Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Seven-ol  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2024 9:08:05 AM(UTC)
Seven-ol

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)

Finally they dared to show some G9F naked, then a pubic hair is for sale and the wide open mouth, in the top-selling from their classification ...

What's next ? Meipe products ??

By the way, for those who don't know : Eon made Vue and TPF free. No more annual subscription but no more new iterations either.

bittermiasma  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2024 9:31:39 AM(UTC)
bittermiasma

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

I don't know for sure, but something did change with their management. They finally took the popular rendo vendors into their own fold, after so many years. What triggered this? I'm happy for the vendors as that would surely boost sales but it is something to think about - something behind the scenes that made them reach out to so many vendors - this was thought out and coordinated, planning who would be released on which day, getting the release banners ready and whatnot.

Is Daz also affected with the new AI craze - are less people buying now that its easier to get free realistic hot stuff from Stable Diffusion?

haruchai  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2024 11:27:18 AM(UTC)
haruchai

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Also after many years of vendors saying in the forums that they have had to change products submitted because they look too much like the film/TV things they were based on DAZ is now trumpeting the tie in outfits e.g. the recent Star Wars ones.

Something has definitely changed in their policies.
wurger  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2024 7:35:19 PM(UTC)
wurger

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 62 post(s)

Originally Posted by: bittermiasma Go to Quoted Post

I don't know for sure, but something did change with their management. They finally took the popular rendo vendors into their own fold, after so many years. What triggered this? I'm happy for the vendors as that would surely boost sales but it is something to think about - something behind the scenes that made them reach out to so many vendors - this was thought out and coordinated, planning who would be released on which day, getting the release banners ready and whatnot.

Is Daz also affected with the new AI craze - are less people buying now that its easier to get free realistic hot stuff from Stable Diffusion?

Based on some of the threads I've read on the Daz forums, Rendo made changes that a lot of vendors didn't like so they bailed. What these changes entail, I don't know, but they must have been significant to trigger such a migration.

Daz AI is getting pretty much the same reception there as AI does most other places where 3D creatives congregate. Some have fully drunk the Kool-Aid, many hate it. Bandwagon. Kind of smells like Daz NFT.

bittermiasma  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2024 9:26:00 AM(UTC)
bittermiasma

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

Originally Posted by: wurger Go to Quoted Post

Based on some of the threads I've read on the Daz forums, Rendo made changes that a lot of vendors didn't like so they bailed. What these changes entail, I don't know, but they must have been significant to trigger such a migration.

Daz AI is getting pretty much the same reception there as AI does most other places where 3D creatives congregate. Some have fully drunk the Kool-Aid, many hate it. Bandwagon. Kind of smells like Daz NFT.

Was it really a change from Rendo and not by Daz? I'm too small of a vendor there to know anything, sadly :( I thought it was Daz as they accepted even some lower quality stuff from the Rendo vendors.

Pushee-Ri  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2024 9:44:21 AM(UTC)
Pushee-Ri

Was thanked: 187 time(s) in 171 post(s)
@bittermiasma:

"Was it really a change from Rendo and not by Daz?"

Unfortunately, I don't know anything specific either. But what I do know is that the Rendo rules (TOS) are a horror for every creative. The testers / admins really interfere in everything, tell you what you have to show and how etc. etc. etc. Completely bananas!

An example: my last project (Poses), which I tried to submit there, was rejected

- not because it contained errors
- the testers didn't like it (quite the opposite)

... but because it violated Rendo's wacky rule No 378b:
"Thou shalt not use mannequins to show an overview of the poses"

Unbelievable? Nope - just the prevailing reality in the Rendo Parallel universe.
BrotherHades  
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2024 12:59:21 PM(UTC)
BrotherHades

Was thanked: 302 time(s) in 240 post(s)

Originally Posted by: haruchai Go to Quoted Post
Also after many years of vendors saying in the forums that they have had to change products submitted because they look too much like the film/TV things they were based on DAZ is now trumpeting the tie in outfits e.g. the recent Star Wars ones.

Something has definitely changed in their policies.

