Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Norgur  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2024 8:36:45 AM(UTC)
Norgur

Hi there,

I got a pretty annoying problem here: Whenever I try to load one of Davos Poses that is supposed to load an item with it, it will load the item, but not the pose itself. So the item will attach to the model, but the model will stay in the pose it was before. I tried disabling limits and locks (never use those anyway), How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance for the help!

davo  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2024 10:21:58 AM(UTC)
davo

Was thanked: 281 time(s) in 165 post(s)
This posing method was when I had Freeone doing DS conversions for me, so I'm not personally sure how to solve this. I am assuming that the figure you are applying the device to is the correct figure it was designed for? If you are using genesis 9 and the pose is for genesis 8, then the internal body part names are different and the pose won't apply. Also, you could try an experiment and parent one of your figures to another device and make sure the "parent in place" (or something like that) button isn't checked by default. Also, please let me know what product this is so I can try and duplicate the issue.
Thanks!
Davo
Norgur  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2024 3:02:21 PM(UTC)
Norgur

Hey, thank you very much for your fast reply! :D

I tried the things you said (disabling "parent in place). Didn't help, sadly. I tried to load G8 poses on G8 female models. I tried using the G3 poses as well for good measure (in the hopes that only the G8 pose was buggy), no luck. I had those poses working perfectly fine before. I noticed the issue with "Vendo Box", while Training Kits are working fine. The Vendo Box worked fine as well before, so I don't really know what's changed.
davo  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2024 3:50:50 PM(UTC)
davo

Hiya.
I have a few vendo box products (bimbo, candy and toy box, these are the converted ones that Freeone worked on ), can you let me known which one it is and I'll pull it up to see if I can duplicate the error. It's strange if it worked before for you but now it doesn't, I wonder if it's that's a g8 issue not a product issue. Let me know.
Cheers,
Davo
Norgur  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2024 10:39:57 AM(UTC)
Norgur

Hey, finally back home to check: I tried "Toy Box" so far. If this was a G8 issue, how would I fix this? I didn't find anything in the logs.
davo  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2024 3:37:09 PM(UTC)
davo

Okay, I have loaded the product for DS, loaded basic genesis 8 female, selected her, then applied the pose, which inserted the toy box and posed the figure. I had no issues.  Is it possible you are using a G8F figure with some kind of shell attached to her and that shell is being selected rather than the G8F figure?  I'm scratching my head here, it all works on my end.

Norgur  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2024 3:07:14 AM(UTC)
Norgur

Huh, interesting. It appears that some shell causes this, indeed. Looks like just about any shell on the model will get selected instead of the model itself. That is some really weird behavior. Well, at least I got a workaround now. Thank you for your assistance :)
davo  
#8 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2024 8:41:11 AM(UTC)
davo

Yeah, I always verify with the scene pane that I have the g8f selected rather than a shell. The shells sit outside the character so it's easy to select them accidentally. Glad we found the issue.