58 AM(UTC)
Masterstroke

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 171 post(s)
Hi there.hi My problem is, I've made a custom G3F body morph, but the new genitalia doesn't follow this new body morph. How to make it follow?
(How to add images from my HDD here?)
(never mind, found it. weird system, though)

Edited by user Monday, August 31, 2015 9:20:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Masterstroke attached the following image(s):
Error_01.jpg
Error_02.jpg
cheesymaid  
#92 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 10:13:27 AM(UTC)
cheesymaid

Did you use the Scale dials under the General drop-down?

I seem to recall others having issues when rescaling the Hip region rather than using the Actor/Morph dials...
Masterstroke  
#93 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 11:48:18 AM(UTC)
Masterstroke

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 171 post(s)
I have used some scalings, but when setting scales back to default, the error remains. Other characters with scaled bodyparts work fine. It is my custom morph, which causes this error. I don't understand why and how to fix it.
3feetwolf  
#94 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 7:03:43 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: Masterstroke Go to Quoted Post
I have used some scalings, but when setting scales back to default, the error remains. Other characters with scaled bodyparts work fine. It is my custom morph, which causes this error. I don't understand why and how to fix it.

Hi,
The new gens has two additional bones: Genitals and Anus, if your custom morph scaled the pelvis, then you should also scale these two bones. I think this should be able to solve your problem.

And if I may, I will suggest that don't create your custom morph by scaling the bones (although this is convenient), but scale your model in zbrush or other software, and then adjust Center point and End point of the bones in daz studio.

3feetwolf  
#95 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2015 7:08:36 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Originally Posted by: KristinF Go to Quoted Post

LOL, endless updating.

Thanks for your suggestion, this is an interesting prop, let me think about itwink
simontemplar  
#96 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2015 10:29:06 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

Hi! I get an error message: I am sked to installl the "update for this UVS".
3feetwolf  
#97 Posted : Tuesday, September 1, 2015 8:01:45 PM(UTC)
3feetwolf

Hi! I get an error message: I am sked to installl the "update for this UVS".

Hi, could you please tell me which figure or character you were using when you encountered this message?
simontemplar  
#98 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2015 2:09:55 AM(UTC)
simontemplar

I was using Karen, with the Karen update. I swear it was consensual :p

*Edit*: fixed! I hadn't edited the DSA according to my folder structure. My bad :)

Edited by user Wednesday, September 2, 2015 2:14:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3feetwolf  
#99 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2015 9:55:42 AM(UTC)
3feetwolf

I was using Karen, with the Karen update. I swear it was consensual :p

*Edit*: fixed! I hadn't edited the DSA according to my folder structure. My bad :)

I am happy that you solved the problem, nice work :)

rbug02  
#100 Posted : Thursday, September 3, 2015 10:02:03 PM(UTC)
rbug02

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Xameva Go to Quoted Post
I don't know... you only load Adaline then run the script, right?
I do the same thing on my computer but no errors.

Okay I'm a fool. crazy

I figured it out after looking at the start of your script. var g_IrayPath = getAbsolutePath( "/Shader Presets/Iray/DAZ Uber/!Iray Uber Base.duf" );

I didn't have that file on my system. I didn't know it was a separate install. I thought it was included in the Studio 4.8 install and I haven't needed to use it as the character/clothing products I've bought included iray shaders. (Can you tell I'm a Poser user?). I

Works great now. False alarm, sorry! I love this product. yes

Yup same problem here..............Went through the whole nine yards just to read this yesterday to find out it worked today thanks Xameva for making it clear where i went wrong too....derp cursing drool

I'm here for the donuts.....
Where are they??