Yeah, they added a noncommercial/editorial license. So now if something is IP protected and Vendors upload it, customers buy said item, and use it commercially it'll fall on the customer/artist as the one in violation of IP, since it was under editorial license, and the artist broke the licensing agreement. It is possible the vendors have been starting to license use from IP holders, but I'd still guess their using the editorial usage clause of copyright law, to get past the use of others IP. (Basically as long as not being used for commercial usage IP can be used by artists, without licensing the IP, but the slippery slope here is how vague the definition of noncommercial is, is noncommercial just that the artist makes no money off piece, I know of a few cases Disney sued artists for painting murals of Pooh and Co for Daycare Centers, but because Disney's lawyers determined that as the daycare was a for profit business it made the Mural commercial use, as it was located in/on a business.) Star Trek and Star Wars allow "fan art" and "fan films" within certain criteria. Other IP holders it all depends on their views and what is allowed.

ZenMaster3D  
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2024 1:27:27 PM(UTC)
ZenMaster3D

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 97 post(s)

Originally Posted by: Seven-ol Go to Quoted Post

Finally they dared to show some G9F naked, then a pubic hair is for sale and the wide open mouth, in the top-selling from their classification ...

What's next ? Meipe products ??

We can only hope.

Seriously though.. this isn't anything new, it was brewing. One word: "Mousso". Cora, Echo, Milady and Lacey. Those are just the onos I grabbed over several months. Genesis 8(.1) characters and guess what these gorgeous ladies of wrestling, errr: renders have in common?

They were "publicaly visible". I think Mousso even made the pubes in ZBrush, it was all fibermesh.

Seriously: this is nothing new.

Not in my opinion anyway ;)

Loki  
#9 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2024 1:33:14 AM(UTC)
Loki

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 10 post(s)

Originally Posted by: wurger Go to Quoted Post

Was it really a change from Rendo and not by Daz? I'm too small of a vendor there to know anything, sadly :( I thought it was Daz as they accepted even some lower quality stuff from the Rendo vendors.

100% it was Rendo, They have been making more and more baffling changes each month that effected vendors pretty badly and instead of any kind of roll back or "opps we were wrong" they just doubled down and kept it up, more useless changes, more messing with payout splits etc etc etc.   and my personal favorite,  it feels to me and others that Rendo wants vendors to think they work for Rendo and not the other way around.

After the last big sweeping changes (as I was told) a few of the top top vendors went to Daz and explained the situation and said they wanted to come over / return etc,  I'm only assuming those vendors said "other top vendors are not happy either"  and I believe THAT lead Daz to reach out to the rest of us.

But this was not some 'master plan' from Daz to swoop up literally HALF of Rendo's Top 50 vendors (YES all 25-27 of us that went over were Top 50 lol)

So,  again as far as I'm aware and have been told, Rendo vendors went to Daz first, then Daz reached out to others.

Speaking of the entire welcome / gateway sales.. that event was pretty tight...

Prior to my friend (Ennushka) and I getting contacted we and others waited every morning between 2-3am est for the daily email to drop to play "Who's in today's Daz NFL Draft?"  Even turned it into a somewhat 'game' on ChrisCox's "Saturday Social" Twitch Streams (Chris was already in but stayed silent till his launch day lol)  it was pretty cool to see the people show up when they showed up.

I was also pretty geeked, that when I asked them, they agreed to put Ennushka and my release day together,  so that made it kind of extra special that the two of us got to track sales and promos together over our launch period.

Last but not least,  after the exodus was almost all over Rendo's owner released what I can only call the most delusional statement I can recall reading in many years,  I feel he totally downplayed the "issues" vendors had with the changes, and the fact that his go-to statement about loosing half his Top 50 was "Compitiion is a good thing"  (Read that one or two more times lol)

Rendo does not nor can not compete with the 1 single company it needs to even be a store lol, NONE of the marketplaces / stores / communities / brokerage sites or whatever you want to call them can or could compete with the only reason they have stores in the first place.  Rendo DOES compete with here, Rhub, Shards, Artstaion and other similar marketplaces as does all those places compete with each other, but none of the sites can compete with their add on product's software.

That statement told me everything I needed honestly lol.

As for the OP,  YES Daz has made rule changes and are now allowing non sexual nudity in promos (as ALL stores should honestly) and they are allowing more adult type products that they have not allowed in the past,  They have stated publicly that they will NOT be allowing actual sexual products like the core stuff found here,  and they also said publicly "There's already an established place to find those"  (which I only can assume means ROT)

That's about all I can say without mucking around into NDA teritory lol

Loki

Something witty goes here
thanks 4 users thanked Loki for this useful post.
bittermiasma on 5/13/2024(UTC), Pushee-Ri on 5/13/2024(UTC), haruchai on 5/13/2024(UTC), wurger on 5/13/2024(UTC)